03-01-2015, FBI PCC submitted on 03-04-2015
Passport Req..
07-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
06-10-2015
LANDED..........
17-12-2015
eileenf said:
In addition to the helpful comments above, here is a good resource of someone who successfully contested a ruling of medically inadmissability: http://medicallyinadmissible.com/
Thanks buddy, I will take a look at it

scylla said:
By the way - where will you be living? Which city?
I'm planning to immigrate to Toronto as it has the bulk of IT jobs.

immig_IT_guy

Jan 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2014
Doc's Request.
Sent with Application
Nomination.....
16-10-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
Not Sure
Med's Request
23-12-2014
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
07-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
06-10-2015
LANDED..........
17-12-2015
This makes me wonder, how hard it is to sponsor my Dad for PR in the future :(

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
immig_IT_guy said:
I'm planning to immigrate to Toronto as it has the bulk of IT jobs.
St. Michael's Hospital (downtown Toronto) has an excellent Hemophilia clinic. I don't know if it's open to visitors - but certainly to those who have provincial health care coverage.

If your father is ever visiting and has an emergency and you happen to be close to downtown Toronto - St. Mike's would be the place to go.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
immig_IT_guy said:
Yes - unfortunately you should expect it's going to be difficult since your father's condition will fall under excessive demand. This doesn't mean it won't be possible - however you should expect to receive an intent to deny letter from CIC and have to argue why your father's condition will not place a burden on the Canadian health care system.

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
immig_IT_guy said:
Just a note as well that a super visa is not the same as pr. Pr is a real longshot for a parent trying to be sponsored by their adult child.

Doesn't the super visa require one to have private health insurance? If so, I don't see how excessive demand on the public health system would come into it.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
eileenf said:
Doesn't the super visa require one to have private health insurance? If so, I don't see how excessive demand on the public health system would come into it.
The super visa requires private health insurance and the applicant must also pass a medical. So yes - it's possible to be refused a super visa due to a health condition. Having said that - I don't know if hemophilia would result in a super visa refusal assuming the private health insurance coverage is in place.

However it is important to note that the private health insurance will only cover emergencies (not regular hemophilia treatments).

immig_IT_guy

Jan 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2014
Doc's Request.
Sent with Application
Nomination.....
16-10-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
Not Sure
Med's Request
23-12-2014
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
07-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
06-10-2015
LANDED..........
17-12-2015
scylla said:
The super visa requires private health insurance and the applicant must also pass a medical. So yes - it's possible to be refused a super visa due to a health condition. Having said that - I don't know if hemophilia would result in a super visa refusal assuming the private health insurance coverage is in place.

However it is important to note that the private health insurance will only cover emergencies (not regular hemophilia treatments).
Thanks a lot scylla for all your help !!

badshah500

Dec 8, 2014
Hello Everyone
One of my friend is suffering from Hemophilia and he want to apply for PR. I would like to understand if this is going to create any issue with his application process.Will he get visa or it will be denied on the following ground
Looking forward to seniors feedback on the following query.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello Everyone
One of my friend is suffering from Hemophilia and he want to apply for PR. I would like to understand if this is going to create any issue with his application process.Will he get visa or it will be denied on the following ground
Looking forward to seniors feedback on the following query.
Have you read through all of the messages in this thread? They should largely answer your question.

Gitibhd

Oct 4, 2020
Hi all.
We are a family of 4 from Iran. We have 2 kids aged 9 and 6. My son has sever hemophilia type A and has to inject FACTOR 8 three days a week.
3 yeas ago we applied for permenant resident visa to canada via investment program and we spent so much money and time waiting all these years to be accepted. We were all qualified and even we paid the landing fee to Canada's government but when we did the medical tests,a letter came to us telling that my 9 year old son's medication costs cause excessive demands on Canada's social service. The IRCC officer had estimated the costs to be 537000 CAD/year . Our lawyer in Canada responded to their procedural fairness letter indicating by proved documents that the costs would be between 40000 to 95000 CAD which was well bellow the 537000 CAD that IRCC had estimated. Four months later,we recieved a letter from the officer telling us that we were rejected.
We are all hopeless now.
Our lawyer is going to file a notice to the court for leave and judicial review.
According to humanitarian and compassionate considerations, do you think we have any chance?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi all.
We are a family of 4 from Iran. We have 2 kids aged 9 and 6. My son has sever hemophilia type A and has to inject FACTOR 8 three days a week.
3 yeas ago we applied for permenant resident visa to canada via investment program and we spent so much money and time waiting all these years to be accepted. We were all qualified and even we paid the landing fee to Canada's government but when we did the medical tests,a letter came to us telling that my 9 year old son's medication costs cause excessive demands on Canada's social service. The IRCC officer had estimated the costs to be 537000 CAD/year . Our lawyer in Canada responded to their procedural fairness letter indicating by proved documents that the costs would be between 40000 to 95000 CAD which was well bellow the 537000 CAD that IRCC had estimated. Four months later,we recieved a letter from the officer telling us that we were rejected.
We are all hopeless now.
Our lawyer is going to file a notice to the court for leave and judicial review.
According to humanitarian and compassionate considerations, do you think we have any chance?
$40-$95K per year was unfortunately still too high to be approved and it makes sense you were refused. The annual costs need to be $20K or lower in order to be approved. This is what you needed to prove in your response to the procedural fairness letter in order to override the medical admissibility.

