+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

Mahisharm

Jan 4, 2022
Usually when you apply for refugee protection, IRCC flag you on gcms that triggers Border officers to move traveler to secondary examination. Legally, they want to ensure refugee is in compliance with sec 108 of IRPA. Fast forward after becoming Canadian Citizen, that flag does not automatically removed, it will still be there and you need to reach out to IRCC requesting it to be removed. At primary examination, because of massive arrival of travelers, guideline ask them to expediate arrivals if there is no issue, if there is, then it needs to be addressed at secondary examination. Secondary examination may apply to all, Including Canadian Citizens through in-person or automatic kiosk.
What about failed refugee accepted in H&C . is there any red flag for us too ?

sa5555

Oct 13, 2023
Hello everyone,

Would greatly appreciate if someone can help with my question.

Has anyone applied for H&C and traveled outside Canada? Is it allowed to do so? Would it harm my application?

wello711

Champion Member
Feb 11, 2021
Canada
Category........
Other
Hi,
I called IRCC and they told me that eligibility and security assessment along with medical assessment have not yet been completed but criminality check has been completed. I applied in Nov 2022. What's the average wait time until I hear back about AIP?
I also applied nov 2022 online (second application) AOR january 2023... still waiting

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello everyone,

Would greatly appreciate if someone can help with my question.

Has anyone applied for H&C and traveled outside Canada? Is it allowed to do so? Would it harm my application?
Technically you can do this but it's very unusual. Yes, doing this will significantly weakend your application.

Reactions: bella12 and sa5555

idiris

Aug 3, 2023
Hello Everyone

could you please advise what information we can see on GCMS notes.
Thank you
Information on your application (including when the application was received, when it was opened, the code of the immigration officer who is assigned to the application, application status, and reason for status, assessment like your eligibility, security, criminality and medical.
Any information IRCC has gathered about the applicant.

Reactions: Robin220

Robin220

May 15, 2023
Information on your application (including when the application was received, when it was opened, the code of the immigration officer who is assigned to the application, application status, and reason for status, assessment like your eligibility, security, criminality and medical.
Any information IRCC has gathered about the applicant.
Thank you Idiris