+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H1B Stamping Dropbox in Canada

korurin

Feb 21, 2024
For people who sent their packages to Toronto, anyone heard back recently yet? From the people I talked to online, people who have their documents delivered as early as Feb 20th still got no updates at all, not even "application received".

bhumei

Mar 4, 2024
Hi!! I also received the following status "Application Received: Your case is open and ready for your interview, fingerprints, and required documents. If you have already had your interview, please check your status after two business days." =>Please let me know if you had to go to an interview?? (For info, I applied for an H1B stamp and send my documents by mail since I am eligible for the interview waiver).
Can you pls let me know what happened after you saw that application received and your case is open etc ? Did you get your passport with approved status

Mar 12, 2024
Hello All,

Planning to do dropbox my H1-B extension in Canada.

Could you please let me know which is the fastest processing consulate like ( Toronto, Ottawa, Vancouver, Calgary, Halifax) ?

How many days would it take to get a response from the consulate while waiting in the virtual queue ?

Once the virtual queue sends an email to submit the documents what all documents are required if I am eligible? Do I have to be a permenant resident of Canada or can be on work permit in Canada ?

Thank you all and looking forward to your response with timelines. It would be really helpful for me and timelines help me decide the start date in the USA.

Thanks again appreciate it.

Feb 25, 2024
Hello All,

Planning to do dropbox my H1-B extension in Canada.

Could you please let me know which is the fastest processing consulate like ( Toronto, Ottawa, Vancouver, Calgary, Halifax) ?

How many days would it take to get a response from the consulate while waiting in the virtual queue ?

Once the virtual queue sends an email to submit the documents what all documents are required if I am eligible? Do I have to be a permenant resident of Canada or can be on work permit in Canada ?

Thank you all and looking forward to your response with timelines. It would be really helpful for me and timelines help me decide the start date in the USA.

Thanks again appreciate it.
You will be eligible for dropbox even on work permit, not mandatory to have PR.

Once you submit application online on the website, you should get the instructions back within a week. After sending the documents, my status got changed to Approved after 13 days, but have not received the passport yet. I would say the timeline would be 3 weeks to get passport back.

I submitted for Toronto embassy, don't know about others. But I would suggest submit it to your nearest embassy so that in case if they call you for in person interview, then you can easily travel.

Feb 25, 2024
Here are my timeline for the H1B dropbox for Toronto embassy. Have work permit, no PR and last H1B Visa stamping was from India and got expired in Feb 2023.

05 Feb - Application submitted for H1B dropbox on ais-usvisa website. It was put under virtual queue.
09 Feb - Received email from consulate with instructions to submit documents.
22 Feb - Dropbox docs sent to Embassy.
23 Feb - Docs are received by Embassy.
06 Mar - Status changed to "Application Received".
07 Mar - Status changed to "Approved".

Its been 5 days, but no updates on passport delivery. Anyone have any idea how long do they take to send passport back?