+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Guy's don't decide to study in canada untill you read this post..

rahul247rocks

Star Member
Feb 8, 2014
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Done....
6-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2014
reading a post like this on the eve of my college application is so scary and confusing. Hey if anyone is studying in Canada I want your quick reply. I am going there for 2 years IT diploma at Southern Alberta Institute of Technology (SAIT). My expectation is to find a decent job within 6 months of completing my course. I plan to work at least 4-5 years. Are these realistic expectations?

Since, I am from Web Designing background I also plan to do some freelance work for my part-time income. Maybe also get a part time job to cover up my living expenses. When I see a post like this (my parents also read this)...it worries them and me. I am going to Canada to experience an independent life and work in a different atmosphere. Please don't be so negative or at least give justified reasons for your point. I wish my parents never read this post.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
rahul247rocks said:
reading a post like this on the eve of my college application is so scary and confusing. Hey if anyone is studying in Canada I want your quick reply. I am going there for 2 years IT diploma at Southern Alberta Institute of Technology (SAIT). My expectation is to find a decent job within 6 months of completing my course. I plan to work at least 4-5 years. Are these realistic expectations?

Since, I am from Web Designing background I also plan to do some freelance work for my part-time income. Maybe also get a part time job to cover up my living expenses. When I see a post like this (my parents also read this)...it worries them and me. I am going to Canada to experience an independent life and work in a different atmosphere. Please don't be so negative or at least give justified reasons for your point. I wish my parents never read this post.
I am not an expert in the program that you are aiming for. But I do have experience with Post Graduate Work Permit (PGWPP), that you would need to work in Canada. Please refer to the text below.

Once you complete 1 year of work on a PGWPP, you'll be eligible to apply for Permanent Residency under the Canadian Experience Class (assuming your program of study qualifies). If you manage to get that, then yes you can work for longer.

Again, I'm not an expert in the IT field. I'm not sure if your program qualifies for a Post Graduate Work Permit. I would suggest to check with the respective University or College to confirm.

A work permit under the PGWPP may be issued for the length of the study program, up to a maximum of three years. A post-graduation work permit cannot be valid for longer than the student's study program, and the study program must be a minimum of eight months in length. For example, if you graduate from a four-year degree program, you could be eligible for a three-year work permit if you meet the criteria. If you graduate from an eight-month certificate program, you would be eligible for a work permit that is valid for no more than eight months.

More details here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-postgrad.asp

vipsv

Star Member
Jun 3, 2013
razerblade said:
Mind sharing which company your friend is working for ? Making USD$15,000 per month for a Software Tester/QA type of job seems ridiculous. If there is such a company out there, I would like to apply!
Microsoft,

rahul247rocks

Star Member
Feb 8, 2014
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Done....
6-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2014
razerblade said:
I am not an expert in the program that you are aiming for. But I do have experience with Post Graduate Work Permit (PGWPP), that you would need to work in Canada. Please refer to the text below.

Once you complete 1 year of work on a PGWPP, you'll be eligible to apply for Permanent Residency under the Canadian Experience Class (assuming your program of study qualifies). If you manage to get that, then yes you can work for longer.

Again, I'm not an expert in the IT field. I'm not sure if your program qualifies for a Post Graduate Work Permit. I would suggest to check with the respective University or College to confirm.

A work permit under the PGWPP may be issued for the length of the study program, up to a maximum of three years. A post-graduation work permit cannot be valid for longer than the student's study program, and the study program must be a minimum of eight months in length. For example, if you graduate from a four-year degree program, you could be eligible for a three-year work permit if you meet the criteria. If you graduate from an eight-month certificate program, you would be eligible for a work permit that is valid for no more than eight months.
I checked all the requirements for PGWP after completing 2 years diploma (full time) in IT. I think as per their requirements I am eligible for the work permit provided I get good grades. Yeah, I hope everything falls into place and with a bit of hard work I can get a decent job after my course. However, one information that I desperately need is the state of IT job market in Canada especially for international students. Also, I don't have any previous IT background so my next best option is to go for new media and production. If you can help me out with some more info or give me a contact of someone in this field then it would be great.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
rahul247rocks said:
I checked all the requirements for PGWP after completing 2 years diploma (full time) in IT. I think as per their requirements I am eligible for the work permit provided I get good grades. Yeah, I hope everything falls into place and with a bit of hard work I can get a decent job after my course. However, one information that I desperately need is the state of IT job market in Canada especially for international students. Also, I don't have any previous IT background so my next best option is to go for new media and production. If you can help me out with some more info or give me a contact of someone in this field then it would be great.
Unfortunately, I do not have information about the IT field. Best bet is to either wait for someone else to comment or start a new thread on this forum. Should attract some people with IT background.

