Visa Office......
HAV
App. Filed.......
13-03-2017
Doc's Request.
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
13-05-2017
Hi everyone. My husband had his medical exam on July 7th and since then we haven't heard anything. We were told that the Havana Embassy picks up the exam results from the hospital every 15, 30, or 45 business days (not so helpful information :( ). I was wondering if anyone has any experience with this and how long it took for them to hear back about their medical results after the exam. Does it stay in Cuba or is it sent to Canada? Is there any way for us to contact the embassy and ask about it? Also, does the Havana office update online accounts frequently, because I check for information on the medical exam but ever since we got the request it has just said that they are reviewing the results of our medical exam. Also about a month ago our background check turned to "not applicable", even though it used to say that they were reviewing it. Does anyone have any experience with that? Thanks for any help anyone can give, this is a confusing process and it helps to have other people going through it too :)

Reactions: emeritus

mpenn123

Jan 13, 2017
Hi everyone. My husband had his medical exam on July 7th and since then we haven't heard anything. We were told that the Havana Embassy picks up the exam results from the hospital every 15, 30, or 45 business days (not so helpful information :( ). I was wondering if anyone has any experience with this and how long it took for them to hear back about their medical results after the exam. Does it stay in Cuba or is it sent to Canada? Is there any way for us to contact the embassy and ask about it? Also, does the Havana office update online accounts frequently, because I check for information on the medical exam but ever since we got the request it has just said that they are reviewing the results of our medical exam. Also about a month ago our background check turned to "not applicable", even though it used to say that they were reviewing it. Does anyone have any experience with that? Thanks for any help anyone can give, this is a confusing process and it helps to have other people going through it too :)
My husband did his medical on May 11th and two months later on July 6th it was received in Ottawa.We submitted our application in Dec and there has hardly been any updates at all, i have received an email from the Havana embassy saying that the only thing holding up visa issuance is the medical clearance... apparently that could take three months from the time Ottawa recevied it.
It such a long process that requires more patience then I have!!

Reactions: Galano1213

mpenn123

Jan 13, 2017
I checked my cic account this morning and the medical has now changed to pass... also ecas has that ever important 3rd line!!!
Havana had said last week that is all they are waiting on so I am hopeful that it wont be to much longer before that call comes!!

Manguita

Star Member
Jun 22, 2017
I checked my cic account this morning and the medical has now changed to pass... also ecas has that ever important 3rd line!!!
Havana had said last week that is all they are waiting on so I am hopeful that it wont be to much longer before that call comes!!
Good news!!!

Little castle

Feb 17, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-09-2016
My husband picked up his visa today he will be in Canada Aug 24
So happy to hear this news Galano! I know this was a long and difficult process for you both. Sending all my best wishes and congrats!!

Reactions: Galano1213

mpenn123

Jan 13, 2017
After 3 and a half years of being apart
( almost 1 and half married) Im happy to say that we received the visa request for Sept 6th :) Many happy tears shed today and a big thank you to everyone that anwsered my questions over the last few months.Best of luck to everyone that is waiting.

Manguita

Star Member
Jun 22, 2017
( almost 1 and half married) Im happy to say that we received the visa request for Sept 6th :) Many happy tears shed today and a big thank you to everyone that anwsered my questions over the last few months.Best of luck to everyone that is waiting.
Congrats!!! Nothing yet for us...

Manguita

Star Member
Jun 22, 2017
When did you receive the message?

mpenn123

Jan 13, 2017
When did you receive the message?
I noticed this morning that my accounts had changed so i emailed the embassy just to see if there was something we had to do next. A few hours later in the afternoon they messaged me back and said to be at the embassy on sept 6th.