+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H1B - Alberta PNP File Number / Certificate Timeline

AlbertaCitizen

Star Member
Apr 11, 2009
engg said:
Was it a trap to waste time ??

indium-sulfide-2 said:
I would rather say, 8xxs wait at least till Dec.2009.
It is apparent that they are purposely delaying all the applications till sometime they decide to prolong the time line to a year or two.
Alberta nominates 2000- 3000 a year for all categories.
Hope all good luck.
IS2

Engg:

What alternatively significant you are doing so rest everything is waste of time? Invention of Nuclear Physics formulas? Writing extension of pythagorus theorum? Writing Windows 2009 edition? or Writing an agreement for Merger of two large Investment Bank? or simply increasing few years of experience in your present resume without even joining a project?

engg

Dec 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
Done:July 26 2010,Delivered:Aug 4 2010
May be I'm doing something bigger than that.But could have choosen to apply FSW instead.

AlbertaCitizen said:
engg said:
Was it a trap to waste time ??

indium-sulfide-2 said:
I would rather say, 8xxs wait at least till Dec.2009.
It is apparent that they are purposely delaying all the applications till sometime they decide to prolong the time line to a year or two.
Alberta nominates 2000- 3000 a year for all categories.
Hope all good luck.
IS2

What alternatively significant you are doing so rest everything is waste of time? Invention of Nuclear Physics formulas? Writing extension of pythagorus theorum? Writing Windows 2009 edition? or Writing an agreement for Merger of two large Investment Bank?

Albertadude

Star Member
Apr 6, 2009
Someone needs to call AINP and ask them if they are still maintaining the 4 months timeline after issuance of file number. There are applicants who have applied for PCC's from different states (5 in my case), FBI and PCC from home country. This all costs time and money!!!! Hopefully they start issuing nominations soon

AlbertaCitizen

Star Member
Apr 11, 2009
Albertadude said:
Someone needs to call AINP and ask them if they are still maintaining the 4 months timeline after issuance of file number. There are applicants who have applied for PCC's from different states (5 in my case), FBI and PCC from home country. This all costs time and money!!!! Hopefully they start issuing nominations soon
Why not start corresponding through registered mail? So the request could reach the high officials sitting in Edmonton so they can instruct the rest staff to give priority to h1B's This priority was supposed to given to H1b's but engineering occupation and other stream got that. Initially H1B was topmost priority that's why it was comitted to nominate in 40-60 days. People just call hotline or officer who are just clerical people nad have nothing to do with expediting process. Write to Program manager and Employment & Immigration Minster to reduce time.

sava

Star Member
Apr 28, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-May-2012; 11-Jul-2013 (CEC)
Doc's Request.
Not yet
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
17-May-2012; 09-SEP-2013 (CEC)
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
16-OCT-2013
Med's Done....
13-Nov-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-Jan-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-Feb-2014
LANDED..........
28-Feb-2014 (North Portal, SK)
FYI Guys,
Just called AINP and got to know that my pre-assessment was completed on Mar -30th and sent to the "Other Office" for Assessment (candidate). She also said that my file number was sent to me on Mar-30th . She started to give me my file numberm started with 7912-08-, and then stopped , said something looks wrong with the file number. She said she would confirm about the file number with someone else in the office and said that she'd send me the file number in e-mail by tomorrow.
I asked her about the QUOTA and she said that there is NO quota for this specific (AINP-SRS-US Visa holders) program. There might be quota for some other programs but not definitely for this program is what she said. We discussed about lot of other stuff, like job prospects and reciession and its effect, Alberta Economy, ... etc., but she did say that we all should know about our result/decision in 8 months (from the date they received the application).

Hopefully this information helps.

Regards,
SaVa

deepfreezed

Jul 14, 2009
sava said:
FYI Guys,
Just called AINP and got to know that my pre-assessment was completed on Mar -30th and sent to the "Other Office" for Assessment (candidate). She also said that my file number was sent to me on Mar-30th . She started to give me my file numberm started with 7912-08-, and then stopped , said something looks wrong with the file number. She said she would confirm about the file number with someone else in the office and said that she'd send me the file number in e-mail by tomorrow.
I asked her about the QUOTA and she said that there is NO quota for this specific (AINP-SRS-US Visa holders) program. There might be quota for some other programs but not definitely for this program is what she said. We discussed about lot of other stuff, like job prospects and reciession and its effect, Alberta Economy, ... etc., but she did say that we all should know about our result/decision in 8 months (from the date they received the application).

