+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H1-Alberta PNP-nominations NOV'09 and later+PCC, FBI,CIC application discussion!

car33r

Star Member
Dec 4, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I noticed something very interesting on the FBI result letter that I got back - I took a photocopy of the original letter for my records and on the photocopy I could see "UNAUTHORIZED COPY" splashed in bold all across the page. On taking a closer look at the original FBI letter, I could see UNAUTHORIZED COPY written on the background of the entire page. Guess this is one of FBI's security checks to prevent counterfeit.

bibo

Jan 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2009
Doc's Request.
25-11-2009
Nomination.....
30-11-2009
AOR Received.
17-07-2010
Med's Request
17-07-2010
Med's Done....
27-07-2010
Passport Req..
24-03-2011
i am about to send my app to buffalo without the fbi records since I dont want my other pcc to expire.
will that be a problem?
one more thing, i went to get money order they couldn't do one for me for $1020 the did 2 for $510 each, one for me and one for my wife.
should i sign one, and my wife sign the other? or should both be signed by me?
please advise.

thank you

virgos

Star Member
Feb 10, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 21 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov 17 2009
Nomination.....
Dec 05 2009
AOR Received.
Jun 24 2010
File Transfer...
Oct 26 2010 - NY
Med's Request
Jun 24 2010
Med's Done....
Jul 03 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 17 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 07 2011
LANDED..........
Mar 12 2011 (Windsor, ON)
Bibo,

My sugegstion is that you wait for FBI, and mail complete application.
And if your other PCCs are about to expire in next 2 weeks or so, then send it without FBI cert....but attach a letter explaining why you have not sent FBI cert.

You can sign the both. It doesnt matter, all CIC wants is money from the MOs

Signature on the MO is for authorizing & acceptance of "Ts & Cs" between the MO company & you.
For CIC it does not matter.

- Virgos

bibo said:
i am about to send my app to buffalo without the fbi records since I dont want my other pcc to expire.
will that be a problem?
one more thing, i went to get money order they couldn't do one for me for $1020 the did 2 for $510 each, one for me and one for my wife.
should i sign one, and my wife sign the other? or should both be signed by me?
please advise.

thank you

deepfreezed

Jul 14, 2009
I got the FBI finger print records back. They rejected My wife's FBI finger print request saying they couldn't read the finger prints. Do I send the CIC application without my wife's with explanation? Deadline will certainly expire if I wait for the second FBI finger print attempt.

Anyone done this before?

BTW, answer to below is yes, I asked the question about a week ago in this forum and got no answer.
Question.
Does the FBI en-cash the payment even if there are issues with the fingerprints or missing information? Yes

Manny

Dec 31, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, US
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 30, 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 25, 2009
Nomination.....
Dec 07, 2009 CIC App. Filed.: Mar 15, 2010
AOR Received.
Jul 06, 2010
Med's Request
Jul 06, 2010
Med's Done....
Jul 15, 2010 File transferred: Nov 10, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 15, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 23, 2010
LANDED..........
Apr 07, 2011
Hey Jasper, Congrats n Cheers!
All,
For the pics to be submitted did any of you use Costco? Typically the costco pics are rejected by US consulate as they are taken usinf inbuilt flash in camera.
Any suggestions?

Jasper said:
FINALLY, I received my FBI certificate today.....

car33r

Star Member
Dec 4, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, it should be original. I did some research and found out that the PNP certificate needs to be original when sending to CIC.

For some reason I missed it on the helpful hints website of CIC Buffalo, but it is clearly mentioned at- canadainternational.gc.ca/buffalo/imm/quebec_prov_hints-conseils.aspx?lang=eng

look at the section: "B - Supporting Documents"

Sorry everyone.

You can take a copy of the PNP certificate and keep it for your records.

winter876 said:
Thank you virgos, I think it should be original one.

image6000

Aug 12, 2009
Jasper said:
FINALLY, I received my FBI certificate today. Here's my timeline for FBI clearance:
-Sent my request (fingerprint card) by USPS: 12/2/2009
-FBI received my request (USPS tracking): 12/7/2009
-FBI mailed out my certificate (postmark date): 3/1/2010
-Received my FBI certificate: 3/5/2010

But the official dates written on my FBI certificate are:
-Received: 12/14/2009
-Returned: 2/23/2010 (this is probably the date when FBI finished processing my case)
-Certificate was dated 2/25/2010
-At the bottom of certificate, "FEB 26 2010" was stamped in red ink
Jasper,

Congratulation buddy, I also checked with my bank and CIC have deposited my cashier check yesterday. They received on Mar 01.

