+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Have you ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other co

akhter115

Jul 25, 2017
Hi,

Need help , i am worried about my trip to Canada scheduled for next month. I have been issued multiple entry Visitor visa with my wife in Feb,17 , we have scheduled to visit our child next month for 2 weeks. I have just realised it last month (while my US visit visa was denied reason 241(b) ) .

My worries about the answer provided by me for below question , for a Ans given NO , for b Ans. given Yes and for c Ans given Yes and than i have mention details about my past visa refusal.
a) Have you ever remained beyond the validity of your status, attended school without authorization or worked without authorization in Canada? NO

b) Have you ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country? YES

c) Have you previously applied to enter or remain in Canada? Yes

d) If you answered “yes” to question 2a), 2b), or 2C please provide details:

"i applied for permanent stay as skilled labour worker category in year 2009 but i was informed that i was not eligible for this category and so they did not grant me the visa."

While on other hand , whereas my US visit visa denied with reason 214 b last month June,17 and in DS 160 form for one of the question i have recorded following answer:
Q. Have you ever been refused a U.S visa or been refused admission to the united states , or withdrawn your application for admission at the port of entry ?

Ans: " Don,t remember the exact date but it was between year 1999 to 2000 , also don,t remember the reason , no documents available with me . I do not remember weather VISA is refused or my application was not accepted due to insufficient information as it was very old case. However, i remember that i applied to visit my brother who was seriously sick need someone to take care , later he was expired in year 2001"

So my worry is , i did not provided any information in details section for US visa applied in year 1999 as i was not sure that i was refused or my application was not accepted because i do not have any documents . Only for Canada refusal information details i have provided . Will it be problem for me at POE , while i will be in Canada next month?
Please advise .

Regards

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
If your visitor visa has already been issues - then you're fine. No need to worry.

akhter115

Jul 25, 2017
Hi,
Yes, my visitor visa has been already issued. Hope it will be fine .

Thanks a lot for your prompt response

Regards

samk03

Star Member
Jun 1, 2017
What do you mean by application was not accepted.
Were you not interviewed for the visa?
If your case is forward to embassy and they did not accept it. Obviously it means you are refused a visa.
Your statement seems quite diplomatic. Seems you do not want to say directly that you were refused a visa.

akhter115

Jul 25, 2017
Hi,
Thanks for raising your concern, as it was old case and i am not sure what happened that time even i dont remember that i have been interviewed or not in year 1999.

I have responded my answer with YES means refused
and in explaination I have mentioned my comments whatever i remembered which they can confirm from their records.
Friend that part i forgot to fill while i was applying for canada visitor visa, i have only mentioned my canada refusal which was specifc to that case.

Regards

samk03

Star Member
Jun 1, 2017
Its strange that you don't remember. I was also refused a US visa in 1999. I was 11 years old back then but I still remember it. We were interviewed and visa was refused along with the refusal stamp.
If you have accepted in US Visa Form that you were refused then you should have also mention in Canadian Application Form.
But you are lucky that they don't have many years old record anymore. Also Canada has started sharing immigration record with USA recently.

PreciousLady

Nov 8, 2018
I just realised 6 months after submitting my PR application that i said no to this question in place of Yes... how will it impact my application?
its was B1/B2 refusal... i was not given a concrete reason. all that the officer said was you are not eligible at this time.

PreciousLady

Nov 8, 2018
you can send a webform query and inform them otherwise you are definitely facing a refusal with 5 year misrepresentation ban . write them a brief explanation. if possible hire a good immigration lawyer in Canada and ask them to do it on your behalf.
i have sent a webform along with a LOE explaining this was inadvertently marked as No thinking the question was just for Canada. And just realised that its for other countries also. I hope they accept this.

Any idea how this will impact my application?

PreciousLady

Nov 8, 2018
cannot really say how this will impact your application informing IRCC now. normally people have their applications refused with 5 year ban. i would suggest speak to a lawyer in Canada not an agent but a reputed immigration lawyer.
Thank you for your support. I will talk to an immigration lawyer in canada.