+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[HELP] QSW from Lebanon to Damascus Office, HELP needed

tonyelbatal

Star Member
Jul 31, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear all,

First thanks for everyone for your great efforts to help each other, I've never seen such a supportive community. I would like to have some help from you. Below are my details:
1. Date of submit application for CSQ: End of November 2007
2. CSQ delivered in October 2008
3. Federal application (Permanent Visa) start date of processing: 2nd of December 2008 (as per online status check)
4. Waiting for medical test...

As per: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/international/02b-skilled-que.asp
Time to finalize is in:
- 30% of cases finalized in 8 months
- 50% of cases finalized in 10 months
- 70% of cases finalized in 13 months
- 80% of cases finalized in 16 months

P.S. Note that I have already payed for the Landing Fees with my Permanent Visa application.

As for the above info, I've done some calculations, and I assume that, if I take the 50% cases, which means application finalized in 10 months, they should at least send the medical tests 1 to 2 month prior. And that should be between August 09 and September 09. Same calculation applies for the 70% case, which means medical tests should be sent 1 to 2 month prior to the 13 months (above), which means between November 09 and December 09. (all calculations are done for my start processing date: 2nd December 2008).

Please let me know if my calculations are correct and logical, and I would like to know your input on the above. Your help will be greatly appreciated!

EDIT: Anyone from Lebanon also having the same case? Or at least anyone who applied to QSW to Damascus office, having the same case?

Thank you in advance for all of you.
Tony

M

michel_simok

Hi Tony,,
i have the same thing !!
b4 time line i would like to tell u that i am from Egypt and my file was in Damascus but my IV. was in Egypt on 28-10-08 with Jislen,,,, some of IV. was in Damas. and they beought a doc. list to complete the pr rec.,
but in my case she didnot gave me this list so when i was paying the fees $1100 for me and my wife, i asked the off. which reciving the PR rec. , doc. and fees : can u check my doc. if it correct or there is something missing she said we will call u if there is missing doc. after 2-3 months.
then i asked someone about his case so he toled me about this doc. needed list, i photo copied it and i found some doc. r missing and i put all missing doc.s in the cic Egypt office by hand on 15-12-08.
someone from cic office called 29-7-09 to tell there is one doc. is missing ,,,
we said that Jislen recived it in the IV.
they answerd by : there is no comm. betwen Jislen and us any more so pls bring ur missing doc. (work Expriences proof for me and my wife).
30-7-09 i put it by hand and waiting till now there is no reply,,
alot of cases which i know in the same time of my case r now in canada since 10-40 days ago.
if u have a new info. pls. tell me.
Good luck
Michel

tonyelbatal

Star Member
Jul 31, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Michel,

Thanks for your reply. Yes indeed there are many cases which are under delays, others not... You said: "alot of cases which i know in the same time of my case r now in canada since 10-40 days ago". Did those persons apply as Quebec Skilled Workers and to Damascus Embassy? And when did they apply for the Permanent VISA? In November/December 2008? And those are already in Canada as you told me?

Awaiting your reply. Have a nice day!
Tony

M

michel_simok

Hi Tony,,
yes all my network r applicants for Damas.
1st half of November 2008
one of them time line was:
PR visa rec. 1st half of Nov. 2008
30-4-2008 medical rec.
5 weeks they recived their passorts with visas.

keep in touch

God Blesses

Michel

tonyelbatal

Star Member
Jul 31, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi again Michel!

About the applicant who received the medical test form on 30/4/2008, do you know if he applied for Quebec at the first place, got the CSQ then applied for PR Visa on 1st half of Nov 2008 as you stated? And he did apply from Egypt?

M

michel_simok

yes Tony he applied for Quebec first place (QSW ) and he is from egypt. but he and his family r in canada now almost 1 month ago.

tonyelbatal

Star Member
Jul 31, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Very strange, cause if you check:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/international/02b-skilled-que.asp

The minimum time to finalize an application is 8 months (Damascus). Your friend's application has finished before that time! That's very strange no?

M

michel_simok

Dear Tony,,
Alot of things are strange .
But nothing strange when god need..!!!!
Any way i'm asking God to help me im this life.
u can ask ur god too to let him make the best for u and for all of ur life
Michel

tonyelbatal

Star Member
Jul 31, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Michel,

I'm very happy for your reply. Actually, without God I wouldn't have done anything in my whole life... I always ask Him to guide me along my life path, so I am not affraid from anything in life. Be it that I went to Canada or not, it's always His decision for my best, and I trust Him and whatever happens I will be more than happy. Whoever turns to God will never fail in anything in his life.

God bless you and your family.
Tony

lola82

Aug 23, 2009
Hi tony,
well it's great to find someone who has applied in damascus coz even if the embassy is so busy , it seems that none of the applicants shows up online..
anyways, i wanted to say that i applied for the federal after getting my csq in june 2008...and i'm still waiting...the wait is unbearable but no choice right?
it's been almost 15 months since i applied and still nothing.... i was happy ;) to visit the embassy twice during this time but always same answer..ur file is in process... anyway ive got a question for u...do u know what they write on the cyberclient when they want u to to undergo the medical check or IVM for us francophones...
merci d'avance..

bobine

May 5, 2008
lola82 said:
Hi tony,
well it's great to find someone who has applied in damascus coz even if the embassy is so busy , it seems that none of the applicants shows up online..
anyways, i wanted to say that i applied for the federal after getting my csq in june 2008...and i'm still waiting...the wait is unbearable but no choice right?
it's been almost 15 months since i applied and still nothing.... i was happy ;) to visit the embassy twice during this time but always same answer..ur file is in process... anyway ive got a question for u...do u know what they write on the cyberclient when they want u to to undergo the medical check or IVM for us francophones...
merci d'avance..
before med and even after i got them done it's still the same "in process".
just wait & c what Tony will say since u r applying from the same place.

du courage et surtout bcp de chance!

tonyelbatal

Star Member
Jul 31, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Lola,

Hope you're doing fine :) First where you're from? Second, regarding the federal application, I can't believe you're still waiting and it's been 15 months!! I can't imagine my case too, I have received the CSQ in last October 2008, and send the Federal application at the end of November, and they sent me the AOR on 2 of December. Since that date, when I login to the online processing, it's still "IN PROCESS". I think it will stay in process even when you get the medical tests. Once they receive your medical tests and check them, then they will have a decision. Once that happens, they will change online status to DECISION TAKEN (whether it's OK or not). So I think the online status checking is useless until you send them the medical tests results. I hope we will both have the medical tests very soon... I am sending them emails from time to time, but each time they tell me "your application in still in queue"... so I don't know how much time it will take for the med. tests...

Please keep me notified on your case updates...

Nader 79

Aug 24, 2009
Dear Tony and Michel,

The best thing is to "forget" you even applied for Canadian immigration up until you receive a letter from the Commission either asking for a medical test OR (and this happens a lot) asking for re-submitting missing documents.

My application was "In Process" since April 07 - it's processed in London office. I'm Lebanese but working in Saudi Arabia so all Gulf applicants usually send their applications (usually through agencies) there.

I was contacted for re-submission of some docuemnts in April 09 (2 years!) and in August 09 everthing was sent again.

So again just be patient and not to think about it a lot - time will pass quickly then.

Best Regards,

Nader D

tonyelbatal

Star Member
Jul 31, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Nader for your reply. Quick question, did you apply as FSW or QSW? We applied for Quebec and QSW times are usually faster than those of FSW.