+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Having both visitor visa and study permit pending

coderhyde

Aug 25, 2022
Good day

I applied for visitor visa in may (still waiting on decision), but I got accepted in post-grad program full-time for Jan '23 intake and I applied for the study permit. Would having both pending application affect my processing?

liveforcoffee

Oct 3, 2022
Category........
VISIT
It is difficult to say how having two pending applications would affect processing times, as each application is treated individually. That being said, it is generally advisable to withdraw any pending applications before submitting a new one, as this can help to avoid confusion and delays, according to an article about the Constitution Act of Canada and the Sections Which Apply to Immigration. In your case, you may want to consider withdrawing your visitor visa application and resubmitting it once you have received your study permit. Alternatively, you could wait for a decision on your visitor visa application before submitting your study permit application. Either way, it is important to ensure that all of your documentation is in order before applying, as this will help to avoid delays.