+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hearing experiences ( lets share all our Hearing experiences)

Rakib hasan

Star Member
Sep 18, 2019
  1. Dear lovely people

> Judge was friendly and professional
    > The hearing time was 2:45
    > He asked me lots of Questions ( Base on my BOC)
    > I was being asked some personal matters as well ( But judge took permission first )
    > truth is your best friend
    > Judge accept all my Documents and trust all of my Documents at end Judge said .
    > Judge ask my Lawyer to Submission only on my credibility part
    > at the end Judge said you will get your results in 3 weeks
    > at the end Judge smile .
    > My Lawyar comment on my case ( hopefully results will be positive)

> I got a interpreter But It was difficult for me To speak in My Native language, Sometime I used English ( Judge smile sometime , But my lawyer said we have a an interpreter for you ☺) then i tried my best to used my native language.

The reason is I used to practice with my Lawyer in English all the time.

So my Advice to you

Please take preparation
    Be ready to answer some questions will be asked that out of your Boc As well .
    Think in different way as well ( practice makes you perfect)
    Try to be clear with your answer understand the question then answer

If you don't understand the question ask again.

If you are not able to Submit some evidence or documents. Explain Nicely why ! Judge might ask you why didn't you get the letter from your witness. So you need to explain logically ( did you try to get the letter from witnesses)

Some time questions will be asked that you never thought before ( Just be truth)
    Judge might ask your Future plan as well as well .

All the best for your upcoming hearing.

Thank you

Jan 10, 2017
Hi everyone,

I had my hearing today in Montreal at 1pm.
- My board member was an asian old lady with hard chinese accent
- My hearing lasted for 2 hrs
- When my hearing was started board member said in today's hearing we have only 2 issues instead of 4 issues. 1. Credibility 2. IFA
- She asked me back to back questions for an hour and I replied her in straight forward manner (Approx. 20 to 25 questions)
- She also asked me why IFA is not available in my case and I replied her with an explanation with proofs
- Sometime it's seems that board member haven't looked at the case at all (my lawyer has same opinion)
- At 2:30 she said I don't have any further questions
- She ask my lawyer to ask me questions in case if she has any. My lawyer said no I don't have because my client already testified without having contradictions.
- After the 15 mins break, we returned to the hearing room and she asked my lawyer to give her submission and include IFA issue in it as well
- After my lawyer's submission board member reserve her decision and said we receive it by mail.

Overall, board member attitude was good but she was not smart enough to evaluate the case even basic things she didn't know it about my case. It was clearly seems that she only has read it once or not even once with paying attention to.

I have 39 items in evidence list as proof of persecution according to my lawyer this is the case to get accepted at the hearing but due to the board member appointed to my case has not let it happen.

Anyways, I would like to wish you a good luck because it's very important to have a good member or at least the one who study your case. I'll post my decision as soon as I get it.

Tips:
1. Please don't be afraid, hearing are only to understand why we are asking for protection
2. Just focus on your case and don't think about if it'll be accepted or rejected because this is something is not in your hands.
3. Credibility is the most determinative issue so you must know every detail and fact of your story.
4. In hearings is most likely that facts would be ask about the events.

Praise995

Feb 26, 2020
Hi everyone,

I had my hearing today in Montreal at 1pm.
- My board member was an asian old lady with hard chinese accent
- My hearing lasted for 2 hrs
- When my hearing was started board member said in today's hearing we have only 2 issues instead of 4 issues. 1. Credibility 2. IFA
- She asked me back to back questions for an hour and I replied her in straight forward manner (Approx. 20 to 25 questions)
- She also asked me why IFA is not available in my case and I replied her with an explanation with proofs
- Sometime it's seems that board member haven't looked at the case at all (my lawyer has same opinion)
- At 2:30 she said I don't have any further questions
- She ask my lawyer to ask me questions in case if she has any. My lawyer said no I don't have because my client already testified without having contradictions.
- After the 15 mins break, we returned to the hearing room and she asked my lawyer to give her submission and include IFA issue in it as well
- After my lawyer's submission board member reserve her decision and said we receive it by mail.

Overall, board member attitude was good but she was not smart enough to evaluate the case even basic things she didn't know it about my case. It was clearly seems that she only has read it once or not even once with paying attention to.

I have 39 items in evidence list as proof of persecution according to my lawyer this is the case to get accepted at the hearing but due to the board member appointed to my case has not let it happen.

Anyways, I would like to wish you a good luck because it's very important to have a good member or at least the one who study your case. I'll post my decision as soon as I get it.

Tips:
1. Please don't be afraid, hearing are only to understand why we are asking for protection
2. Just focus on your case and don't think about if it'll be accepted or rejected because this is something is not in your hands.
3. Credibility is the most determinative issue so you must know every detail and fact of your story.
4. In hearings is most likely that facts would be ask about the events.

Hey, how did it go? Any response from them yet

Reactions: 9990

Praise995

Feb 26, 2020
I got accepted and got decision in two weeks.
Wow!! Congrats to you. I have my hearing scheduled soon and I am so worried. Could you please share how you explained the IFA issue? . If you don’t mind can I drop an email to contact me? This would really mean a lot

Jan 10, 2017
Wow!! Congrats to you. I have my hearing scheduled soon and I am so worried. Could you please share how you explained the IFA issue? . If you don’t mind can I drop an email to contact me? This would really mean a lot
Thank you. You can message me.
I'd recommend everyone who are waiting for their hearings please educate yourself about IFA viability according to your country condition documents.

Last edited:

Jan 10, 2017
would you please guide more?
IFA: You need to convince board member that there's still danger for you to return to your country or it's not viable for you.
In my case I tried to explain there's still danger for us and gave several reasons but in her decision she gave reason for IFA from country condition report not what I said.

Which country are you from?