+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

help needed :(

arzoo

Mar 1, 2010
hi ppl
i need your help
i got married with a canadian guy in pakistan in dec2009. he went back to canada after a month while am staying in pakistan. ever since then he havent supported me financially . Last month i got to know that he was already married and divorced which he or his family never disclosed to us . when i asked about it he got confused and never replied me back after that. He changed his cell no and do not reply my mails.Now i wanted to divorce him + i wanted to claim my financial rights in canada but am confused about the procedure. can anybody help me ????

by the way he also told me waaaaay bank in feb that he had applied for my immigration but ive never heard from embassy i guess he was lying on that part too. GOD i really want to teach him a lesson for being so dishonest.

Cdagal

Jul 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-07-2010
AOR Received.
24-08-2010
File Transfer...
09-08-2010
Med's Done....
23-04-2010
Interview........
11-11-2010
Passport Req..
11-11-2010
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
02-03-2011
Which financial rights would that be exactly? Having not combined households or moved toward a mutually beneficial life together, I doubt that you have jointly accumulated any assets to speak of. I think the best course of action would be to divorce him due to spousal abandonment and get on with your life. There is no way he could have applied legally for your immigration without your signature on the documents that you would have had to fill out, so likely that is not the case.

ambar

Star Member
Dec 1, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-2010
Doc's Request.
15-06-2010
File Transfer...
03-03-2010
Med's Done....
10-11-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
21-09-2010
VISA ISSUED...
28-09-2010
LANDED..........
26-10-2010
I agree ^^

Since you don't have the PR visa and he never applied for your case (because of no paperwork done by you or him I'm guessing)
that he most probably never intended to sponsor you to be with him. Don't really understand why he got married though if he just stopped contacting you? Is there something you're leaving out?

But nonetheless, I think you should file for divorce and move on with your life, considering he kept a previous marriage and divorce from you, I don't think he's a keeper anyways.

waitingintz

Jul 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2010
Doc's Request.
01-11-2010
AOR Received.
28-09-2010
File Transfer...
24-08-2010
Med's Done....
22-06-2010
Interview........
waived!!
Passport Req..
16-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
22/02/2011
LANDED..........
19-5-2011 (hopefully!)
Arzoo... unfortunate situation but you have no automatic rights in Canada just by virtue of being married to a Canadian and certainly, as the others indicated, there coudn't possibly be an immigration file for you without you completing forms.

I would think that if you were married in Pakistan and you are not a Canadian resident you need to file your divorce under Pakistani law and will be entitled to whatever you can get by rights under Pakistani divorce law (which will clearly lay out whether your assets from before the marraige become communal or stay seperate).

You need to contact a divorce lawyer in Pakistan and get legal advice from them on your rights.

Raymasood

Aug 2, 2010
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
ISBD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, Arzoo..

first i am really sorry to hear that..in this world there are lots of people who just played with some one emotions and run away... its his family blood to cheat people..i am sorry but i really hate those people

now i tell you what to do and how to do... then that person will never come back to pakistan if he will arrived in pakistan and right away they will take him to the police and get in to the jail...please do it other way..maybe there will be any next girl for there hunt....

first go to the police station and make an FIR about his and his family in cheating innocent people in pakistan...then take that report to the court and of course you must need a lawyer then the court will order to the Airport immigration to put that all family names in black list after that when ever then come to pakistan they will arrest once they are in black list in pakistan so they can't be able to clear the immigration on Airport all in the pakistan "i know this system very well"

then once he or his family will arrest they cant leave pakistan until they clear the case and you know what to do next ...one more thing try to make lot's of charges to them like run away with your stuff
and cheating i mean how much you can put charges try to put on them...

if you have there address then court order send to them and also make a file and write a latter to the CHC Islamabad with your all story....then that person can't sponsor to any other girl from pakistan
also try to involve some media and NGO to help you

this will be the strongest case you have.....

thanks and "GOD will Help you "INSALLAH"

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
I agree that you should send a letter explaining your case to the Canadian High Commission in Pakistan, with any proof you have. This way he will not be able to sponsor any other woman until he has dealt honestly with his marriage to you.

arzoo

Mar 1, 2010
thank you all
well i will definitely file a FIR .. + i will write to canadian embassy as well so that he would not repeat the same with any other girl again .
by the way he took my signatures on some of the canadian immigration papers in feb and then again in july(sent him through fedex)... but the doubtfull part is i never got a call from embassy in past 10 months ( according to him he applied in FEB 2010) ...anyways ...

adzees

Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, AB
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
Nomination.....
October 2015
AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
If you haven't heard anything from Islamabad Embassy yet then he hasn't applied yet.
Did he ask you to provide him any documents of yours (for e.g. educational documents, police certificate, passport photocopy)?
Did you go through medicals?

Because these are all the requirements for even starting the process. So if not then he hasn't applied yet. You should contact CHC-Islamabad, and file a complaint ASAP. If you want you can also sent an email to RCMP, CSIS with a complaint about him. May be they can arrest the guy for fraud overseas.

ditta

Oct 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-10
Med's Done....
20-06-10
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
02-06-11
I`m sorry to hear your story...
First, if you never have gone through medical, nor he asked any of your documents (passport copies, education, marriage certificate, funds, ect.) he has never filed for your PR as these are basic requirements. Because you are not a PR, you are not entiteled to anything in Canada.
Second, I agree with the others- you should go to the Pakistani police and file a complaint, I don`t know about Pakistani law but he might be denied entry to Pakistan forever. Also you can send a letter to CIC- Islamabad or the Canadian High Commission or both. In Canada the RCMP is in charge, they might investigate him for fraud.
Other than that get a lawyer and file for divorce in Pakistan. I guess you don`t have many joint posessions with him, but you might be entiteled for the maximum you can get under the Pakistani law.
Your story is a sadly great example on Canadians, Americans, ect. going abroad, chasing girls and taking advantage of them while they never consider to enter marriage in all honesty. He might wanted to have a great time with you in Pakistan and marriage was an easy way to do so, while he returned to Canada he forgot about the whole thing. Based on `I married a girl in Pakistan but that doesn`t matter it happened on another continent`. I really feel for you and I don`t want to be sarcastic, he deserves to face consequences of his actions.