+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Great Citizenship Programme Improvements With The New Rules

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good Day

Yesterday I came back in Canada after a long absence and I forgot on what day I left for the last time Canada. I went to the CBSA officer to let him know that I can't fulfil by declaration card , because I don't remember my exit date.
The agent checked on his computer and for my surprise , all my exits and entries were on his screen.
He said that now all that information is available to CIC also in a way to determine the physical presence for the citizenship.

So congratulations to all of you who have applied or soon going to apply with the currently operated physical presence rules.

Hamid khan

Champion Member
Apr 29, 2013
MUFC said:
Good Day

Yesterday I came back in Canada after a long absence and I forgot on what day I left for the last time Canada. I went to the CBSA officer to let him know that I can't fulfil by declaration card , because I don't remember my exit date.
The agent checked on his computer and for my surprise , all my exits and entries were on his screen.
He said that now all that information is available to CIC also in a way to determine the physical presence for the citizenship.

So congratulations to all of you who have applied or soon going to apply with the currently operated physical presence rules.

So you mean now a days Cic also have the exit or entry date
So when I will apply my citizenship it wouldn't be much issue to prove how many days I was not in Canada

ambient2

May 30, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MUFC said:
Good Day

another reason for CIC to grill you if you somehow miscalculated your dates.
Rest assure, RQ is here to stay. That process makes CIC to work longer hours on one application just to keep money flow, applicants frustrated, and questioning his/her commitment to the Country who doesn't care about them at all.

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hamid khan said:
So you mean now a days Cic also have the exit or entry date
So when I will apply my citizenship it wouldn't be much issue to prove how many days I was not in Canada
The CBSA officer asked me how did I left Canada the last time by Air or By Land, when I said by Air, he mentioned that now they got all the Exits which they will share that database with CIC for the purpose of the citizenship programme.

He turned the screen towards me, and I saw all my Exits and all of them seemed correct.
It looks like now they got much more advanced tools to use.
The interesting thing was that he mentioned that all the Exits database for the Air travel is provided with collaboration with another independent agency.

My best guess is that this are the airline companies, something related with them for sure. Because I have never been inspected by CBSA officer on my Exits, but surprisingly suddenly all my Exits were on the agents screen.

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ambient2 said:
another reason for CIC to grill you if you somehow miscalculated your dates.
Rest assure, RQ is here to stay. That process makes CIC to work longer hours on one application just to keep money flow, applicants frustrated, and questioning his/her commitment to the Country who doesn't care about them at all.
I am not following the citizenship story for a very long time. But interestingly I just glimpsed most the threads After June and at least I didn't see any RQ. Maybe it is still valid for those who have applied under the old rules.

But I agree that now the calculation of the physical days when we declare all out travels has to be very accurately done.

arambi

Aug 16, 2014
Welcome back MUFC !!! It's been a while ..... I was wondering what happened to you... good to see you are back.

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
arambi said:
Welcome back MUFC !!! It's been a while ..... I was wondering what happened to you... good to see you are back.
Cheers arambi

I was traveling abroad for a long time. Decided that it is appropriate time to do it, while waiting this Conservative party to get defeated, because under their ruling I didn't trust CIC.

Seems like now the things has changed for better with the Liberals and even CIC has changed it's name to IRCC. Good stuff.

Hamid khan

Champion Member
Apr 29, 2013
MUFC said:
The CBSA officer asked me how did I left Canada the last time by Air or By Land, when I said by Air, he mentioned that now they got all the Exits which they will share that database with CIC for the purpose of the citizenship programme.

He turned the screen towards me, and I saw all my Exits and all of them seemed correct.
It looks like now they got much more advanced tools to use.
The interesting thing was that he mentioned that all the Exits database for the Air travel is provided with collaboration with another independent agency.

My best guess is that this are the airline companies, something related with them for sure. Because I have never been inspected by CBSA officer on my Exits, but surprisingly suddenly all my Exits were on the agents screen.
did you saw that was cic website or cbs website

arambi

Aug 16, 2014
Yep, the "Cons" are out... That's probably the best thing that happened to Canada and to most on this forum.
Even though we've seen few positive changes in CIC/IRCC processes, having the Cons out is already a big relief and something to truly celebrate.

Amendments to the SCCA are already in motion... and with Cons out, the best is yet to come.

Stay in touch.

MUFC said:
Cheers arambi

I was traveling abroad for a long time. Decided that it is appropriate time to do it, while waiting this Conservative party to get defeated, because under their ruling I didn't trust CIC.

Seems like now the things has changed for better with the Liberals and even CIC has changed it's name to IRCC. Good stuff.

YNSAFDARI

Star Member
Feb 6, 2016
Friends I was really happy to see that change has come, but believe you me, nothing much has changed with CIC/IRCC processes, or probably I am so frustrated waiting for my OATH for more than 4 months that I feel it that way.!!

cooldoc80

Nov 1, 2010
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
No PPR yet , just Passport Biopage request
LANDED..........
I'm Dreaming of July/2015
guys dont be pessimistic , everything has changes , a law is being discussed to reduce the citizenship to 3 years , people applying for citizenship now are getting it within less than a year or sometimes even 6 months!!!

I wanted to ask if MUFC if those exits that the officer showed you included any travels you mad by land ????or its just for air?

thanks

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cooldoc80 said:
guys dont be pessimistic , everything has changes , a law is being discussed to reduce the citizenship to 3 years , people applying for citizenship now are getting it within less than a year or sometimes even 6 months!!!

I wanted to ask if MUFC if those exits that the officer showed you included any travels you mad by land ????or its just for air?

thanks
First he asked me how did I left Canada last time by Air or by Land, when I answered by Air he said that now they have it on their system, he turned the screen towards me and all my Exits by Air seemed correct.
I guess they have a separate log for the land border crossing information.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
MUFC said:
Good Day

But in the report that I recently requested - just out of curiosity to see what it looks like- I only see arrival records, no departure records at all, and I have only been using Pearson airport to go in/out of Canada

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
itsmyid said:
But in the report that I recently requested - just out of curiosity to see what it looks like- I only see arrival records, no departure records at all, and I have only been using Pearson airport to go in/out of Canada
This is normal. Even when ATIP is ordered , it will not show the actual full profile information they got on file from third part sources.

They just share a portion of what they actually have as pool of information with the general public.

I am sure that CBSA will share your Entries and Exits with IRCC if you are going to apply under the strict physical presence rules.