Good luck to you!

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
rahul247rocks said:
well if ur hoping to pay off all u spent on tuition and other expenses by working for 5 years i highly doubt that unless u get a high paying job......after education lets assume u get a job in 6 months which is an entry level job for a diploma holder. then in that job I am sure u wont be able to save even $1000 a month. as u start ur job ur expenses go up to...like if ur not in a big city u may need a car, then there is car insurance , then there is tax which goes up as ur no longer a student. so if someone has told u that u can make 2-3 laks rupees a month they r lying(most agents tell this to people in india). . this is for indians dont know about other countries.

Ambitious15

Star Member
Jan 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi friends

I just have a confusion about this : If I got a job with the starting salary of 50000 CAD annual, can you tell me what will be my saving ? considering that I will spent about 10 000$ on living expenses. I just don't know what will be the amount dedacted for taxes but I'm sure it won't exceed 20 000$ annual so 50 000 - 30 000 = 20 000 isn't that the tuition for many programs leading to direct CSQ in Quebec ?
and all of you agreed that part time jobs can cover rent and food ...etc especially if one pursued in college for technical or vocational diploma then he can work off campus easilly without the academic pressure of univerity am I right ?
I don't expect a lot from canada, I just want to make a good career, enjoy the country in summer, get the permanent residency, and if I found a job in my home country (they appreciate the canadian experience) I will definetly come back that's it.

rahul247rocks

Star Member
Feb 8, 2014
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Done....
6-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2014
mead said:
well if ur hoping to pay off all u spent on tuition and other expenses by working for 5 years i highly doubt that unless u get a high paying job......after education lets assume u get a job in 6 months which is an entry level job for a diploma holder. then in that job I am sure u wont be able to save even $1000 a month. as u start ur job ur expenses go up to...like if ur not in a big city u may need a car, then there is car insurance , then there is tax which goes up as ur no longer a student. so if someone has told u that u can make 2-3 laks rupees a month they r lying(most agents tell this to people in india). . this is for indians dont know about other countries.
Well my primary goal is to do a good job so that I can use the money to live comfortably. My parents said not to worry about the money rather concentrate on my studies and get a good job after completing the education. I on the other hand want to pay off some of the tuition fees. Also, I want to ask:

My parents are arranging the tuition fees + GIC 10000 dollars. One thing that I am really keen to know is whether its possible to accumulate the living expense for the 2nd year doing part time. I don't want my parents to pay any more money.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
rahul247rocks said:
Well my primary goal is to do a good job so that I can use the money to live comfortably. My parents said not to worry about the money rather concentrate on my studies and get a good job after completing the education. I on the other hand want to pay off some of the tuition fees. Also, I want to ask:

My parents are arranging the tuition fees + GIC 10000 dollars. One thing that I am really keen to know is whether its possible to accumulate the living expense for the 2nd year doing part time. I don't want my parents to pay any more money.
Part time usually only gets you pocket money - for say your food expenses. I assume you're talking about odd jobs like working in cafes etc, they pay minimum wage of around ~$9-$10 per hour.

sivasankar541

Feb 14, 2014
my friends are happy finding their jobs there and are well paid bro ! it might be only your case ! better you get work hard and find s job ! where there is a will there is a way !

