+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help required to select the correct NOC Code

nvacharya

Apr 24, 2016
Guys,

I am looking forward to start my Express Entry Process for moving to Canada. Could anyone please help me select the correct NOC Code for my profile?

To understand more, I have completed my Masters of Engineering in Electronics and Communication. Currently I work as a Planning Engineer in an EPC Firm and having 4 years of experience.
NOC 2133 (Electrical and Electronics Engineer) is correct as per my Education but the roles and responsibilities do not match as I am employed in an Oil related Company.
NOC 0211 (Engineering Managers) matches to my Roles and responsibilities but then it asks for several years of experience.

I searched Designation as Planning Engineer, Project Planner/Scheduler, Scheduling Engineer, Project Controls Engineer and have received many NOC Codes.
I am confused to what should be the best Code for my profile.

Could some1 please be kind enough to guide/help me through

Appreciate your help in advance.

Thanks

SergeSD

Star Member
Mar 20, 2016
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
23-06-2017
LANDED..........
06-03-2018
Hi there,

Your NOC will defined by your duties and not your education/designation.

Pick the one that matches more closely your responsibilities. Be careful of occupations beginning with 0. These are managerial ones and imply big responsibility in the organization and people management duties.

As for the seniority, you could still claim your NOC even as a junior, provided you still match the description.

Cheers,

Serge

nvacharya

Apr 24, 2016
Thanks for the information Serge...
I have found 3 NOC Codes that fit well based on my Roles and responsibility. All the points mentioned in these codes do not match only a few of them are perfect match my Work Profile.

Should all the points mentioned in a particular NOC code match your Work Profile? or only a few of them is fine?
if i have more than 1 NOC Code which matched my responsibility, then how do i determine which one to choose?

Thanks

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
nvacharya said:
Thanks for the information Serge...
I have found 3 NOC Codes that fit well based on my Roles and responsibility. All the points mentioned in these codes do not match only a few of them are perfect match my Work Profile.

Should all the points mentioned in a particular NOC code match your Work Profile? or only a few of them is fine?
if i have more than 1 NOC Code which matched my responsibility, then how do i determine which one to choose?

Thanks
While selecting the NOC, the duties and responsibilities mentioned in the NOC should be a close match with the actual duties and responsibilities carried out by you at the respective job. You need not match the duties and responsibilities word by word, but the idea is to have the closest match in terms of the spirit of the duties and responsibilities (at least 60%-70% match).

Also, NOC should be selected on the basis of the match of actual duties and responsibilities carried out by you rather than the designation match in the NOC list. If you are not sure of your NOC, write to noc@workingincanada.gc.ca with your duties and responsibilities, they will help you find the closest fit.

nvacharya

Apr 24, 2016
Stanlee,

Thanx for the suggestion. I have mailed them and they asked me to provide more details about my Work. SO lets wait and watch.

Any other link or place where i can look into for better understanding?

Cheers

usman118

Feb 29, 2016
Stanlee,

Thanx for the suggestion. I have mailed them and they asked me to provide more details about my Work. SO lets wait and watch.

Any other link or place where i can look into for better understanding?

Cheers
Hi there
did u get a reply for Planning Engineer NOC?

sidganesh

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
10-03-2018
AOR Received.
10-03-2018
Passport Req..
30-04-2018
VISA ISSUED...
14-05-2018
The job descriptions in the job bank are actually very helpful. Once you create your profile and find out from the job bank that the NOC should be different, you can always change it. Better to do it sooner rather than near the date of the draws.