+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP (NORMAL SECURITY) OR (COMPREHENSIVE SCREENING)

blackedout

Feb 26, 2024
Hi I have applied for a study permit 5 months ago and still waiting on it. It's stuck on ACTIVITY STATUS updated: background verification in progress since October 27th 2023.

I have my GCMS notes from CBSA. It says Security LABELLED AS "IN PROGRESS"

Can someone please tell me if my application has ended up in comprehensive or normal screening???

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi I have applied for a study permit 5 months ago and still waiting on it. It's stuck on ACTIVITY STATUS updated: background verification in progress since October 27th 2023.

I have my GCMS notes from CBSA. It says Security LABELLED AS "IN PROGRESS"

Can someone please tell me if my application has ended up in comprehensive or normal screening???
Post under International Students, not immigration. Notes don’t state one or the other.

blackedout

Feb 26, 2024
Post under International Students, not immigration. Notes don’t state one or the other.
Thank you for reaching out to me. How can I find out if I have ended up in the comprehensive screening then? I have suspicions that I may have ended up there as my BG check has been going on for more than 5 months now. I also found someone else through the forum showing that via inspecting the tracker on the browser if you find the code 17 and security in your application then it's most definitely security screening. Are you able to confirm this?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you for reaching out to me. How can I find out if I have ended up in the comprehensive screening then? I have suspicions that I may have ended up there as my BG check has been going on for more than 5 months now. I also found someone else through the forum showing that via inspecting the tracker on the browser if you find the code 17 and security in your application then it's most definitely security screening. Are you able to confirm this?
I don’t know codes but you could google it. BG check can take a long time depending on where you live no, where you have lived and country of citizenship. Canada has to wait on immigration/security information on each country. If country has poor relations with Canada, it can take a long time. Some African countries, China and gulf countries can take many month. Know Chinese students who wait over a year.