Hopefully this information helps.

Regards,
SaVa
when did you apply?

sava

Star Member
Apr 28, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-May-2012; 11-Jul-2013 (CEC)
Doc's Request.
Not yet
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
17-May-2012; 09-SEP-2013 (CEC)
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
16-OCT-2013
Med's Done....
13-Nov-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-Jan-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-Feb-2014
LANDED..........
28-Feb-2014 (North Portal, SK)
Following is my Timeline,

Appln Rcvd - Mar 6th, 09 ( I mailed it on Mar 3rd)
Pre-Ass - No
NOC - 2131

Jacaranda said:
wow sava when did you send in your application again?

pk933

Apr 28, 2009
USA
Sava,
which number did u call ? They rcvd my application on 3rd March 09 ,NOC 2133 Electrical Engineer, under New Process I never heard back from them yet. Last week I called them at 1-780-427-6419 . she siad wait several weeks or may be wait till end of this month . if dont get anything at end of this month then she got me to call back and then she would open an offical Inquiry about my case...but in ur case she even tried to tell you the file number wow..tell me what number u called Ima call that number as well.

Jacaranda said:
wow sava when did you send in your application again?

maruti81

Mar 13, 2009
My application reached Edmonton office on MArch 13th. I havent received any file number yet. I just called AINP office. She said it's currently taking between 4-5 months to get file number. I also asked her that I was concerned about my application because people who applied later in April got file numbers and I haven't gotten any yet. She said that there was change in some administrator tasks and a different office is processing April applications, and it does n't mean that March guys get delayed.

Hope this helps you guys who applied in March and waiting for file number.

ChaloCanada

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-03-2009
Doc's Request.
19-11-2009
Nomination.....
23-11-2009
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
File Transfer...
19-OCT-2010 (to NY)
Med's Request
22-06-2010
Med's Done....
09-07-2010; reached 23-07-2010
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
30-12-2010, dated-15-12-2010
Appreciate ppl calling AINP....
I too called but got very plain answer

WAIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

fira

Feb 20, 2009
Got a email response from AINP, for an email(requested file number) which i sent jun 14th 2009(almost after a month)...

One interesting thing is, "That file number means that the AINP has begun to process your application.".

Thank you for your email regarding your Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP) application. In response to your enquiry, I am pleased to provide you with the following information.

Receipt of applications
The AINP is unable to confirm the receipt of applications. We encourage you to send your application through methods where you can confirm the delivery status of your application through the delivery company.

Once the AINP begins to process your application, you will receive notification with a file number. That file number means that the AINP has begun to process your application.

Processing times and status enquiries
Processing times are an estimate of the time it generally takes to review and assess an application. The time can vary depending on the number of applications we receive and may vary for each application. For processing times, visit: www.albertacanada.com/immigration/immigrate/processingtimes.html.

The AINP only replies to status enquiries if your application has exceeded normal processing times.

To update your AINP application
If you wish to make changes to your application, for example; adding dependents, change to employment, change of mailing address, you may submit additional documents or changes to your application by mail or fax to:

Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program
Suite 940, Telus Plaza North Tower
10025 Jasper Avenue
Edmonton, Alberta T5J 1S6
Fax Number: 780-427-6560

Thank you for your patience to allow for the processing of your application.

If you have questions regarding how to immigrate to Alberta, please contact the Immigrate to Alberta Information Service, toll free in Alberta at 1-877-427-6419 and outside of Alberta at 1-780-427-6419 or refer to Alberta’s official immigration website at www.albertacanada.com/immigration/.

Regards,

Alberta Employment and Immigration

Albertadude

Star Member
Apr 6, 2009
Wow!!!! How long are they taking to process an application. Some applications are being processed since Jan of 2009 and most of them are from old process (pre-assessment)