+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H1B Stamping Dropbox in Canada

korurin

Feb 21, 2024
Here are my timeline for the H1B dropbox for Toronto embassy. Have work permit, no PR and last H1B Visa stamping was from India and got expired in Feb 2023.

05 Feb - Application submitted for H1B dropbox on ais-usvisa website. It was put under virtual queue.
09 Feb - Received email from consulate with instructions to submit documents.
22 Feb - Dropbox docs sent to Embassy.
23 Feb - Docs are received by Embassy.
06 Mar - Status changed to "Application Received".
07 Mar - Status changed to "Approved".

Its been 5 days, but no updates on passport delivery. Anyone have any idea how long do they take to send passport back?
I know someone had their status changed to "issued' this Monday. They also got approved on March 6

Reactions: nrr_h1b_dropbox
Feb 25, 2024
Hi All,
My Visa status stuck at Approved status. Do we know how long usually it takes

H1B Dropbox in Ottawa

02-Feb: Submitted DS160
02-Feb: Entered Virtual Queue
05-Feb: Courier in instruction Received via email
12-Feb: Return Label Created
13-Feb: Sent Passport and required docs in Canada Post
14-Feb: Delivered to Consulate
21-Feb : Application Received
21-Feb: Approved
Hi, I was curious if you have received your passport back. Can you please let me know how may days did it take to change the status to Issued after Approved and timeline to receive passport back. Mine got stuck to Approved state from 7 days.

azharhit47

Dec 11, 2018
Hi,
I am Canadian PR. I got i797b after h1b renewal ( after first 3 yrs). This will be my second stamping in Canada.Will I get visa stamped in drop box or will I be called for in-person interview? Did anyone get visa stamped in dropbox without interview with i797b?

Feb 25, 2024
Hi,
I am Canadian PR. I got i797b after h1b renewal ( after first 3 yrs). This will be my second stamping in Canada.Will I get visa stamped in drop box or will I be called for in-person interview? Did anyone get visa stamped in dropbox without interview with i797b?
You will be mostly eligible for dropbox depending upon when was your last stamping expired. You can just go ahead and start application on https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-ca/niv website. There will be bunch of questions, answer those and you will get to know if you are eligible for dropbox.

I am on a work permit in Canada and I was eligible for dropbox.

moeuscan

Mar 16, 2024
Hi, I was curious if you have received your passport back. Can you please let me know how may days did it take to change the status to Issued after Approved and timeline to receive passport back. Mine got stuck to Approved state from 7 days.
Following. I am in same boat. Status shows approved since last 8 buisness days. Any update for you?

Feb 25, 2024
Following. I am in same boat. Status shows approved since last 8 buisness days. Any update for you?
Yes, The status changed to "Issued" on 14th March i.e. 8 days after "Approved" state. They send the passport on 15th through Purolator, expected delivery is on Monday.

Looks like Toronto Embassy have lot of backlog which is delaying the process.

Reactions: moeuscan

moeuscan

Mar 16, 2024
Yes, The status changed to "Issued" on 14th March i.e. 8 days after "Approved" state. They send the passport on 15th through Purolator, expected delivery is on Monday.

Looks like Toronto Embassy have lot of backlog which is delaying the process.
Ok. I submitted mine in Ottawa. Seems to be same there.

moeuscan

Mar 16, 2024
H1B Ottawa dropbox

March 5-Approved
Waiting for next update to issue. Is this normal to take this long ? Anyone in same situation?

sauron666

May 17, 2023
Hi,

I just received COPR and need to land in Canada in the next few months. I also want to do H1B stamping during my visit. Will I be eligible for dropbox and will I be approved without having a PR card? This will be my first H1B (I changed from F1 to H1B last year).
Thanks in advance!

Rgajula

Sep 25, 2023
You are eligible for drop box if you are applying for visa which was already approved earlier. If it is first time you are not eligible.
Hi,

I just received COPR and need to land in Canada in the next few months. I also want to do H1B stamping during my visit. Will I be eligible for dropbox and will I be approved without having a PR card? This will be my first H1B (I changed from F1 to H1B last year).
Thanks in advance!

Reactions: sauron666

eric32s55

Jan 21, 2024
H1B Ottawa dropbox

March 5-Approved
Waiting for next update to issue. Is this normal to take this long ? Anyone in same situation?
I was planning tosend in the documents now, but I might need my passport soon so thinking again.

When did you send in via courier? Is it over 3 weeks?

eric32s55

Jan 21, 2024
I had a question for anyone who can answer-

After dropbox submission, if one is called for in interview but cannot attend in a reasonable timeframe, can we request our passport back? I understand that we might have to pay the MRV fee again at a later date, but just wanted to know.