+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[HELP] have not gotten my passport back for two weeks!

ivan92

Jun 4, 2015
I applied for TRV online by VAC in NYC and received the passport request on MAY 14th.
I mailed my passport and prepaid priority mail envelope to the VAC and the system showed that it was approved on MAY 22nd.

However, I did not get my passport by now.
I contacted the VAC center and they told me that my passport was mailed out on MAY 22nd. While they cannot offer me tracking number for my return since my prepaid envelope was 5.75$ airway bill without tracking number.
Since it's my first time to mail the passport, I forget to request the tracking number when I bought the prepaid envelope in post office. The clerk there just asked what I need and gave me two envelopes and helped me put them into it and mailed it out for me.

I am so upset now because I have to use my passport next week.
I am wondering is there anyone has the situation with me? How long do you finally get your passport?

ivan92

Jun 4, 2015
Additionally, they replied to me by email as follows:
It was mailed back to you using the prepaid airway bill you provided from USPS ( which did not have a tracking number, just stamps) on May 22nd.

cryptic0

Star Member
Apr 28, 2015
I hate to be that guy. But you apparently don't care about the safety of your passport. Given USPS's reputation (err notoriety), even express post is a dangerous game. And you sent them a cheap priority mail envelop without tracking. You shot yourself in the foot my friend. Now wait up until the Gods of USPS wake up from their afternoon nap and deliver your passport.

To calibrate: My visa was approved on May 25 by NYC, passport received at VAC on 28, stamped on 29, mailed back on 30, received yesterday.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
At this point this is a USPS issue. You need to be speaking with them. There's nothing any of us can do to help.

ivan92

Jun 4, 2015
@cryptic0 I know it's my fault.
Since then, I just want to figure out how to get my passport back.
I am seeking for some advice and want to learn if anyone has the same situation ever or if they get their passport back finally :(

cryptic0 said:
I hate to be that guy. But you apparently don't care about the safety of your passport. Given USPS's reputation (err notoriety), even express post is a dangerous game. And you sent them a cheap priority mail envelop without tracking. You shot yourself in the foot my friend. Now wait up until the Gods of USPS wake up from their afternoon nap and deliver your passport.

To calibrate: My visa was approved on May 25 by NYC, passport received at VAC on 28, stamped on 29, mailed back on 30, received yesterday.

ivan92

Jun 4, 2015
scylla said:
At this point this is a USPS issue. You need to be speaking with them. There's nothing any of us can do to help.
@scylla Yes, that's right. But without tracking number, they cannot offer any help to me. I doubt if the officer in vac do mail my passport out because i saw some comments online that they will not mail the passport out if they received the priority mail envelope without tracking number.

Timmyfanli

Jun 6, 2018
@scylla Yes, that's right. But without tracking number, they cannot offer any help to me. I doubt if the officer in vac do mail my passport out because i saw some comments online that they will not mail the passport out if they received the priority mail envelope without tracking number.
Hi , how did you get your passport back eventually ? I have the same situation here. Some advice would be appreciated .