+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Heathcare Question

SoCal-Diego

Jan 5, 2017
Hello,
I am from the US and with impending abolishment of Obamacare, I am concerned about my ability to afford healthcare here. I have some questions about seeking periodic medical care and prescription drugs in Canada.

First, I am a Type 1 diabetic who is insulin dependent (Lantus & Humalog). I am willing to fly to Canada periodically and pay out of pocket for insulin. My understanding is that it is less expensive in Canada than in the US (by a considerable amount).

What I was wondering was what is the process to of getting the medication from a Canadian pharmacy? Do I just bring in a prescription from my US doctor, or do I need to arrange for an appointment with a Canadian doctor first?

How much insulin can I purchase in Canada and bring back to the US? Also, does anyone know what the prices are?

Are there any Americans reading this who go to Canada to purchase their insulin? If so, I would appreciate any tips on what one has to do. I am concerned that things may go back to pre-Obamacare times where my insurance at that time didn't cover prescriptions.

Thank you in advance.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I'll help with one question. The most you can bring back to the US is a 90 day supply.