+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP! Parents got 5 year Multiple-Entry Visa Category V-1

hazelnut

Oct 22, 2013
Need advice from anyone please. I am a permanent resident here in Canada, and since we do not have any relatives here to help look after my son when both my husband and I are working, I applied for my parents to come here. I indicated super visa for parents/grandparents on the application form we submitted but since a few people has told me that for us not to be required of medical insurance immediately and for faster processing, better have them apply for a max of 6-month stay or below. So I did. And now their visa came out with Multiple Entry valid for 5 years under V-1 Category. Is this super visa already? I am confused... How long can they stay then? I have not bought their tickets yet. Can I have them stay for about a year or 2? What should we do next? PLease advice... Anything will be much appreciated. Thank you very much!

hazelnut

Oct 22, 2013
YYZguy416 said:
V-1 is a regular visitor visa, and not a super visa.
Thanks @YYZguy416 ... So this means they can only come and stay for a max of 6 months right? Would you or anybody know if I can move it up to a super visa or better yet an application for residency by the time they are in Canada?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
If they want a super visa, then will have to submit a brand new application. You can't convert a regular visit visa into a super visa.

CIC is going to begin accepting parent sponsorship applications again in January. Some rules will be changing and you can read about these changes here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/releases/2013/2013-05-10.asp

It will take a number of years for the sponsorship application to be processed.

hazelnut

Oct 22, 2013
Thank you Scylla! :) That actually helps. I may have to inquire on next steps to take when they get here so they can stay longer or permanently. For now I'm happy that they can atleast come over. Hopefully it permits that I can make way for an extension. A supervisa approval or atleast get their petition rolling.