+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP! newly pregnant and sponsoring mexican husband

R

robrod

Check out the Mexico thread started by Fernandita here in the Forum... There's an applicant named galmxcan who applied for not only a TRV but a multiple-entry one while with an outland PR application in process and she got approved... She landed by flag-poling shortly afterwards, she did not have to return to Mexico again...
2 relatives of mine (yeppers, Mexicans too) just got their multiple-entry TRVs to come visit us next month as well... They give you a very fast decision, if you drop your application off in person at the Embassy in Mexico City, it takes only a week to get it back by courier. By mail it took my other relative 2 weeks only to get it back by courier as well (you pre-pay DHL for that)...
Best of luck!, it's doable.

RobsLuv

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Original:14Mar2007; Reprocess began after appeal:26Apr2010
Doc's Request.
Original:9May'07; Reprocess:7May'10
AOR Received.
Original:28Apr'07; Reprocess:26Apr'10
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
Reprocessing:7May2010
Med's Done....
Jun2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011

canadayogini

Star Member
Oct 31, 2010
Melbourne, Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2010
AOR Received.
20-12-2010
File Transfer...
09-12-2010
Med's Done....
06-10-2010
Passport Req..
01-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2011
Dear Portugalpat,

Congratulations on your pregnancy, it is a special time and I'm sorry that it is being clouded by probably a lot of stress and trying to make these important decisions (especially hard when you don't know when the visa application will be approved).

I'm also newly pregnant, second baby, the first was born in Canada and unless our PPR comes soon then this one will also be born in Australia (not such a bad place but not much support for me here and I dread the thought of then migrating overseas with a baby and a toddler).

I can understand your desire to have your baby in Canada and the conflict of also wanting your husband to be there. That is really tough. I wish there was an easier answer.

I guess the things to weigh up in your decision is considering what other support do you have, either in Canada or Mexico that you may be able to draw upon - family & friends can also be soooo helpful during the pregnancy and also in the first 6 months. the time will go very quickly but the day to day it is essential that you have either loving partner or friends or family very nearby (in my personal experience).

If the process ends up being a full 15 months, say thinking of the longest scenario, then what would it be like for you knowing hubby couldn't even come to see you within the first few months after the birth and knowing that it may be physically hard for you to travel right after baby anyway? It's a tough decision but it's good you are exploring the questions and possibilities now, there is time to talk about your different options between you both and figure out a plan that although is not your first choice it is something you can agree to in advance.

I like the sound of the TRV, if you can apply, I would say go for it! Since that may give you the kind of 'insurance' you need to know he will be there with you in Canada... and here's hoping anyway that it will all go through in good time. I think you can fly international up to 32 weeks of your pregnancy, providing there's no complications. All the best!

jendrian

Star Member
Oct 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-09-2010
Doc's Request.
08-01-2011
AOR Received.
08-01-2011
File Transfer...
22-12-2010
Med's Request
08-01-2011
Med's Done....
30-08-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
24-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
11-03-2011
the problem is her husband has already gotten denied visitors visa twice.

Sure it doesn't hurt to apply a third time, but it's farfetched.

Have you guys considered uhm... having the baby in a less dangerous city? You have enough time to save some money and go to –I don't know– Merida, Campeche, Chetumal, etc. Sure you will have to pay for a lot of stuff, but it's not as expensive as you may originally think. A cozy place rents for ~300 CAD/mo, living expenses aren't much, and you get a lot of security and most likely private health care (they will deliver your baby for ~1000 CAD though) on places where, as mikeyvr failed to point out, plenty of 1st world foreigners come to for treatment.

That being said, I doubt your application will last 9 months from now, specially if it's already started. Chances are your husband will be there for the birthday.

Greetings and congratulations!

mikeyvr

Mar 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Appeal won Sept 2010
File Transfer...
16-11- 2010
Med's Request
Doc request Dec 2010
Med's Done....
15-02-2011
jendrian said:
the problem is her husband has already gotten denied visitors visa twice.

Sure it doesn't hurt to apply a third time, but it's farfetched.

Have you guys considered uhm... having the baby in a less dangerous city? You have enough time to save some money and go to –I don't know– Merida, Campeche, Chetumal, etc. Sure you will have to pay for a lot of stuff, but it's not as expensive as you may originally think. A cozy place rents for ~300 CAD/mo, living expenses aren't much, and you get a lot of security and most likely private health care (they will deliver your baby for ~1000 CAD though) on places where, as mikeyvr failed to point out, plenty of 1st world foreigners come to for treatment.

That being said, I doubt your application will last 9 months from now, specially if it's already started. Chances are your husband will be there for the birthday.

I may have failed to point out that many foreigners go to Mexico to get treatment but if you want the best treatment is going to cost you and a lot of money , My mother is a nurse in Mexico thats why im familiar with the cost of treatments. Having the baby here in Canada she will save the cost of the treatment in mexico. She could spend the money in taking the baby to his father in Mexico while he waits.

At the end is going to be their decision as couple on what works for them best.

solosunseeker

Jan 29, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Portugalpat,

My husband was denied for a tourist visa as well. Before we got married. I asked my MPs office to do an enquiry. The MP office told me if he was denied once he would probably never be approved. The embassy's response to the enquiry was basiclly, he was young, male with no children and no reason to return to Mexico. It's pretty hard to change those things, to get approved.

I would recommend, taking a deep breath, and getting creative. You have time and your baby needs you to be happy and healthy. Start with how can you share as much as possible with your husband about the pregancey? Can you get videos of your altasounds? Can you find a doctor and hospital in Canada that would let you Skype the birth, if he is not yet here? But he'll be here.

And just to put this in prospective, Canadian soldier's wife's have babies without their husband far too often. When i get really upset about how this is not fair!!! i try to think about those families.

Best of Luck.
Solosunseeker

canda

Star Member
Sep 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 21 2010
Doc's Request.
Requested constancia Feb 16th 2011
AOR Received.
February 2 2011
File Transfer...
November 19 2010
Med's Request
they have our meds
Med's Done....
October 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
march 8 2011
LANDED..........
March 13 2011
O.K I think wew are forgetting that someone needs our actual advise here. SO here is mine.
1.It is faster if you apply outland
2. When they request your husband to get his federal police certificate you can have your husband travel to Mexico city to drop off the constancia directly to the canadian embassy that will help
3. Do as much as you can with the initial application like pay the total fee, send it with your medical etc..... As much proof as possible
4. We sent our state police certificates with the initial application but one of them expired while we were in process so we had to get another one. They only last 3 months so think about that.

I hope that helps if i think of anything else i will get back to you
Good luck
BTW Mexico is beautiful and amazing so do your research and dont believe everything you here in the news.
Peace