+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H1B Stamping Dropbox in Canada

korurin

Feb 21, 2024
documents arrived at the Toronto yesterday noon. When can I expect it to be received in the application status? Anyone in a similar timeline

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2024
I submitted Feb 16
Got email to send documents Feb 20
They received my application Feb 22
No changes since then....
Do you know if the "11 days" that says in their website is from them receiving to being approved?
I believe the 11 days was an approximate of how long you have to wait to get the email about sending the docs in.

Feb 25, 2024
I submitted Feb 16
Got email to send documents Feb 20
They received my application Feb 22
No changes since then....
Do you know if the "11 days" that says in their website is from them receiving to being approved?
I am in the same boat as yours. I sent them documents for dropbox stamping on 21st Feb and they received it on 22nd Feb. But no updates after that. Please keep us posted when you see any updates on your application status. I will do the same.
NOTE - Submitted to Toronto Embassy.

Nov 2, 2022
I am in the same boat as yours. I sent them documents for dropbox stamping on 21st Feb and they received it on 22nd Feb. But no updates after that. Please keep us posted when you see any updates on your application status. I will do the same.
Hey! On the tracker it says:
Case Created:22-Feb-2024
Case Last Updated:29-Feb-2024

Did you also get an update o the 29? Nothing changed still just says " Application Received ". Did you also apply from Calgary?

Feb 25, 2024
Hey! On the tracker it says:
Case Created:22-Feb-2024
Case Last Updated:29-Feb-2024

Did you also get an update o the 29? Nothing changed still just says " Application Received ". Did you also apply from Calgary?
I applied for Toronto, not Calgary. So my timeline would be different than yours. I don't even see ApplicationReceived status yet.

korurin

Feb 21, 2024
I saw on a Chinese social app that someone also has their documents delivered on Feb 22nd and application status is still "no status". Not sure if you are the same person, but just wanted to provide you with a data point.

bhumitra

Feb 12, 2024
It depends on what type of shipping you selected. For premium , they will send tracking number. For regular , you will receive email only when it's ready for pick up
I selected the regular pickup. (Not premium)

Where did you find the info that they dont send a label ?

Mar 1, 2024
Timelines for H1b (first-time stamping) at the Toronto US Consulate
My Status: Canada PR (with visitor visa taken from Toronto US consulate with in-person interview 3 years ago). Even though its first time stamping, I had worked in US on an H1b for 1 year in the past but never stamped an H1b in my passport, moved to Canada as a PR, and started working for a new employer (applied for US B1/B2 visa). Got hired by a new employer in Nov 2023 and technically this is an H1b transfer.

19 Dec 2023 – 4 PM: Submitted the DS160 and Scheduled an appointment with the US consulate on AIS website for Canada.
Note 1: AIS website for Canada visa appointment: https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-ca/niv/users/sign_in
Note 2: Once I applied, I was added to the virtual queue with a wait time of 5 weeks.
Note 3: Soon you get your H1b approval apply to AIS website, don’t wait!
No updates for 3-4 weeks (Christmas holidays and huge backlog)

10 Jan 2024: around 12:30 Request to send documents email arrived with instructions. The status on AIS website changed to “Send documents”
10 Jan 2024: Sent document around 1:50 PM via Canada Post

Note 1: I had all the necessary documents labelled and photographs taken ready to be sent waiting on the shipping label only at this time
Note 2: If you send the courier before 5 PM, generally all Canada Post send the document within 1 business day which is the next business day (11th Jan in my case)
Note 3: Documents submitted:
  • Passport old (with B1/B2 visa stamp)
  • Current passport
  • Form DS 160 Confirmation page
  • Email Instructions (pdf) printed. “GDIT/United States DoS Nonimmigrant VisaInstructions” (4 pages document)
  • 3rd page from the Courier in instructions (which clearly states at the bottom in bold “Include this page in the courier envelope that contains your required visa application documents”)
  • One 5 x 5 cm (2 x 2 inches) color photo
  • Copy of PR Card
  • Offer letter (optional not required but still sent)
  • LCA (this is not required for H1b but still sent)

11 Jan 2024 (Thursday around 12:40 PM): Documents were delivered to the consulate and received confirmation via Canada Post.

12 Jan 2024 (Friday, around 12:30 PM): The status on CEAC website (https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx) changed to “Application received”
15th Jan (Monday) was a US holiday
Note 1: The “AIS” website (where you scheduled an appointment for Toronto) will have 'send documents' as your status until your return shipping label is created. so check your visa status via your DS-160 (https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx)
Note 2: The statuses go this way on CEAC. Case created -> Case approved -> Issued

18 Jan 2024 (Thursday around 10:40 AM): Case approved

22 Jan 2024 (Around 12:30 PM): Status changed to “Issued”

23 Jan 2024 (Around 10:30 AM): Email with subject “U.S. DoS Visa system return travel document shipment notice” Label created for shipping and Passport ready for Purolator pick up

23 Jan 2024 (Around 2:30 PM): The passport was picked up by Purolator

24 Jan 2024:
Out for delivery by 8:40 AM and delivered by 12:35 PM at the door since I chose the premium delivery option instead of pick-up

Note I am not an immigration expert/attorney, this is purely my personal experience. Please reach out to your immigration lawyer for lawful advice.
Appreciate the detailed post, to the level of number of pages. By LCA do you mean I797A? Did you send the original I797A with your documents?