+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help! Professional degree = Two or more post-secondary program credentials?

Alexander80

Sep 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

I've gotten my ITA (happily of course) but something about my score puzzles me. I've been awarded a 437 EE score with 50 points for skill transferability- education.

Thing is, it's my understanding that you get 50 points for "Two or more post-secondary program credentials AND at least one of these credentials was issued on completion of a post-secondary program of three years or longer".

However, I never claimed to have two or more post-secondary program credentials. I have a law degree which was assessed by WES as a "Bachelor of laws" and aside from that, in my EE Profile I claimed for:
(1) an ongoing, uncompleted, no ECA 1 year postgraduate university program
(2) a "certificate or diploma or degree awarded" for level of education "secondary diploma (high school graduation)".

Could anyone tell me how the system awarded me 50 skill transferability-education points?

I'm wondering whether my score has been wrongly calculated and whether I should decline the ITA.

Jun 24, 2016
Hi ,please help as i am confused with my wes assesment .
As per ECA ,result is four year bachelor degree and one year post graduate diploma.

so whether it is
'Two or more post-secondary program credentials AND with least one of these credentials being three years or longer'

or

" three year or more post secondary credentials "

Please confirm .

Regards

Alexander80

Sep 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
channa.jatinder@gmail.com said:
Hi ,please help as i am confused with my wes assesment .
As per ECA ,result is four year bachelor degree and one year post graduate diploma.

so whether it is
'Two or more post-secondary program credentials AND with least one of these credentials being three years or longer'

or

" three year or more post secondary credentials "

Please confirm .

Regards
Hi, dont take my word for it because I'm a newbie just like you. But my personal feel is just refer to this page http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/eca-conversion.asp and you should be fine.

Ismail said

Feb 28, 2018
Alexandria,Egypt
NOC Code......
Hi all,

I've gotten my ITA (happily of course) but something about my score puzzles me. I've been awarded a 437 EE score with 50 points for skill transferability- education.

Thing is, it's my understanding that you get 50 points for "Two or more post-secondary program credentials AND at least one of these credentials was issued on completion of a post-secondary program of three years or longer".

However, I never claimed to have two or more post-secondary program credentials. I have a law degree which was assessed by WES as a "Bachelor of laws" and aside from that, in my EE Profile I claimed for:
(1) an ongoing, uncompleted, no ECA 1 year postgraduate university program
(2) a "certificate or diploma or degree awarded" for level of education "secondary diploma (high school graduation)".

Could anyone tell me how the system awarded me 50 skill transferability-education points?

I'm wondering whether my score has been wrongly calculated and whether I should decline the ITA.

hi,

I'm a lawyer too and I was wondering if my NOC code would be 4112 or 4211??? and Is it mandatory that obtain a license for Canada immigration before getting (ITA)??? also, WES evaluated my degree as a bachelor of laws too,did you choose on EE profile a University level entry-to-practice professional degree or bachelor degree??

I would very much appreciate any input.

Many thanks!

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
hi,

I'm a lawyer too and I was wondering if my NOC code would be 4112 or 4211??? and Is it mandatory that obtain a license for Canada immigration before getting (ITA)??? also, WES evaluated my degree as a bachelor of laws too,did you choose on EE profile a University level entry-to-practice professional degree or bachelor degree??

I would very much appreciate any input.

Many thanks!
on EE profile you have to choose what it says in your ECA

Reactions: Ismail said

Ismail said

Feb 28, 2018
Alexandria,Egypt
NOC Code......
on EE profile you have to choose what it says in your ECA

Professional degree needed to practice in a licensed profession
(also known as First professional degree or Entry-to-practice professional degree)

For Express Entry, we only accept professional degrees in these fields

Law
  • Bachelor of Laws
  • Juris Doctor
  • First professional university degree in law
  • First professional university degree in law, preceded by [x years] prerequisite undergraduate study

Express Entry Comprehensive Ranking System (with spouse)
Express Entry Comprehensive Ranking System (without spouse) 135
Federal Skilled Worker Program factor points (if this applies) 23

Source: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/eca-conversion.asp

That tells me foreign law experience is still considered "professional"degree.

Reactions: Komald

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Professional degree needed to practice in a licensed profession
(also known as First professional degree or Entry-to-practice professional degree)

For Express Entry, we only accept professional degrees in these fields

Law
  • Bachelor of Laws
  • Juris Doctor
  • First professional university degree in law
  • First professional university degree in law, preceded by [x years] prerequisite undergraduate study

Express Entry Comprehensive Ranking System (with spouse)
Express Entry Comprehensive Ranking System (without spouse) 135
Federal Skilled Worker Program factor points (if this applies) 23

Source: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/eca-conversion.asp

That tells me foreign law experience is still considered "professional"degree.
yeah but what was your ECA for it

jinesh03

Apr 6, 2018
I have a degree in pharmacy and I am planning to claim points for professional degree by evaluating it with PEBC. I have a post-graduate dimploma as well. So my question is, Do I have to get evaluated my Post-Grad diploma by WES to claim points for "Two or more degrees/dimplomas...." under Skill transferability section ? or my professional degree can claim those points for "Two or more...." ?