+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Has anyone within the last two weeks gotten a response regarding extended family IMM0006?

Jerenny

Jan 1, 2021
I submitted my email on December 18th and while it hasn't surprised me that I haven't heard anything yet, I'm a bit worried to know how long I'm going to be waiting. It'd be nice to hear back within the next week, as I want to spend about a month in Canada before I come back February 15th or so. With covid ramping up and lockdown happening, I haven't been hearing / seeing anyone recently say anything about being approved for a written travel authorization past mid-December. Anyone with the opposite story?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Most times, processing takes at least 2 weeks and you applied right before the Christmas and New Year’s holidays so offices were closed at least 3 of those days. You probably have another week due to holidays and backlogs. Is it your spouse who is in Canada.

veeru_28_j

Mar 2, 2013
I submitted my email on December 18th and while it hasn't surprised me that I haven't heard anything yet, I'm a bit worried to know how long I'm going to be waiting. It'd be nice to hear back within the next week, as I want to spend about a month in Canada before I come back February 15th or so. With covid ramping up and lockdown happening, I haven't been hearing / seeing anyone recently say anything about being approved for a written travel authorization past mid-December. Anyone with the opposite story?
My brother applied on 22nd December still and waiting for the reply. Please update if you hear anything.Good luck

Jerenny

Jan 1, 2021
Most times, processing takes at least 2 weeks and you applied right before the Christmas and New Year’s holidays so offices were closed at least 3 of those days. You probably have another week due to holidays and backlogs. Is it your spouse who is in Canada.
Not spouse, but fiancée, and yes she's a citizen of Canada.

mashulia_26

Apr 6, 2018
Applied on November 16 and still no answer for my brother

KHJN

Star Member
Aug 30, 2018
My time line
As Extended family member
12nov20 Applied online
22nov20 Sent email to ircc explaining my relationship and not aware of the imm0006 form.
11dec20 Got a reply on email from ircc on to submitt imm0006 form along with proof of relationship to process application.
18dec20 Sent imm0006 form with all the required docs.
04jan21 got 3 messages on my cic account for passport request, exemption approval to travel with 6months validity and biometrics update.
05jan20 passport sent through courier.
Now waiting :)

Jerenny

Jan 1, 2021
Applied on November 16 and still no answer for my brother
My time line
12nov20 Applied online
22nov20 Sent email to ircc explaining my relationship and not aware of the imm0006 form.
11dec20 Got a reply on email from ircc on to submitt imm0006 form along with proof of relationship to process application.
04jan21 got 3 messages on my cic account for passport request, exemption approval to travel with 6months validity and biometrics update.
I actually got an approval first thing this morning surprisingly, from Dec 18 a single email and approved today Jan 5th.

ScienceCAN

Jan 5, 2021
Hi all,

I thought I would give you an update as well.
My extended family member (who is American) applied for the authorization on December 08, 2020 and received a travel approval on December 18th, 2020. Unfortunately, his approval had a typo on his name, so he reached out to IRCC on December 19th, 2020 and received an updated approval (without the typo) today, January 5th, 2021.

gta88

Jun 30, 2018
My time line
12nov20 Applied online
Can you share the country of your extended family member ? I wish to apply for an extended family member who does not have a visa and afraid of refusal.