CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-06-2017
Doc's Request.
12-03-2018
LANDED..........
24-03-2018
A friend of mine - who really roots for my family and me and wishes to do all she can to help us get our PR - recently contacted the office of the MP for the area where we reside at present and spoke on our behalf to one of MP's assistants hoping to find out if the MP could do anything to help us. The assistant said we could get an appointment and see her if we wish.

I am very grateful to my friend for all her efforts and good will and would like to honor her efforts and meet the MP's assistant but I am not exactly sure how and if a MP could help us with our EE application process.

I would appreciate it if anyone on this forum would share with me if this is worth a try.

Thank you.

wicaact

Apr 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
17-05-2016
igoryen said:
A friend of mine - who really roots for my family and me and wishes to do all she can to help us get our PR - recently contacted the office of the MP for the area where we reside at present and spoke on our behalf to one of MP's assistants hoping to find out if the MP could do anything to help us. The assistant said we could get an appointment and see her if we wish.

I am very grateful to my friend for all her efforts and good will and would like to honor her efforts and meet the MP's assistant but I am not exactly sure how and if a MP could help us with our EE application process.

I would appreciate it if anyone on this forum would share with me if this is worth a try.

Thank you.
MP will help when an application is exceed the normal processing time and no reply from CIC. MP can contact CIC and get the details of your application status.
If you are still waiting for the ITA, MP can't help on anything.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
igoryen said:
Really, the MP's office can't help you. They can't increase your CRS score or ask CIC to issue you an ITA with a lower score.

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
IF CIC was in India MP would have helped you. Not all ( in fact none other) countries are like india where you walk down with an MP's letter and your work is done. Try efforts to increase CRS score or get Provincial nomination or LMIA job. To me its all wasting of time meeting the asst of MP.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
igoryen said:

Thank you.
They can't help you. You have to qualify on your own. As others have explained, Canada isn't the kind of country where you can use family connections or bribes to get politicians to help you. Politicians cannot influence the process. You'll be wasting the MP assistant's time by meeting.