+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help....in the middle of an application and now I am pregnant, what to do???

Sukhi97

Jun 1, 2013
Hi all, hope you are all well

Me and my husband have applied to move to Canada, Ontario, Toronto, are application is with the visa office and we are awaiting for a reply.

The thing is since we filled out the application and sent it to the visa office I have become pregnant, now I am 6 months and we have not heard anything from the visa office.

What is the process if my circumstances have changed? It's just that we have been waiting for a long time and I do not want to start the application again, can I have the baby in the UK and and if we hear from the visa office after that can me and my husband move to Canada and sponsor our baby? Or if we have residency does the baby automatically get it?

What is our best option? We have already been waiting for ages to hear about our Application and if we add the expected baby on that will it take longer, is there any other way?

Thanks for reading, look forward to your responses

Sukhi x

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Your baby will not get residency automatically. There are effectively three ways this can go:

1) You and your husband get your PR visas soon and come to Canada before the baby is born. Then have the baby in Canada. The baby will be a Canadian citizen automatically.

2) You and your husband get your PR visas soon and come to Canada before the baby is born. You then return to the UK and have the baby there. You can then return to Canada with the baby (the baby will be a tourist in Canada) and sponsor the baby for PR from within Canada.

3) You have the baby in the UK before you get your PR visas. You then notify CIC and submit all of the paperwork require to add you baby to your application. CIC will then take some additional time to process this paperwork and issue the PR visa for all three of you.

Sukhi97

Jun 1, 2013
Thanks, I was thinking that but will this delay my application? I would like to move to Canada as soon as possible and we have been waiting for a good few years already.

Is there any way that I can have the baby in the Uk and then if me and my husband hear a reply we can then sponsor the baby to come with us?

If I inform the visa office I'm guessing I either have to start my application again or it will take a lot longer to hear an answer?

Sukhi97

Jun 1, 2013
Thanks Scylla, this is really helpful,

The thing is our baby is due is September so we are very close to my due date, if we get our reply before then and me and my husband come to Canada if I have the baby their it will cost us quiet a far amount as we would not have been in Toronto for more than 3 months,

The Visa office have received all our paper work and we are just awaiting on a medical, If I was to I form them of the baby now do you know how long the process will take?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Sorry - I don't know how long it would delay your file if you add the baby after its birth. I assume by a couple of months or so. However if you have the baby before you land in Canada and become PRs, you MUST add your baby to the application. If you fail to do so and just you and your husband land in Canada (without adding the baby), you will never be able to sponsor your child.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I've heard others say that adding a baby to the app adds on a few more months processing time. But you can't add the baby now, only after it has actually been born.

You say you still have to be called to do your medical? I ask because a part of the medical is a chest X-ray, which you won't be able to do because of the pregnancy. The doctor could do all the tests except the X-ray but the medical wouldn't be complete until you had the X-ray after the birth. This means your PR application can't actually be finalized until after the birth. If I've misunderstood and you have had the medical already, ignore me :)

Sukhi97

Jun 1, 2013
Thanks everyone

Canuck-in-uk yes you are right we still have to take our medical, have not heard from the visa office yet.

In April we were told it can take around 3 months for that to come through, so we are expecting this to happened before July.

So based on what you have said my understanding is that even if the medical comes before then I can not complete it until Sept after he baby has arrived? I then add the baby to the application once born, complete my medical and wait for 3-4 months for the application to process. It's all getting a bit confusing now :-[

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Sukhi97 said:
Thanks everyone

Canuck-in-uk yes you are right we still have to take our medical, have not heard from the visa office yet.

In April we were told it can take around 3 months for that to come through, so we are expecting this to happened before July.

So based on what you have said my understanding is that even if the medical comes before then I can not complete it until Sept after he baby has arrived? I then add the baby to the application once born, complete my medical and wait for 3-4 months for the application to process. It's all getting a bit confusing now :-[
I didn't realize that you hadn't completed your medical. That changes everything.

So yes - what you've summarized above is correct. You'll have to wait until the baby is born to complete your medical and then you'll have to add your new baby to the application. All of you will be issued visas together.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Sukhi97 said:
Thanks everyone

That's right. I know how much the waiting sucks, can't imagine the added stress of being pregnant throughout the process. Just look forward to the time when all 3 of you get your visas and come to Canada :)

Sukhi97

Jun 1, 2013
It all makes sense now, thanks to both of you,

Yeah a little stressed but I'm not letting it get to me, just wanted to make sure that I knew where I stood. Know I know I can enjoy the pregnancy and add the baby to the application once here.

Thanks to both of you, you have so helpful :D

natsy

May 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 4, 2013
AOR Received.
Feb. 18, 2013; OWP: May 2, 2013; AIP: May 20, 2014
Med's Request
LC2: May 20, 2014
Med's Done....
LC2: June 5, 2014; LC2 Docs Rcvd: June 23, 2014; PR approval email: July 21, 2014
Interview........
Aug. 20, 2014
Passport Req..
LC2 PPR: July 21, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LC2 Visa Issued: Oct. 29, 2014
LANDED..........
Aug. 20, 2014
hi there, the same thing happened with my sister...their application for pr under fsw was on process and they decided to have a second child...a few years passed, they received a letter from the embassy asking for update in their family situation (they were asked to fill up some forms regarding their family, work, addresses, etc.)...the embassy then replied to their update that as soon as the child is born, the child's authenticated birth certificate be forwarded to the embassy...and that's what they did...and so after a month, they received a medical instruction kit and after passing the medical, their visa...hope this helps...c",)

Sukhi97

Jun 1, 2013
Oh wow, that's great, thanks for letting me now, I thought it was going to take a lot longer than that, so it's great to know that your sisters visa's came through sooner, thanks for sharing, puts me at ease ;)

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
In some ways the situation you are forced to be in at the moment is probably better than others. If you were PR and chose to have your baby outside Canada for whatever reason, you would have to apply for a TRV for your baby. I have seen cases where the TRV was refused "as the baby had no strong ties to its home country". This meant that the baby had to stay with a family member outside Canada until its PR was approved. One family did not want to be torn apart for an indeterminate period of time and gave up their PR entirely. Really sad situation.