+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP.

GT1223

Jul 6, 2017
Hi, i would just like to help somebody. this is his situation.
He is in canada under visitor visa which would expire this december.
He is here with his wife BUT the thing is, they dont LIVE together for three months now.
The wife is applying for work permit and is now under process. the result would be anytime soon.
QUESTIONS:
1. what if the invitation for interview will come (wife's work permit), does the spouse necessarily have to go back to his home country so that the visa of the wife will be issued?
2. can the husband prefer not to go with his wife during the interview?
3. what will the husband do and what are HIS options???

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Your questions aren't very clear since you haven't explained how his wife is obtaining a work permit. However to try to answer your questions.

1. Interviews are almost never held for work permits. If an interview is required, the husband won't be expected to attend.
2. See above.
3. I don't understand this question. What does the husband want to do? Does he want to remain in Canada?

GT1223

Jul 6, 2017
Hi scylla. thank you for your reply. work permit is obtained via LMIA thru live in caregiver program. and yes, the husband(my friend) is currently living with me. he doesnt want to go home. he still has visa until feb of next year

GT1223

Jul 6, 2017
Hi scylla. thank you for your reply. work permit is obtained via LMIA thru live in caregiver program. and yes, the husband(my friend) is currently living with me. he doesnt want to go home. he still has visa until feb of next year
i mean til dec of this yr. sorry about that

GT1223

Jul 6, 2017
the husband wanted to know that in case the work permit application is approved, does he need to exit canada and go back to his home country? and is it possible he can opt not to exit and stay here instead?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Family members do not normally come to Canada with people working under the Live-in Caregiver Program. Even if an employer agrees that a family member can live with you in the home where you will provide care, future employers may not agree to the same terms. Also, you may not make enough money to support your family members in Canada.

However, you may be allowed to bring your family with you if you satisfy a visa officer that:

• you have enough money to care for and support your family members in Canada, and
  • your employer will let them live in the home where you will provide care.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
He can't stay based on his wife's work permit. First of all - they're not even living together anymore. If he tried to claim they are - that's fraud. Secondly, caregiver permits don't allow your family members to stay in Canada with you.

If he wants to remain in Canada, he will have to figure out how to do that himself. If he wants to stay as a visitor, he needs to extend his visitor visa. If he wants to work, then he needs to find an employer who is willing to offer him a full time job and also go through the LMIA process. He should expect it will be very difficult to find an employer.

His wife's status can't help him. Again, they're not even living together. So not sure why he thinks he can in any way benefit from her status in Canada.

GT1223

Jul 6, 2017
thank you for all your replies.
1. the wife has submitted all her docs to CIC and its been almost 4 months now. and may i ask what are the possible results? if approved, what is stated there? and if not , what is stated there ?
2. if approved or she will be asked to appear for interview, does that mean the husband will go with her?
does this mean, the husband has to exit canada in order for the work visa of his wife to be issued to her?
PLS enlighten. thanks scylla and cannuck78

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I'm sorry but I don't understand part of your question. As has been already stated her husband will not be able to get a work visa and will either have to apply for his TRV to be extended or will have to return to his home country. His TRV is unlikely to be be extended over and over again.

The wife's live-in caregiver application has nothing to do with her husband it only involves her.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
thank you for all your replies.
1. the wife has submitted all her docs to CIC and its been almost 4 months now. and may i ask what are the possible results? if approved, what is stated there? and if not , what is stated there ?
2. if approved or she will be asked to appear for interview, does that mean the husband will go with her?
does this mean, the husband has to exit canada in order for the work visa of his wife to be issued to her?
PLS enlighten. thanks scylla and cannuck78
Your questions have already been answered. Based on your earlier posts - you've already left your wife for someone else. Forget about your wife and her situation. It no longer has anything to do with you. If you want to stay in Canada - you have to figure out how to do that on your own.