+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help Very Complicated case for visitor visa for my parents

legendrock

Sep 6, 2013
Hi
I and my husband are Canadian permanent resident and want to apply for my parents Visitor Visa.
But the case is so complicated
My fathers entered Canada as refugee in 1998 without any document and passport at that time he only gave his name and thumb print on papers at airport. After that He applied for Permanent resident and got rejected. So He went to USA crossing border illegally and came back to India after few years (2005).
Now I want my father to apply for visitor visa can he applied for Canadian visitor visa if yes
What to write in IMM5257E Background check question 2c. Have you previously applied to enter or remain in Canada? Or should I say no.
Do they have all the records for him or not

Lashen

Nov 1, 2016
legendrock said:
Hi
I and my husband are Canadian permanent resident and want to apply for my parents Visitor Visa.
But the case is so complicated
My fathers entered Canada as refugee in 1998 without any document and passport at that time he only gave his name and thumb print on papers at airport. After that He applied for Permanent resident and got rejected. So He went to USA crossing border illegally and came back to India after few years (2005).
Now I want my father to apply for visitor visa can he applied for Canadian visitor visa if yes
What to write in IMM5257E Background check question 2c. Have you previously applied to enter or remain in Canada? Or should I say no.
Do they have all the records for him or not
If your father didn't change his name, data of birth, then they have it. And if they require bio metric for your country, then name change won't make any difference. Better declare!!! He will have to prove that he will return back and that's all.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes - CIC will have all of the records. He needs to be 100% honest about his immigration history both in the US and in Canada. Otherwise he can expect the TRV application to be refused and be issued with a five year ban from Canada.