+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got VISA and COPR..Thanks to all.Is december right time to land.seniors plz help

immi_aspirant

Apr 1, 2012
Dear All forum members,

We got our Visa stamping and COPR last month. There was some gender misprint issue which we got rectified.

I am planning to land alone first and my family will fly 3-4 months later.

I have one important question. when should I land.

I am from IT background with 7 years of exp. I am good at coordinating with others and getting things done directly or through the team work.

I am planning to go in December 2012. Some people have been saying that there are no jobs at that time and its too cold.

Dear Seniors and all.I need your expert suggestions and guidance on:

1) Whether December a good time to start job hunt?
2) What are the accommodation options available on room sharing basis and are basements available?
3) Which place should I go in Greater Toronto Area? Toronto, Mississauga or Brompton Or Markham.

Looking forward towards replies from all the seniors. Qorax,PMM,scorpio.

Best Regards,
Immi Aspirant.

Chiragmak

Aug 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 JUNE 2011
AOR Received.
10 JULY 2011
File Transfer...
17 AUG 2011
Med's Request
14 JUNE 2012
Med's Done....
24 JULY 2012
Interview........
CALL TO EMPLOYER ON AUG.2012
Passport Req..
14 JUNE 2012
VISA ISSUED...
SAI KRIPA SE BAHUT JALD
LANDED..........
JAI SHREE KRISHNA VERY SOON
when did u get your visa?
how much time does it take to get the paspport stamped from the day of line medical received?
i got that line on 3rd august but stii didnt get decision made

explorer101

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
>>> Most of the companies do not hire in december unless they can not do without it.

2) What are the accommodation options available on room sharing basis and are basements available?
>> easy to get, cause less people land in this month.

3) Which place should I go in Greater Toronto Area? Toronto, Mississauga or Brompton Or Markham.
>>>everything is going to be on temporary basis till one gets job, you can move to the place of your job where ever you are. Stay anywhere you like, see that it is near a public transport.

immi_aspirant

Apr 1, 2012
explorer101 said:
>>> Most of the companies do not hire in december unless they can not do without it.

>> easy to get, cause less people land in this month.

>>>everything is going to be on temporary basis till one gets job, you can move to the place of your job where ever you are. Stay anywhere you like, see that it is near a public transport.
Thanks Explorer for your valuable advice. Will take note of this. Would you mind sharing your contact details(please PM me) as I would like to get in touch with you. I hope you will oblige.

Warm Regards,
Immi_Aspirant

DSD

Star Member
Oct 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with the Application
immi_aspirant said:
Dear All forum members,

We got our Visa stamping and COPR last month. There was some gender misprint issue which we got rectified.

I am planning to land alone first and my family will fly 3-4 months later.

I have one important question. when should I land.

I am from IT background with 7 years of exp. I am good at coordinating with others and getting things done directly or through the team work.

I am planning to go in December 2012. Some people have been saying that there are no jobs at that time and its too cold.

Dear Seniors and all.I need your expert suggestions and guidance on:

Looking forward towards replies from all the seniors. Qorax,PMM,scorpio.

Best Regards,
Immi Aspirant.
Dear immi_aspirant ,
First of all many congratulations... ur landing canada soon, which is still a DREAM for many of us !!!
Since you too from IT background, i wud like to tak piece of advice from you/..
I and My husband want to move to canada..
We both are SAP Consultant with 4 yrs of experience... with masters degree...
Do you think we sud apply for canada PR ?? Are we eligible ? under which cateory we sud apply ? sud we take federal route or sud we take quebec route..
wen sud we apply and before applying which kind of prepartions do we need to take ..???
Pl share your opinions, it wud be very helpful to us ..

Thanks
-DSD

immi_aspirant

Apr 1, 2012
Thanks DSD for your wishes.

AFAIK FSW immi is closed since July and expected to open after December.

Keep checking the CIC website for the updates and also the new NOC list. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/index.asp

There is good chances that IT will appear in new NOC. You can consider other NOC if it does not.

I am not aware about QSW process. You can check about it from here:
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/index.html

Though I have heard their are good scope for IT in Qubec.

Do let me know which route you finally choose.

Rgds,
Immi_Aspirant

DSD said:
Dear immi_aspirant ,
First of all many congratulations... ur landing canada soon, which is still a DREAM for many of us !!!
Since you too from IT background, i wud like to tak piece of advice from you/..
I and My husband want to move to canada..
We both are SAP Consultant with 4 yrs of experience... with masters degree...
Do you think we sud apply for canada PR ?? Are we eligible ? under which cateory we sud apply ? sud we take federal route or sud we take quebec route..
wen sud we apply and before applying which kind of prepartions do we need to take ..???
Pl share your opinions, it wud be very helpful to us ..

Thanks
-DSD

bonvista

Star Member
Jun 18, 2010
London
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-11-2009
Doc's Request.
10-05-2010
AOR Received.
10-01-2010
IELTS Request
10-05-2010
File Transfer...
10-01-2010
Med's Request
23-06-12
Med's Done....
03-07-12
Interview........
waived (Alhamdolillah)
Passport Req..
15-11-12
VISA ISSUED...
23-11-2012
LANDED..........
INSHALLAH in 2013
Hi immi_inspirant,

Many many Congratulations, we pray for your bright future in Canada. By the way would you please share ur timeline, When u applied/ send documnets/ Medical done/ Visa Office,

Regards

Dec 7, 2012
Hi immi inspirant
can u tell me how much time did the misprinting of gender took after u sent the documents back. I received my COPR and Visas last tue sday but when i was checking them for mistakes i found that they had mistakenly printed one passport number incorrectly i have written to the high commission of Canada, so should i wait until i hear from them or should i send my misprinted documents directly to the issuing authority?
thanks in advance

immi_aspirant

Apr 1, 2012
Hi Yousuf,

Mis-printing of passport number is big mistake and If you have already informed the VO then you should wait till you get their reply.

Thanks
IA