+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Helican - Study Permit Questions and Answers

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
@Helican thank you, much weight off my shoulders. Please can I write directly to you by email outside these forum because I really need you as a second counsel at your leisure

I really need need assistance in answering the much questions I have. I would appreciate it bro

Helican

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2017
India
Visa Office......
bangalore
VISA ISSUED...
08-17-2017
LANDED..........
Sept 2, 2017
@Helican thank you, much weight off my shoulders. Please can I write directly to you by email outside these forum because I really need you as a second counsel at your leisure

I really need need assistance in answering the much questions I have. I would appreciate it bro
helicanada@hotmail.com. I am just a student but with my limited knowledge, I shall try my best.

Reactions: dreamy2536
Jan 5, 2018
India
It should be perfectly fine. Hope you didnt have any backlogs.
Well I had to take a year off in between my course...n that wat gave me almost 12 backlogs but by the end of the course I had none and passed out with good percentage in my last semester.....will backlogs be a problem ? Like I have heard people getting almost 15 backlogs and got admission as well as visa.

MisterK

Jan 8, 2018
Firstly hats off to you for counseling other members, i have got a professional and family opinion over my profile however i'm still trying to get a fresh perspective to my chances so here goes;

Grade 11 / O Level: 2A-1B-2C-3D in Science stream (2013) [That's roughly a CGPA of 2.9/4.0]
IELTS: L: 7.5 R: 7.0 W: 7.0 S: 6.5 Overall: 7.0 - Well aware that i'm going to have to redo IELTS since it's expired over 4 years ago.
Grade 12 / AS Level: 1C (2014)
GAP Years taken between 2014 till 2016 - Have a reference letter from work.
Foundation Year: My ECTS grades converted totals upto CGPA of yet again 2.9/4.0 although i'm not looking forward to transferring my credits, i could start all over since the quality of teaching nor the modules we are taught are as up to date with the education found in that part of the world.

Financial Background: Father works a good job, access to funds available is CAD $145K from his accounts both in the current country i'm residing plus back home. CA evaluated our property @ $300K in addition to have other investments which i still have yet to account for. Mother has a business to her name, with a yearly turnover of over $250K+ with immediate access to funds without any liquidation more than $60K.

After '14 up till '16 i have worked at my mother's business, gained knowledge in dealing w/ various aspects including clients and did tasks varying from accounting to acting as the company's public representing officer, etc while i then started foundation level at a university here [in '2016] (also British university but they have a large campus here in Dubai). Finished up my foundation and currently pursuing first year of my Bachelor's here.

What would you say would be my biggest hurdle and what kind of questions would come to VO's mind? I'm actually very interested in pursuing my degree or an advanced diploma of my major, i'd gladly return because we have a good future in this country and would most likely build a home here. Would you say accepting an offer letter of an Advanced Diploma over a Bachelor's affect my chances? I know i'd have to write up a pretty convincing SOP but that's on me.

What are you thoughts? Appreciate each individual who takes the time to read and get back to me on my profile.

Edit: Added some key details to educational background

Last edited:

Helican

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2017
India
Visa Office......
bangalore
VISA ISSUED...
08-17-2017
LANDED..........
Sept 2, 2017
Firstly hats off to you for counseling other members, i have got a professional and family opinion over my profile however i'm still trying to get a fresh perspective to my chances so here goes;

Grade 11 / O Level: 2A-1B-2C-3D in Science stream (2013) [That's roughly a CGPA of 2.9/4.0]
IELTS: L: 7.5 R: 7.0 W: 7.0 S: 6.5 Overall: 7.0 - Well aware that i'm going to have to redo IELTS since it's expired over 4 years ago.
Grade 12 / AS Level: 1C (2014)
GAP Years taken between 2014 till 2016 - Have a reference letter from work.
Foundation Year: My ECTS grades converted totals upto CGPA of yet again 2.9/4.0 although i'm not looking forward to transferring my credits, i could start all over since the quality of teaching nor the modules we are taught are as up to date with the education found in that part of the world.

Financial Background: Father works a good job, access to funds available is CAD $145K from his accounts both in the current country i'm residing plus back home. CA evaluated our property @ $300K in addition to have other investments which i still have yet to account for. Mother has a business to her name, with a yearly turnover of over $250K+ with immediate access to funds without any liquidation more than $60K.

After '14 up till '16 i have worked at my mother's business, gained knowledge in dealing w/ various aspects including clients and did tasks varying from accounting to acting as the company's public representing officer, etc while i then started foundation level at a university here [in '2016] (also British university but they have a large campus here in Dubai). Finished up my foundation and currently pursuing first year of my Bachelor's here.

