+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP - VISITOR another Extension??

Estefania

Star Member
Mar 29, 2018
I applied for a visitor record in May 2020. I just got a response and it's approved until January. The truth is there are no flights with the airline company I got my ticket from before covid. And I'm not sure other companies are flying before January 4th. Could I ask for another extension? I don't have much time left.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I applied for a visitor record in May 2020. I just got a response and it's approved until January. The truth is there are no flights with the airline company I got my ticket from before covid. And I'm not sure other companies are flying before January 4th. Could I ask for another extension? I don't have much time left.
Yes. Not being able to get a flight on a certain airline won't necessarily be considered.

Reactions: Estefania

mira_johnson

Sep 30, 2015
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-2017
LANDED..........
10-2017
Apparently you can apply to renew it several times but isn't it a 6 months processing time? I also believe you could cross the US border (if thats even possible now) to re-enter canada in order to get a visitor record processed there and then instead.

Estefania

Star Member
Mar 29, 2018
Apparently you can apply to renew it several times but isn't it a 6 months processing time? I also believe you could cross the US border (if thats even possible now) to re-enter canada in order to get a visitor record processed there and then instead.
Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I don't have any kind of US visa to enter and then come back to Canada. And yes, visitor record takes around 6 months to be issued but I just got one month to stay. ( I guess it was a polite way of asking me to leave). I have my bf here, I really want to stay, otherwise I don't know when I'll be able to see him again

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Crossing into the US would not be advised because you likely can't reenter because your travel isn't considered essential.

Estefania

Star Member
Mar 29, 2018
Just for 1 month? When did your stay expire? (First 6 moths I mean)
I applied on May 2020 and I got a response on December 9. It doesn't say Issued date, I guess it started to run from the moment I got implied status. It was approved until January 4, 2021 (Expiry date) . That means I will have to leave before that date.

Estefania

Star Member
Mar 29, 2018
I reapply visitor record for the 2nd time and i state there that we want to complete the commonlaw
Did you submit any documents related to common-law already as a proof? I'm going to be sponsored but my documents are not ready yet. Still need to figure out some taxes. Not sure if I could provide any proof yet.

ghenny

Star Member
Feb 7, 2019
We just submit normal documents like bank account, tax etc. but we state in our letter that our purpose to extend is for common law

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Same I applied for visitor record in May 2020. It got approved on Dec 2 but just for 20 days . I don't know if what to do? Is that even a thing to approve visa such less time!
You are on a visitor visa so officers can decide how long you can stay. You aren’t a permanent resident.

Reactions: Buletruck

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Immigration can just say, book on another airline. Take the scenario that the airline you booked with never restarts service to Canada after the pandemic ends? What then ? You would then book on another airline., and recoup the fees thru your travel insurance I presume you purchased

Reactions: Naturgrl