App. Filed.......
September 4th, 2016
Nomination.....
CRS of 496
AOR Received.
22-03-2017
IELTS Request
Overall score of 8
Hi guys, how did the above go for mailing outside of Canada part? Did you receive it? Were you able to travel back with the PR? Regards

Omidahomie

Aug 23, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
September 4th, 2016
Nomination.....
CRS of 496
AOR Received.
22-03-2017
IELTS Request
Overall score of 8
Why wouldn't you be able to re-enter with the PR card? It's not like mailing the card overseas is the only way. You could simply ask a family member or a friend to bring it with them.
No I read elsewhere an immigration officer telling newly landed family they couldn't exit Canada until receiving their PR.

grapehair

Jan 14, 2017
CIC does not recommend mailing or couriering your PR Card to a location outside Canada. The reasons are:
1. The card could be lost
2. The card could be stolen
3. Your identity could be stolen if a dishonest person gets hold of your PR Card while enroute
4. Factors beyond your control could significantly delay the delivery of the card (i.e. service strike, strife, etc.)

Further, CIC representatives have stated "there is an understanding between Canada Post and CIC that if a PR card is found to be internationally bound, then they have the right to intercept and return it to CIC." Also, there is a chance that the customs officials at the other end may seize the mail for whatever reason.

If you send the card outside of Canada, you do so at your own risk.

However, it is not illegal to send the PR card via a secure method or with someone else. It's not recommended but it's not illegal. However, IRCC stated that there exists the possibility that it be seized if found.

Alternatively, you can always get a PRTD if you don't want the card to be mailed to you.

uppperkut

Jan 28, 2017
Somewhere in ON
No I read elsewhere an immigration officer telling newly landed family they couldn't exit Canada until receiving their PR.
That is definitely not true. Refer to this article:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=064&top=10

Edit: I read in other threads/articles that the officer may refuse to send your PR card to the address you specify if they are really strict about your short landing - but that seems to happen very rarely. I'm guessing that the reason for that is to avoid the card being lost or received by the wrong party. I also read that you may call/email and update your address afterwards and they would accept that.

That being said, it seems that getting a PRTD isn't hard if things go south and they refuse to send your PR card.

Last edited:
Reactions: Omidahomie

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
I don't understand, Why people ask to move to Canada as a PR, then ask to sent PR Card outside Canada????

uppperkut

Jan 28, 2017
Somewhere in ON
I don't understand, Why people ask to move to Canada as a PR, then ask to sent PR Card outside Canada????
Some people need to prepare for their final move by getting a SIN number, speaking to employers, opening a bank account to transfer money to Canada, etc. Those people usually can't take 8+ weeks off their existing jobs while waiting for the card to be issued.

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Some people need to prepare for their final move by getting a SIN number, speaking to employers, opening a bank account to transfer money to Canada, etc. Those people usually can't take 8+ weeks off their existing jobs while waiting for the card to be issued.
I still don't UNDERSTAND, visa is issued by 6-12 months so you could be prepared. Process is about 2-3-4 years, and people is not yet prepare to move??? need more time???

uppperkut

Jan 28, 2017
Somewhere in ON
I still don't UNDERSTAND, visa is issued by 6-12 month so you could be prepared. Process is about 2-3-4 years, and people is not yet prepare to move???
A lot of applicants have dependants, and I'm sure it's really stressful finding a job, a house to stay in for the family, school for the kids, etc - especially when money can be tight for a lot of people.

Even those with less complicated situations have their reasons.

People's lives are complicated. If yours isn't, you should be thankful for that. :)

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
A lot of applicants have dependants, and I'm sure it's really stressful finding a job, a house to stay in for the family, school for the kids, etc - especially when money can be tight for a lot of people.

Even those with less complicated situations have their reasons.

People's lives are complicated. If yours isn't, you should be thankful for that. :)
I am very optimistic and thankful. I got a refusal application a couple years ago and others need more time,,, thanks finally I got my golden e-mail,,,

Reactions: uppperkut

Omidahomie

Aug 23, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
September 4th, 2016
Nomination.....
CRS of 496
AOR Received.
22-03-2017
IELTS Request
Overall score of 8
That is definitely not true. Refer to this article:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=064&top=10

Edit: I read in other threads/articles that the officer may refuse to send your PR card to the address you specify if they are really strict about your short landing - but that seems to happen very rarely. I'm guessing that the reason for that is to avoid the card being lost or received by the wrong party. I also read that you may call/email and update your address afterwards and they would accept that.

That being said, it seems that getting a PRTD isn't hard if things go south and they refuse to send your PR card.
Thanks!

Dec 8, 2017
I still don't UNDERSTAND, visa is issued by 6-12 months so you could be prepared. Process is about 2-3-4 years, and people is not yet prepare to move??? need more time???
Actually the process doesn't take years. Under express entry it can take up to 40 days as in my case so yes people do require more time

khan3434

Nov 4, 2017
Hi,
I got recently PR, and planning to move to Canada in June - 19, need your advice. Me and my family will come to Canada together and after making entering to Canada I probably send my family back to Home country, so that I will search for job and house. My employer does not want my services any more as visa process took more than one year he told me that he will help me to process PR card, and we are allow to move any province to find job, he told further that we just has to spend 3 to 4 days in Nova Scotia and then free to move any where. Can you please help me for below queries :
1: is it safe to send my family back to Home Country before getting PR card, can I collect on their behalf ?
2: Do I need PR card to get new Job, or I can start new job and inform new employer that after 45 days I will present my PR card, or is it illegal to do job without PR card?
3: Do I need PR card for leasing of apartment and also Is PR necessary for cheldren school admission
I will be thankful for you if someone guides me.