To the best of my knowledge, to win under judicial review, you have to prove that IRCC was wrong in the decision they made. I'm not sure how your lawyer plans to do this and you would be best off working with him/her to determine this. I think it will be difficult given your response to the PFL letter confirmed that your son's annual health care expenses would exceed the $20K maximum per year.

You may want to spend time researching appeal cases through the canlii web site to see if you can find cases similar to yours and what the results of the judicial review were.

https://www.canlii.org/en/

Good luck.

Gitibhd

Oct 4, 2020
$40-$95K per year was unfortunately still too high to be approved and it makes sense you were refused. The annual costs need to be $20K or lower in order to be approved. This is what you needed to prove in your response to the procedural fairness letter in order to override the medical admissibility.

To the best of my knowledge, to win under judicial review, you have to prove that IRCC was wrong in the decision they made. I'm not sure how your lawyer plans to do this and you would be best off working with him/her to determine this. I think it will be difficult given your response to the PFL letter confirmed that your son's annual health care expenses would exceed the $20K maximum per year.

You may want to spend time researching appeal cases through the canlii web site to see if you can find cases similar to yours and what the results of the judicial review were.

https://www.canlii.org/en/

Good luck.
Wow! Thank you for your quick response. Yes,unfortunately the costs are still above the threshold but since he is only 9 year old and in Iran we have a terrible condition finding his medications, I was hoping that they accept him based on H&C criterias.
Thanks for the link you gave me. I will carefully see it

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Wow! Thank you for your quick response. Yes,unfortunately the costs are still above the threshold but since he is only 9 year old and in Iran we have a terrible condition finding his medications, I was hoping that they accept him based on H&C criterias.
Thanks for the link you gave me. I will carefully see it
Investor application isn’t an H&C category and neither is any economic immigration program and if you qualify you do have funds to apply for the investor program you should have the funds to receive treatment in countries where medication costs are much lower. Would consider sourcing medication from countries like India. If you are considering trying to enter Canada and applying for H&C that has a very low chance of success. H&C is not a program that was created for FN to get access to medical coverage and there are recent examples where families have arrived as visitors, sought treatment for their children and been denied when they have applied for H&C so their children can continue seeking treatment in Canada. You would also need to pay all medical costs until you got an H&C decision, you won’t qualify for WPs and your children would not be entitled to free schooling. We are talking about very expensive longterm therapy that your child will receive based on the cost of treatment in Canada. Over a lifetime that is multiple millions of dollars. As an investor you can understand that admitting economic immigrants that likely won’t come close to contributing the cost of your son’s healthcare doesn‘t make sense economically especially when medical budgets are far from being able to cover demand.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gitibhd

Gitibhd

Oct 4, 2020
Investor application isn’t an H&C category and neither is any economic immigration program and if you qualify you do have funds to apply for the investor program you should have the funds to receive treatment in countries where medication costs are much lower. Would consider sourcing medication from countries like India. If you are considering trying to enter Canada and applying for H&C that has a very low chance of success. H&C is not a program that was created for FN to get access to medical coverage and there are recent examples where families have arrived as visitors, sought treatment for their children and been denied when they have applied for H&C so their children can continue seeking treatment in Canada. You would also need to pay all medical costs until you got an H&C decision, you won’t qualify for WPs and your children would not be entitled to free schooling. We are talking about very expensive longterm therapy that your child will receive based on the cost of treatment in Canada. Over a lifetime that is multiple millions of dollars. As an investor you can understand that admitting economic immigrants that likely won’t come close to contributing the cost of your son’s healthcare doesn‘t make sense economically especially when medical budgets are far from being able to cover demand.
So many thanks for such detailed answer. Actually based on what you said I understand that I should not even think about immigrating to Canada.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
So many thanks for such detailed answer. Actually based on what you said I understand that I should not even think about immigrating to Canada.
Unfortunately there doesn‘t seems like an obvious path forward. Would consider other countries. Would suggest other countries but am not aware whether the cost of treatment for your son will be an issue for other countries. Would suggest doing more research or speaking to immigration consultants. Best of luck.