Guideline for Applicatant for Entry, given to me after being denied entry

sogwap

Feb 18, 2010
Indiana
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Note: The following is a word for word copy of a letter given to me after being denied entry to Canada. I assume this list is intended for applicants that do not require a visa.

From Canada Border Services Agency

At this time, there is a question regarding your admissibility to Canada as temporary resident (visitor/tourist/worker/student). In order for Immigration Officials to make a fair assessment of your status and intentions, please provide this office with the items indicated below:

1. EVIDENCE OF CITIZENSHIP (valid passport, birth certificate, Naturalization Certificate)
2. EVIDENCE OF EMPLOYMENT (recent pay stubs , employment ID, current letter from employer, etc.)
3. PROOF OF FOREIGN RESIDENCE (recent rent receipts, copy of mortgage, deed, various utility bills.)
4. EVIDENCE OF FINANCIAL SUPPORT (bank statements, savings/checking account, transaction books, income tax forms, etc.)
5. EVIDENCE OF FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE (current stubs from unemployment insurance, welfare, disability pension, etc.)
6. EVIDENCE PERTAINING TO EDUCATIONAL TIES/APPLICATION TO STUDY IN CANADA (valid school ID, letter from school official, letter of acceptance, outline and duration of course(s), proof of student loans/funds, etc.)
7. INCOME TAX (most recent and past forms).
8. CONFIRMED MEANS OF DEPARTURE FROM CANADA (airline, bus, train tickets with time and date indicated).
9. SUFFICIENT FUNDS OR ADEQUATE ARRANGEMENTS FOR YOUR INTENDED TRIP (cash, travellers checks, letter from your Canadian host stating they will provide for your financial and medical support/accommodations).
10. DESTINATION IN CANADA (address, telephone number, name of relative or friend).
11. DOCUMENTATION SUPPORTING BUSINESS IN CANADA (letter of introduction from employer stating purpose and duration of trip, copy of sales agreement/contract, offer of employment, HRDC Labour Market Assessment, credentials/educational degrees, etc.)
12. DOCUMENTATION REGARDING CRIMINALITY (police certificates, court dispositions, notice to appear in court, etc.)
13. OTHER_________________________________________________________________________________

NOTE: This list is intended as a guideline to assist you in meeting the requirements for entry to Canada as a temporary resident. This is not to be construed as a guarantee of entry to Canada.

kelKel

Champion Member
Apr 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2010
AOR Received.
17-11-2010
File Transfer...
04-11-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
03-03-2011
The above is the reason my bf has decided to stay put until it's all over. I'm very sorry to hear of your situation.

sogwap

Feb 18, 2010
Indiana
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My biggest mistake was winging it at the border. At the time I was thinking more about the potential drive back to Canada.

Since I have crossed several dozen times in the past 2-3 years, I thought after a few questions I would be allowed back in to be with my wife.
If I had spend an hour or less in preparation I believe could have gave them sufficient assurance at least to stay several weeks.
Instead I gave them several uncertain answers which marked my fate. Also if my wife would have been with me, I believe it would have been better since we would have at least briefly talked about it before. And they could physically see that she will support me while I am in Canada.

Jeff

Star Member
Aug 29, 2006
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-12-2010
AOR Received.
10-03-2011
File Transfer...
13-01-2011
Med's Done....
10-09-2010
Passport Req..
01-08-2011
My wife got the exact same thing last time she came. One guy was cool about it and was giving her a one week stay but we had to wait for her mom to reach the border as well (they were visiting for a week) and by the time she got there that border guy was off duty and the other guy denied them access.

Today, my wife is flying in and trying to enter Canada for the first time since that day (that was in May). She has her last few pay stubs, last couple months bank statements, last tax return, round trip flight, letter from her employer stating work is shutting down for three weeks for renovations and she is expected back after that time, letter from me that I will support her financially while here, and a couple envelopes with her current mailing address.

I am filled with worry when she lands at the airport tonight (6:30pm EST) but am hoping it goes smoothly for her. For the last five plus years we had been traveling back and forth across the border to see each other (we got married in 2010) and never had an issue until that one day and since that day in May I got to see her a week in July down at her place, a week in December at her place. So two weeks out of six months all because one guy decided he "didn't believe she was going to leave Canada".