singh-ak

Sep 18, 2013
Ambitious15 said:
hi friends

I just have a confusion about this : If I got a job with the starting salary of 50000 CAD annual, can you tell me what will be my saving ? considering that I will spent about 10 000$ on living expenses. I just don't know what will be the amount dedacted for taxes but I'm sure it won't exceed 20 000$ annual so 50 000 - 30 000 = 20 000 isn't that the tuition for many programs leading to direct CSQ in Quebec ?
and all of you agreed that part time jobs can cover rent and food ...etc especially if one pursued in college for technical or vocational diploma then he can work off campus easilly without the academic pressure of univerity am I right ?
I don't expect a lot from canada, I just want to make a good career, enjoy the country in summer, get the permanent residency, and if I found a job in my home country (they appreciate the canadian experience) I will definetly come back that's it.
Why no reply on above issue

Hpanjola69

Star Member
Feb 17, 2014
prakashgupta said:
There's nothing to laugh bro in my times UK is the best country to make money but recently they changed the rule i regret for that................

In Australia and USA(in present situation forget about European countries cause they changed the rules but in our times those are the best countries to make a lot of money)
In Canada u wont get decent salaries.......except if u r a IT/CSC student, If u r studying any core subjects,MBA etc etc u wont get a job in u r field, if u r a it/csc student you can make the double money in Australia/USA than here (best example is one of my friend is working here for 6000CAD per month(he is a software application tester) and another friend in California(USA) is making 15000 US $ for the same job) so if u compared this in terms of our money u can find the real difference......that's the reason most of the students DON'T prefer CANADA and fly's to USA and Australia and don't think u r a hero to make difference once if u r here u must change yourself......

so according to me if u are the one who wants to earn money and fly back to India for settlement then don't prefer Canada,, in present Situation USA, Australia are the best Countries k prefer them

Some stupids will tell that in Australia the cost of living is high don't trust them,(A simple example, Common-sense will reveal this why do people from villages in Maharashtra comes to Mumbai? as the expenses are double, triple in Mumbai when compare to their native places cause they want to earn money! a street sweeper in a village will earn 4000rs but in Mumbai they make minimum 8000-12000 so if u spend 5000rs living in Mumbai u can save 7000rs k that's the technique and a difference of 50-100$ is not really a huge difference
(in Toronto u have to spend around 600-700 for the same life style in Australia u have to spend 700-800 that's it but the minimum wage in Canada is 10.25CAD but in Australia it is 15.75 k)and coming to tuition u have to choose courses, colleges which are cheaper u can easily find university study in Australia for 18000AUD example(CQU, CSU etc etc..) but in Canada for a stupid useless PG diploma u have to spend 13000-15000CAD which after completing it is not useful to wipe u r ass also remember it k..... don't prefer university ranking if u have stuff u can easily land a job there are many students who are jobless who are studied in Harvard in real world college name or fame does not help you except u r marks which are easily gain able in low ranked university

and also main thing don't do PG diplomas here guys they are not much useful.....they can secure a job as a general laborer here k.....maximum aim for Masters so that u can get a decent job......

MSG me if u have any doubts k.......
hahaahahaaha.......what an explanation. I have never seen a negative like you. Have you ever visited UK. Lollllz. preshan aatma.....lolz....a famous punjabi saying dusre k underwear me lann hamesha badda lagda a.thats for you mate......visit other countries and you will realize

syrust

Jul 22, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
no
Hpanjola69 said:
hahaahahaaha.......what an explanation. I have never seen a negative like you. Have you ever visited UK. Lollllz. preshan aatma.....lolz....a famous punjabi saying dusre k underwear me lann hamesha badda lagda a.thats for you mate......visit other countries and you will realize
Bai ji.. I was laughing so bad on this one, you are right actually all this information on this forum was provided by the person who started I never even thought of saying anything in this forum... really you have made my day by calling him preshan aatma and punjabi saying.

Hpanjola69

Star Member
Feb 17, 2014
es tarah de ande hamesha ronde rende ne. Tu kahto ni england move ho janda. Aaja tennu southall market ch kam te lawa dwange £2 per hour.lolz