+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hccp 2023. Caregiver salary for a family of 4

Ome12

Dec 19, 2022
Hi everyone, please does anyone has information on how someone can determine the salary that will be able to sustain a caregiver who has 3 dependants?
I just got to know that caregiver salary will also be assessed in relation to the number of dependants. Thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi everyone, please does anyone has information on how someone can determine the salary that will be able to sustain a caregiver who has 3 dependants?
I just got to know that caregiver salary will also be assessed in relation to the number of dependants. Thanks
Where did you read that? Now where you live may mean you are living below or above LICO for 4 people.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
So if you don’t meet LICO then you want to show you have the liquid funds to support your family. If you live in Toronto area and make $30k that is not close to LICO. You want to show bank statements to make up the difference.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Really depends on the location. The cost of living is extremely variable throughout Canada. For example if living in Toronto living costs alone for a family of 4 would be over $2500/month. The cost of living has risen significantly in the past year so it is also very difficult to compare to salaries offered to Nannie’s unless very recent. Where are you located? Are the nanny’s dependents a partner and 2 children or 3 children? How old are the children? Hiring a nanny is not affordable for the majority of families because of cost and the current cost of living. Even if earning a decent amount of income you have to look at after tax income and the amount of money a familiy is spending monthly on living expenses. Many are already paying a substantial amount of their take home income on just housing not to mention transportation, utilities and food not matter how much they make.

Ome12

Dec 19, 2022
Really depends on the location. The cost of living is extremely variable throughout Canada. For example if living in Toronto living costs alone for a family of 4 would be over $2500/month. The cost of living has risen significantly in the past year so it is also very difficult to compare to salaries offered to Nannie’s unless very recent. Where are you located? Are the nanny’s dependents a partner and 2 children or 3 children? How old are the children? Hiring a nanny is not affordable for the majority of families because of cost and the current cost of living. Even if earning a decent amount of income you have to look at after tax income and the amount of money a familiy is spending monthly on living expenses. Many are already paying a substantial amount of their take home income on just housing not to mention transportation, utilities and food not matter how much they make.
Thanks so much for your response. My brother in ontario is the one hiring me. We have prepared everything we need to apply by Jan 2023. My dependants are my husband and 3 children. My brother already has a live-in arrangement for us so we are not going to be paying for accommodation. I really need to know what I can write as my salary/hour. Thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks so much for your response. My brother in ontario is the one hiring me. We have prepared everything we need to apply by Jan 2023. My dependants are my husband and 3 children. My brother already has a live-in arrangement for us so we are not going to be paying for accommodation. I really need to know what I can write as my salary/hour. Thanks
Your brother is the one who sets the salary, not you. So his job offer provides the salary, benefits and vacation time. All details for employers are on the site. His business registration number will be setting you up on his payroll. Given it is live in then he will show that you have an apartment in his house for 5 people with separate, not shared, accommodations.

ufarooqi

May 22, 2014
Waterloo, Canada
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
App. Filed.......
13-05-2015
IELTS Request
Waived Off
File Transfer...
13-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
26-05-2015 (Medical Status changed to PASSED on MyCIC)
Passport Req..
10-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2015
Given the IRCC operational manual, They'll also see the credentials of your spouse i.e. can they contribute to income by working. IRCC will look at their age, skills and past experience. IRCC will also look for any relative who is living nearby and can help financially.

They can't refuse your application based on bank statement. If that was the case, they'd have asked for it in required documents. If they have serious concerns, they'll issue a PF letter i.e. will give you a chance to explain.

For example, median wage for a caregiver in my area is 16.5 and maximum is 22. Even if I offer 22$, that'll become 46000 annually. If caregiver has a family of 5, LICO (Low income cutoff) is around 55K i.e. even a high earning caregiver can't meet it. So IRCC will look at every aspect i.e. can spouse of caregiver earn the remaining (55K - 46K), do they have assets to cover this gap. Do they family nearby etc.

Otherwise IRCC would have said in their requirements i.e. salary should be more than LICO or show a bank statement otherwise.

ufarooqi

May 22, 2014
Waterloo, Canada
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
App. Filed.......
13-05-2015
IELTS Request
Waived Off
File Transfer...
13-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
26-05-2015 (Medical Status changed to PASSED on MyCIC)
Passport Req..
10-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2015
I'd recommend attaching a letter which explains your spouse skills and how can he support you financially.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Is the separate living arrangements for for your family at least a 3 bedroom apartment with their own kitchen, living and dining space? Although you may be family he needs to be providing you with the same type of accommodations that would be acceptable for a stranger. You will have to take into account the cost of housing (What the current market rate is for what I assume is a 3 bedroom basement is in the neighbourhood and factor that into how much you are paid. It is important that you also look into the costs to make sure you are being fairly compensated. You should still get paid, although significantly less than you would have if you had paid for your own apartment in another location. I have seen some examples of family saying that providing housing was equal to their whole salary. which shouldn’t be the case. Your brother will also have declare his rental property and rental income on his taxes.