+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help! Do Provincial Nominees need proof of fund when applying for CIC?

marioepsilon

Star Member
Dec 4, 2012
London, ON, Canada
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-08-2013
Doc's Request.
20-09-2013
Nomination.....
21-02-2014
AOR Received.
26-05-2014
Med's Request
26-05-2014
Med's Done....
29-05-2014
After you become a Provincial Nominee, you need to apply for CIC.
Their application has a form called:
"Schedule 4: Economic Classes - Provincial Nominee (IMM0008 - Schedule 4)".

In this form you need to indicate the amount of funds that you have. Do you send a proof of fund along with your application to CIC? If not, is it possible that they ask for proof of funds later?

Regards

MR. SIDHU

Jan 30, 2014
LAND OF FIVE RIVERS
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/02/2012
AOR Received.
23/06/2013
File Transfer...
18/01/2014 to NDVO & 03/03/2014 to COLOMBO
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
marioepsilon said:

In this form you need to indicate the amount of funds that you have. Do you send a proof of fund along with your application to CIC? If not, is it possible that they ask for proof of funds later?

Regards

Can you please simplify your question?

Man415

Jul 25, 2011
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2014
AOR Received.
10-02-2014
Med's Request
10-02-14
Med's Done....
04-03-2014
Passport Req..
20-11-2014
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
marioepsilon said:

Regards
No need to send proof of funds.In my opinion having a work would justify that you can support yourself or your dependants while here in Canada. Unlike new landed immigrants that they will arrive here mostly without job first so CIC needed a proof that they can support their stay while doing so.I have a friend who got his PR that states he have only $2,000 in as his fund.But he and his wife are both working so I guess that is sufficient enough.

marioepsilon

Star Member
Dec 4, 2012
London, ON, Canada
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-08-2013
Doc's Request.
20-09-2013
Nomination.....
21-02-2014
AOR Received.
26-05-2014
Med's Request
26-05-2014
Med's Done....
29-05-2014
Man415 said:
No need to send proof of funds.In my opinion having a work would justify that you can support yourself or your dependants while here in Canada. Unlike new landed immigrants that they will arrive here mostly without job first so CIC needed a proof that they can support their stay while doing so.I have a friend who got his PR that states he have only $2,000 in as his fund.But he and his wife are both working so I guess that is sufficient enough.
Thanks for the reply. I am in international Student - Master's Graduate category; so, I got nominated without being employed, or having a job offer.

marioepsilon

Star Member
Dec 4, 2012
London, ON, Canada
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-08-2013
Doc's Request.
20-09-2013
Nomination.....
21-02-2014
AOR Received.
26-05-2014
Med's Request
26-05-2014
Med's Done....
29-05-2014
MR. SIDHU said:
Can you please simplify your question?
The question is: do I need to submit a proof of fund when applying for my PR?

Notes:
1. I am international Student, masters graduate, WITHOUT job offer
2. I have already received my provincial nomination
3. I submitted proof of fund to the government of Ontario, when I was applying for PNP

Man415

Jul 25, 2011
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2014
AOR Received.
10-02-2014
Med's Request
10-02-14
Med's Done....
04-03-2014
Passport Req..
20-11-2014
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
marioepsilon said:
Thanks for the reply. I am in international Student - Master's Graduate category; so, I got nominated without being employed, or having a job offer.
Ohh.. I guess you need to have a proof of funds then.Just not sure on this.Maybe some other guys on the forum can help out.

fenomenalb

Star Member
Jan 16, 2014
No, You do not need to send any more proof of funding. You will need to indicate on one of the forms, how much you have/expect to have within a calendar year but not further proof (i.e. bank statement is needed). I hope this helps.
marioepsilon said:

Regards

Reactions: nicole08

marioepsilon

Star Member
Dec 4, 2012
London, ON, Canada
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-08-2013
Doc's Request.
20-09-2013
Nomination.....
21-02-2014
AOR Received.
26-05-2014
Med's Request
26-05-2014
Med's Done....
29-05-2014
fenomenalb said:
No, You do not need to send any more proof of funding. You will need to indicate on one of the forms, how much you have/expect to have within a calendar year but not further proof (i.e. bank statement is needed). I hope this helps.
Ok, thanks, I will send my documents without proof of funds.

juliabear

Oct 7, 2013
I am in the same situation (Ontario provincial nominee), I do not know what figure I need to put in the box for "funds" too, as I am working in a full time permanent job. What figure would I need to write in the box?
If I need to provide bank statements I am concerned as the figure will fluctuate (i.e. being paid then me paying rent, bills etc.). So I would not need to supply them with an employment letter stating my position and salary?

