+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hearing with Citizenship Judge

egyo

Apr 24, 2012
Hello everyone,
I received a notice to appear for a hearing with a citizenship judge early January. I passed the test over a year ago. I had a RQ and submitted all docs a year ago as well. Anyone went to a hearing lately? Should I get the help from a lawyer?

I will appreciate any advice, story, experience that can help me.

Thank you in advance.

Dec 16, 2015
Hello egyo,

Can you please share where you are? Are you in Montreal? It appears that I also may be called for a CJ Hearing but don't know when?

Thanks!

egyo

Apr 24, 2012
Hello,
I am in Kitchener office...hopefully it is going to put an end to the ver long dark tunnel...I applied in 2011

Montrealer2012 said:
Hello egyo,

Can you please share where you are? Are you in Montreal? It appears that I also may be called for a CJ Hearing but don't know when?

Thanks!

Dec 16, 2015
I hope your CJ hearing goes well! :)
We (my husband and I) applied in Sept. 2012. He got an RQ before the test and I got mine after the test which we passed in Feb 2014. Since then we have been waiting. Now they say there might be a judge hearing but have no idea when. It is a very frustrating situation.
:'(

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
egyo said:
Hello everyone,
I received a notice to appear for a hearing with a citizenship judge early January. I passed the test over a year ago. I had a RQ and submitted all docs a year ago as well. Anyone went to a hearing lately? Should I get the help from a lawyer?

I will appreciate any advice, story, experience that can help me.

Thank you in advance.
Yes, I had undergone that bitter experience. Here are the things you need to consider.

1) Make doubly sure, you had sufficient number of minimum required days when you submitted your application.

2) Normally, 80% of the cases related to shortage of days than minimum required.

3) Take Tenancy Contracts, Utility bills, Taxes filed, Employment letter - that covers you 3 years history prior to application date.

3) Ideally you can request the "Travel History" from Canada Border Security Agency but that take 6 weeks. So, you can prepare a chart
under the following heading,

Passport Page # | Date of Departure | Date of Arrival to Canada| Total Days Outside Canada|

That way when yo go to Judge you have solid proof of your physical presence in the country.

If you are sure, you have the number of required days and can afford "Immigration Attorney" is strongly advisable. If your case on border line, the attorney's presence and positive influence your case. Normally "Immigration Attorney Charges about $1000" to come with you.

You know better and analyze / suspect what could be the reason, why you got the Citizenship Judge hearing. Accordingly you can brief your Immigration Attorney before going.

If you still need some tips, please send me your name, contact number and best time to reach you to my private email.

Wish you all the best.

egyo

Apr 24, 2012
Thanks for your fruitful feedback! We do have tenancy Contracts, Utility bills, Taxes filed, Employment letters - that covers you 3 years history prior to application date. Also, I have the "Travel History" from Canada Border Security Agency as well as the OHIP history of all family members.

I already talked to the lawyer with whom I filed the mandamus, and he will charge me $3500 plus HST to review any relevant documents and prepare us for the hearing

highty

Nov 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-214
Doc's Request.
27-10-2015
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
AOR Received.
24-02-2016
egyo said:
I am not sure what you ae talking about and why you are using this unacceptable language while addressing someone you don't know. I have been waiting for long and through the experiences of others, I knew that having a lawyer will ease the meeting and make you feel more confident. If you can pay for this extra service, why don't you make use of it? It depends on everyone's financial position...so don't blame me for what I am paying out
of my own pocket. Cheers

@Egyo I'm utterly happy by the way you responded to the last person that left a useless comment. It shows that you are matured and sensible. I don't know why a bigot will take pride in leaving unwanted suggestions on here.
Stay blessed and good luck !

ari5323

Mar 31, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
12-07-2010
LANDED..........
Dec-08-2011
EscapeCitizen said:
You are scared as hell that you are paying that prostitute 3500$$$?????? What is wrong with you??? Normally people who moved with fake experience letters from their Home Country as a PR under old point system, pay this kind of money to someone just not to feel scared. How much fraud you have done that you are paying 3500 to lawyer, have arranged all entry exit details from CBSA and still so scared that running around this forum????? What exactly you have done???? Were you really legal in USA or just using the dates of stamped visa but had lost all statuses in America???? You fear makes you more vulnerable and suspicious.
I am Sorry, but you are totally wrong!

I have nothing fake or whatever, and I took a lawyer for PR paid him, and took a lawyer for Citizenship and paid him.

In my opinion whatever you need take the best professional , Its my life philosyphy.

Same when I needed a surgery I flew out of canada and paid for a private hospitol and doctor.

I dont regret spending my money on things that makes my life easier.

My advice to you.
watch your language please.
Ari

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
egyo said:
I am not sure what you are talking about, and why you are using this unacceptable language while addressing someone you don't know. I have been waiting for long and through the experiences of others, I knew that having a lawyer will ease the meeting and make you feel more confident. If you can pay for this extra service, why don't you make use of it? It depends on everyone's financial position...so don't blame me for what I am paying out of my own pocket. Cheers
I'm shocked at other reader's wild such accusation. It is absolutely unnecessary and ridiculous. No one has right to be that nasty.

Everyone has different levels of affordability, decency and etiquette to communicate with others.

I support you entirely, please do the due diligence and I sincerely wish your file get approved soon. Cheers !!!

Mikey777

Nov 20, 2015
Egyo please take it easy, maybe there is some concern in the file and needs clarification , try to remember during your interview last year, did the officer show any concern or asked specific questions.
Sometimes some officers doesn't want to take the decision and they leave the file for review by senior officers or referred it to judge for final decision.
If your application is correct and you have the documents supporting your application , I am 100%sure that you will be granted citizenship.
Just cheer up and enjoy your holidays :) :)

Exports

Star Member
Aug 10, 2015
@egyo you applied in 11 and when was your test? How long you waited for CJ hearing letter.

@montrealer. So you have been waiting for CJ hearing since passing the test in February 14?

I am already done more than 4 months and waiting for CJ hearing but no fixed timeframe. I am told to wait another 2 Months to finish 6 months and then follow up again. I will wait 2 months more and then decide to withdraw and reapply.

egyo

Apr 24, 2012
During the interview the office didn't ask any challenging questions and didn't show any concern....she just said "wait for a letter from CIC to submit more docs" and I told her that I have every single doc you might need with me now...she insisted "wait for the letter.

Mikey777 said:
Egyo please take it easy, maybe there is some concern in the file and needs clarification , try to remember during your interview last year, did the officer show any concern or asked specific questions.
Sometimes some officers doesn't want to take the decision and they leave the file for review by senior officers or referred it to judge for final decision.
If your application is correct and you have the documents supporting your application , I am 100%sure that you will be granted citizenship.
Just cheer up and enjoy your holidays :) :)

Dec 16, 2015
@Exports.
Thanks for your concern.
Here is my story:
We had the test in February 2014 and after that we didn't hear anything. In July 2014, they said may be there is a judge hearing. Then the CIC call centre agents said to call after 36 months as it was a non-routine application. I called in Sept 2015 (36 months after applying) and they said there might be a cj hearing but they don't know when. My atip report (printed sept 2015), says they have not processed the rq i sent after the test. So I am not sure what is going on. I am so tired of this opacity and ridiculous delay!