+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hello House, I need your advise. I want to know if I can use a deed of gift as a proof of fund for my study visa as an international student. ⁹

awakanmartin

Feb 28, 2024
Hello,
Please I will like to know if I can use a deed of gift as a proof of funds for in my application for a study visa. My cousin is gifting me.some funds. I dont know if that is acceptable.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Whats GIC ? The school is Red River College.
So you still need letter of attestation from the province too. Have to wait to see if province will approve your studies since they are now capped on the number of students allowed. GIC is in the link. Are you single? Have you received admission?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have received admission and Letter of acceptance. I am married.
So you need letter of attestation from the province prior to applying for a study permit. Don’t think province has released the process. Your spouse will not be eligible for a work permit.

awakanmartin

Feb 28, 2024
I am applying for a student visa, I am still waiting for the attestation letter from the province my school is. The school said they are working on how to secure if for students. Meanwhile, can I apply with my spouse?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am applying for a student visa, I am still waiting for the attestation letter from the province my school is. The school said they are working on how to secure if for students. Meanwhile, can I apply with my spouse?
If you are not doing a Masters/PhD, your spouse is not eligible. You cannot apply for study permit until you have attestation letter.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
How long does it take to get the attestation?
Don’t know as provinces have until March 31 to post processing requirements, fees and times for letters. This is new so study permits are on hold. Not every student will be approved because provinces are capped on the number of students. Maybe provinces will only accept students in specific fields.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Is it true that those that applied before september 2024 do not the the provincial attestation?
No. If you applied before January 22, 2024, you don’t need letter. On the IRCC site:

You need a provincial attestation letter to apply for a study permit
As of 8:30 am ET on January 22, 2024, most students must include a provincial attestation letter (PAL) from the province or territory where they plan to study with their study permit application.

awakanmartin

Feb 28, 2024
So it means if I am submitting my application this month or next, I need the provincial attestation right? I just want to be clear on that. Thanks.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
So it means if I am submitting my application this month or next, I need the provincial attestation right? I just want to be clear on that. Thanks.
You cannot submit without the letter. So until province releases the process, requirements and costs, you cannot do anything.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
[/QUOTE

Red river college does not offer masters or PhD programs so you would not qualify for family to accompany you to Canada until you have PGWP and are employed.