And based on other members I should hear regarding my AOR and Medical from CIC with in 2-4 months?

Will update once I get more info.

Thanks

desikiVAAT

Star Member
Dec 11, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jasper said:
FINALLY, I received my FBI certificate today. Here's my timeline for FBI clearance:

But the official dates written on my FBI certificate are:
-Received: 12/14/2009
-Returned: 2/23/2010 (this is probably the date when FBI finished processing my case)
-Certificate was dated 2/25/2010
-At the bottom of certificate, "FEB 26 2010" was stamped in red ink
Congrats !! This one was a long wait :)

desikiVAAT

Star Member
Dec 11, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
virgos said:
I have finally sent my complete application today to CIC Buffalo with all PCCs.
Will keep updating the forum so that Timelines can be tracked.

8 ) Copy of Passport, non blank pages (Applicant & Spouse)

I hope this helps....
Thanks Virgos- helpful list!

I have a small question....
8)I though we just need to take the copy of first page(which has our name, DOB, date of issue & expiry of passport plus passport number) + current visa page. I have a lot of non-blank pages on my passport..infact just 2-3 blank pages. I tried to check the list but i couldn't find anywhere that we need to send copy of all non-blank pages.... could you let me know if i am missing some page with all this information.

desikiVAAT

Star Member
Dec 11, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
deepfreezed said:
I got the FBI finger print records back. They rejected My wife's FBI finger print request saying they couldn't read the finger prints. Do I send the CIC application without my wife's with explanation? Deadline will certainly expire if I wait for the second FBI finger print attempt.

Anyone done this before?

BTW, answer to below is yes, I asked the question about a week ago in this forum and got no answer.
Question.
Does the FBI en-cash the payment even if there are issues with the fingerprints or missing information? Yes
thanks for info....even i was waiting for someone to reply to your query..... so this means they encashed your MO even though they rejected your wife's Fingerprint.

I suggest you send your CIC application without your wife's FBI report(with letter explaining the reason)....just check 3-4 pages back- i m forgetting the name of the member who has sent it without wife's FBI report (same case as your -wife's fingerprint rejected) and when they checked with FBI they were told that resubmission will take same amount of time- 3 months...so go ahead and submit your application. Also try calling up FBI and checking again about the present timeline for resubmission as FBI has become pretty active past few days.

MyAlberta

May 1, 2009
Jasper said:
Congratulations Jasper.
I think mine and your FBI applications got stuck with same officer. My time line is same as yours.

deepfreezed

Jul 14, 2009
desikiVAAT said:
thanks for info....even i was waiting for someone to reply to your query..... so this means they encashed your MO even though they rejected your wife's Fingerprint.

I suggest you send your CIC application without your wife's FBI report(with letter explaining the reason)....just check 3-4 pages back- i m forgetting the name of the member who has sent it without wife's FBI report (same case as your -wife's fingerprint rejected) and when they checked with FBI they were told that resubmission will take same amount of time- 3 months...so go ahead and submit your application. Also try calling up FBI and checking again about the present timeline for resubmission as FBI has become pretty active past few days.
Yeah, that is my only option right now. FBI is not going to charge for my wife's second attempt. I have to send a new finger print card with information they sent me. I do have another 2 sets of finger prints for my wife taken from the same day. But I don't think those finger print cards will work because they are copies of the same scan taken by the same officer.

Jasper

May 19, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2009 (AINP), 25-03-2010 (CIC)
Doc's Request.
19-11-2009
Nomination.....
23-11-2009
AOR Received.
15-07-2010
Med's Request
15-07-2010
Med's Done....
22-07-2010
Passport Req..
24-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
05-04-2011
LANDED..........
14-06-2011
Thanks, everyone! I'll send my forms/documents to my lawyer on Monday, so my application should reach Buffalo in mid-March. Anyway, I'll update my timeline in the forum.

And I updated your info on spreadsheet, image. And it seems that CIC sends out AOR/Medical in 2-3 months (based on last year's cases). There was one member who submitted his application to Buffalo (without current FBI clearance, if I remember correctly) in late Dec 2009, but I haven't seen any recent news on AOR/Medical receipt in the forum. As long as I know, virgos and you are the first ones who submitted applications with FBI clearance. Let's hope for the best, and all members here will look forward to hearing good news from you guys!

And Congratulations to you, too, Manny!