What would you say would be my biggest hurdle and what kind of questions would come to VO's mind? I'm actually very interested in pursuing my degree or an advanced diploma of my major, i'd gladly return because we have a good future in this country and would most likely build a home here. Would you say accepting an offer letter of an Advanced Diploma over a Bachelor's affect my chances? I know i'd have to write up a pretty convincing SOP but that's on me.

What are you thoughts? Appreciate each individual who takes the time to read and get back to me on my profile.

Edit: Added some key details to educational background
You should study a bachelor's degree after 12th grade. I see 2 things The gap could be concern. Also, with all the good money you have, why didnt you go for a local program in one of the best universities in your country??

For the gap -
There is a gap of 2 yrs but you can always say that you had too many options for studies but were not sure which one would you choose. You didnt just want to choose anything just for the sake of earning any degree. Tell them how the family business is dear to you and how emotional you are about it (shows family ties). You decided to spend some time in the business to understand what area needs more improvement and focus. having worked there for 2 yrs now, you have discovered that the finance and budgeting area (just an example) is something that needs more improvement. If you can improve/enhance/correct it, the business has the potential to triple in the coming yrs. With this discovery, you were now able to choose an program to study in canada, blah blah...

Helican

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2017
India
Visa Office......
bangalore
VISA ISSUED...
08-17-2017
LANDED..........
Sept 2, 2017
Well I had to take a year off in between my course...n that wat gave me almost 12 backlogs but by the end of the course I had none and passed out with good percentage in my last semester.....will backlogs be a problem ? Like I have heard people getting almost 15 backlogs and got admission as well as visa.
backlog is never a problem but you need to tell the officer what caused the problem. If you dont tell, then you are giving them the freedom to assume whatever they like - may be your attendance was poor, you are not a serious student, didnt sit for the exam at all, was involved in other things other than studies.. dont give them a reason to assume.

faraz123

Star Member
Jul 13, 2017
Hi Dear,
I have few questions to ask , a friend of mine applied SP through consultant but got refund . He has done MBA but consultant only show B.com in documents to get SP because he applied in a college diploma . Now he want to change category like express enty, skill immigration , should he mention his All education because it may be cause refusel as misrepresentation of documents. What is your expert advice for him?

MisterK

Jan 8, 2018
You should study a bachelor's degree after 12th grade. I see 2 things The gap could be concern. Also, with all the good money you have, why didnt you go for a local program in one of the best universities in your country??

For the gap -
There is a gap of 2 yrs but you can always say that you had too many options for studies but were not sure which one would you choose. You didnt just want to choose anything just for the sake of earning any degree. Tell them how the family business is dear to you and how emotional you are about it (shows family ties). You decided to spend some time in the business to understand what area needs more improvement and focus. having worked there for 2 yrs now, you have discovered that the finance and budgeting area (just an example) is something that needs more improvement. If you can improve/enhance/correct it, the business has the potential to triple in the coming yrs. With this discovery, you were now able to choose an program to study in canada, blah blah...
Thankyou for taking the time to get back to me, i had the very same questions in my mind. I will have to draft a very convincing SOP in order to proceed then.

I'd like two more things if you could gladly clarify for the peace of mind.

1. Suppose i have an offer from a really good university for an advanced diploma and an offer letter for a bachelor's in an average university, to what extent would that weigh in the VO's decision?
  2. What formatting structure would you say SOP should be written in? Alot of comments and websites state a page would do, but i feel i'd need at least two to three to explain my background and my decisions. Do you think that'd be a great idea or pass?

lady sam

Oct 31, 2017
Please what is the process to let a friend order your caips note for you in canada.thanks I have been rejected due to inadequate funds and statement of purpose.i need help please.thanks

Jan 11, 2018
Hi i am an international student landed in canada for jan2018 intakefleming college.now i want to change my college as iam not doing well with my health and also der are no part time jobs at fleming. But admissions are closed for jan intake .so i have applied for sep2018 intake. Will it affect my work and study permit and do i need to face any otherdifficulties? Please inform me.

Chase2017

Star Member
Nov 20, 2017
Hey helican
I m worried about my online status I applied 30nov i got file number and uci number on same date but after that I haven't got any update on file not medical or eligibility review nothing.. all other guys whom still waiting for visa at least got something like medical updated or eligibility review start but I haven't got anything ☹ Is it normal? What do you think about this?

Naa888

Star Member
Nov 17, 2017
@Helican i got admission to St Mary’s university and my tuition fee is about $16000 but am planning to pay $5000 for my visa processing.and I plan on registering for 3 courses out of 10 courses.does that make me a part time student and are part time student allowed to work