+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H1B Visa expiring in September end want to apply Single entry Canada visa

ChakT

Apr 4, 2013
Hi,
I am on H1B Visa currently which will be expiring in last week of September, I am planning to apply Canada Single entry Visa by next week, will that be a problem? What are my chances to get the Canada Single entry Visa? As I know there is a problem if your Passport is expiring in 6 months, but about the H1B Visa expiring will that be a problem in getting my Visa?

Please guide me.

Thanks

ChakT

Apr 4, 2013
Thanks for your reply.
Can you please tell me, when you applied and how many days it took to process your Visa?
And did you apply by mail or online?

Much appreciate your help

ChakT

Apr 4, 2013
Can anyone help me if I should apply for single entry visa or multiple entry visa in this situation as my H1B will be expiring in september end.

Thanks

scrls5

Mar 20, 2013
ChakT said:
Can anyone help me if I should apply for single entry visa or multiple entry visa in this situation as my H1B will be expiring in september end.

Thanks
Your H1B has nothing to do with the number of entries for your canadian TRV. The officer will review all the details (at least in theory) when assessing your application. If the purpose of your trip requires multiple, go for it

ChakT

Apr 4, 2013
Hi, Regarding the travel history, I am an Indian, and I am in US currently on my H1B visa, so apart from US I have not travelled to any other country. So shall I consider US in my travel history?
Please suggest.

Thanks

jds2013

Apr 5, 2013
I am also from a country other the US, and when I applied I did not include the US in my travel history. I included my visit to my homecountry, but since you now live here I don't think it's necessary to list it

AAL1984

Nov 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2011
LANDED..........
Nov 2012
If you have no valid visa which allows you to return to US, then chances of getting a single entry visa to Canada are very low. Officer will want proof that you can go back to States, their getting strict on this now.

ChakT

Apr 4, 2013
I have H1B Visa.. which allows me to work in US and also it is a multiple entry visa so I will be anyway returning back to US as I am a full time employee here with a top notch IT consulting firm. I am sure the Visa officer are aware fo the H1B Visa status here.

Thanks anyway for your advice.