+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

(Help plz!!)I got extra points with Lmia and then my store goes out of business.

Chuchu Train

Feb 27, 2023
Hello everyone!! Please help me what should I do..
when it comes to my case. I got an extra 50 points with lmia and got an AOR on September 8th. By the way, today my boss says he will close the store in 2 months. (for retirement)
I am now waiting for the Biometrics Letter. I have a close work permit.. If I lose extra points, I'm short of invitation points. What should I do?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
when it comes to my case. I got an extra 50 points with lmia and got an AOR on September 8th. By the way, today my boss says he will close the store in 2 months. (for retirement)
I am now waiting for the Biometrics Letter. I have a close work permit.. If I lose extra points, I'm short of invitation points. What should I do?
Find a new employer who is willing to get an approved LMIA so that you don't lose the 50 points.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
It is weird to see that your employer who is going to close their store as a part of their retirement to go for LMIA(especially for a retail job). This makes no sense as the employer is now obligated to inform IRCC about closing the business before LMIA expiration and fully withdraw this LMIA. Which is a lot of added work for someone wanting to retire.

Reactions: Naturgrl

Chuchu Train

Feb 27, 2023
It is weird to see that your employer who is going to close their store as a part of their retirement to go for LMIA(especially for a retail job). This makes no sense as the employer is now obligated to inform IRCC about closing the business before LMIA expiration and fully withdraw this LMIA. Which is a lot of added work for someone wanting to retire.
Thank you for your reply. The business is a restaurant, but I think the owner will change. I don't know yet whether to hire me or not... everything is uncertain..