Indian applicant

Jun 29, 2014
You would CERTAINLY need to show proof of funds by way of letter from parent/relative (if you are a student without job) or 6 months bank statement (in any currency for international applicants) for the employed. CIC know that the figure in your statement would reduce/ increase over time especially given the typical time taken is nearly a year to complete the process. While funds needs not be liquid cash, they also cannot be in a the form of property asset.

The minimum funds figure really various depending upon the number of members in your application.

Moreover when you land for the first time with the visa and COPR, you will need to SHOW the proof of funds in CAD$ at the POE (point of entry).

This is to assure the immigration authorities that you have enough funds to maintain yourselves until you find a job and settle down.
Hope this helps.

Reactions: nicole08

marioepsilon

Star Member
Dec 4, 2012
London, ON, Canada
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-08-2013
Doc's Request.
20-09-2013
Nomination.....
21-02-2014
AOR Received.
26-05-2014
Med's Request
26-05-2014
Med's Done....
29-05-2014
Indian applicant said:
You would CERTAINLY need to show proof of funds by way of letter from parent/relative (if you are a student without job) or 6 months bank statement (in any currency for international applicants) for the employed. CIC know that the figure in your statement would reduce/ increase over time especially given the typical time taken is nearly a year to complete the process. While funds needs not be liquid cash, they also cannot be in a the form of property asset.

The minimum funds figure really various depending upon the number of members in your application.

Moreover when you land for the first time with the visa and COPR, you will need to SHOW the proof of funds in CAD$ at the POE (point of entry).

This is to assure the immigration authorities that you have enough funds to maintain yourselves until you find a job and settle down.
Hope this helps.
I am not so sure. When I applied, I was already in Canada. I am living here for almost five years. It actually depends on applicants situation. In my case, it is PNP through International Master's graduate (without job offer). When I applied for PNP I provided my proof of funds back then. So, is it true that CIC needs proof of funds again?

jimcheng22

Jul 7, 2014
marioepsilon said:
I am not so sure. When I applied, I was already in Canada. I am living here for almost five years. It actually depends on applicants situation. In my case, it is PNP through International Master's graduate (without job offer). When I applied for PNP I provided my proof of funds back then. So, is it true that CIC needs proof of funds again?
Hi, just a sort of related question- I was an international student (for 9 years) and was nominated by the Manitoba PNP, and sent out application in the end of May (Canada Post verified that it was received at the CIO PO box in Sydney on the 27th of May). I have not heard a word about it yet! It's been over a month. Should I be worried? And I've moved on to a better job, which I had informed MPNP by email already.

I guess my question is, how long does it generally take for CIO to send me the AOR letter? Thanks a lot!

juliabear

Oct 7, 2013
marioepsilon said:
Indian applicant said:

Hope this helps.
It seems there are a lot of variables, I have applied as a foreign worker and I am already living and working in Canada. When I landed they didn't ask me for proof of funds. I don't have any dependents so I am just looking for a "ball park" figure which they will be satisfied with. So just wondering if anyone was or is in the same situation as me when making their application.

Saghar

Jan 25, 2018
Hy guys . Can I pls tell me
How can I contact for provincial nominee program .
How can I start for the program
Have no idea.
Please send some suggestions
Regards

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
Hy guys . Can I pls tell me
How can I contact for provincial nominee program .
How can I start for the program
Have no idea.
Please send some suggestions
Regards
Depends on where you want to settle. All provinces have separate programs. As soon as you know where you want to go and live, google 'provincial nominee programs for (insert province name)