+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help Needed: Exploring Options for My Brother's Move to Canada

JordanPattinson

Star Member
Mar 27, 2021
Hey there,

I could use some advice regarding my brother's plans to move to Canada. He's 37 and has been in the HR field for over 10 years. His NOC is 11200, and has an MBA. About 2.5 years ago, he took the IELTS (which is expired now). Unfortunately, even with the IELTS, his points were low, at < 400 CRS. He's studying for the IELTS again, but even if he gets a high score, the max he'll get is around 450 CRS, which is lower than the recent draws that are asking for 480+.

So, here's my question: What are his options? We've got family over in Canada, but I read that since he's above 18, the sponsorship route might not be an option.

Any insights you can share would be seriously appreciated!

Thanks a bunch in advance!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hey there,

I could use some advice regarding my brother's plans to move to Canada. He's 37 and has been in the HR field for over 10 years. His NOC is 11200, and has an MBA. About 2.5 years ago, he took the IELTS (which is expired now). Unfortunately, even with the IELTS, his points were low, at < 400 CRS. He's studying for the IELTS again, but even if he gets a high score, the max he'll get is around 450 CRS, which is lower than the recent draws that are asking for 480+.

So, here's my question: What are his options? We've got family over in Canada, but I read that since he's above 18, the sponsorship route might not be an option.

Any insights you can share would be seriously appreciated!

Thanks a bunch in advance!
Express Entry or PNP for immigration are his options. EE is not an option. You cannot sponsor him. Where do you live?

If he wants to study that is an option but doesn’t guarantee PR. Plus he needs to expand on his MBA so another Masters or Phd to show better pay and career opportunities to justify costs.

JordanPattinson

Star Member
Mar 27, 2021
Express Entry or PNP for immigration are his options. EE is not an option. You cannot sponsor him. Where do you live?

If he wants to study that is an option but doesn’t guarantee PR. Plus he needs to expand on his MBA so another Masters or Phd to show better pay and career opportunities to justify costs.
Hi, thanks for replying. We live in Pakistan, my application to move to Canada in in progress.

We have siblings in Canada, which is why I asked for the sponsorship route.

Also isn't masters the second highest when it comes to educational qualification?

Can you also let me know if studying French would be an option to increase his chances?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi, thanks for replying. We live in Pakistan, my application to move to Canada in in progress.

We have siblings in Canada, which is why I asked for the sponsorship route.

Also isn't masters the second highest when it comes to educational qualification?

Can you also let me know if studying French would be an option to increase his chances?
Sponsorship is not an option. He can study French to increase points. He will want to get to a B1- intermediate advanced level, so will want to immerse himself in the language.