ali_685

Jun 13, 2011
Pakistan
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Assalam-o-Aliekum everyone

First of all i must say that this is an awesome forum. I am a newbie here and was really impressed by the way people are willing to help each other on this forum.

Now coming to the point, i got the offer letter from Concordia University on 6th july...I have a few questions and will be really greatful if anyone can answer them specially pakistani students:

1- As the university is in quebec, so i have to apply for CAQ.....can anybody tell how many days does it take to get the CAQ through email....Obviously i ll get it late through post....and secondly can i apply with that email version of CAQ to the embassy?

2- As the classes begin from September 6th, the time is really short and i am not really sure i ll get there in time or not.....So i just want to ask is there any slim chance of getting the visa and reaching there before the classes start....considering that CAQ will also take some time....

Waiting for ur kind replies...

schizo2

Mar 22, 2011
Peshawar
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wallikumsalam...congrats on getting offer admission..well yes you have to apply for CAQ.It normally takes them a month to issue your CAQ and it takes atleast 10 days for CAQ to reach your address via post after issuing.yes you can apply for caq even without getting the original caq because the quebec government sends a copy of your caq to their islamabad embassy too.About visa it is generally advised to apply atleast 3 months prior to commencement of your classes. as your classes are on 6th sept there are very slim chances of you getting a visa in time.Now adays canada visa processing in pakistan is 10weeks.so you should allow atleast 3 months for your visa time.i would suggest you to defer your admission till next session i.e jan intake and apply for visa in oct or nov.
Good Luck

lonebird

Star Member
Jun 5, 2011
lahore
Visa Office......
CHC ISB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-2011
IELTS Request
Med's Request
11-06-2011
Med's Done....
20-06-2011
Passport Req..
11-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
28-07-2011
LANDED..........
INSHALLAH
congr8 ali on getting admission in concordia....schizo2 is right...u have to defer it

rhasan

May 3, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2015
Doc's Request.
21-11-2015
Nomination.....
23-11-2015
ali_685 said:
Assalam-o-Aliekum everyone

First of all i must say that this is an awesome forum. I am a newbie here and was really impressed by the way people are willing to help each other on this forum.

Now coming to the point, i got the offer letter from Concordia University on 6th july...I have a few questions and will be really greatful if anyone can answer them specially pakistani students:

1- As the university is in quebec, so i have to apply for CAQ.....can anybody tell how many days does it take to get the CAQ through email....Obviously i ll get it late through post....and secondly can i apply with that email version of CAQ to the embassy?

2- As the classes begin from September 6th, the time is really short and i am not really sure i ll get there in time or not.....So i just want to ask is there any slim chance of getting the visa and reaching there before the classes start....considering that CAQ will also take some time....

Waiting for ur kind replies...
Accept the offer, pay the deferral fee of $25 and ask them to send you the deferral of admission letter. After getting the deferral approved and getting hold of the document, apply for CAQ.

ali_685

Jun 13, 2011
Pakistan
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hmmm thats perhaps not gud news for me....anyways thanks for ur help.....i appreciate it.....best of luck to all of u....do pray for me too

ali_685

Jun 13, 2011
Pakistan
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
One more thing guys.....can i apply for caq and visa at the same time?? i mean is it possible that i submit my documents and passport to embassy for visa process with a letter stating that i have applied for caq and will provide as soon as it is available....can i do this?? or i have to wait untill i get caq and then apply in embassy?

adnan_wns

Star Member
Aug 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad, Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
as far I know you will have to apply for CAQ first than you will apply for visa.
you cant apply both at the same time because CHC will process your case after having CAQ.

fahad83

Oct 12, 2010
Hi
@ali
can you please post how much GMAT and IELTS score you required to get admission in concordia

ali_685

Jun 13, 2011
Pakistan
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@Fahad

I didnt have a GMAT since i was applying for an engineering degree. My IELTS was 7.5

leousman

Jul 3, 2011
Aslam o alaikum !!

Can anyone please help? If my course costs around $13k a year and is for 2 years, how much money would I have to show in my bank?

Thank guys

rhasan

May 3, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2015
Doc's Request.
21-11-2015
Nomination.....
23-11-2015
leousman said:
Aslam o alaikum !!

Can anyone please help? If my course costs around $13k a year and is for 2 years, how much money would I have to show in my bank?

Thank guys
You have to show atleast a year worth of expense (better if two) + continuous source of income of your sponsor (to proof that he/she can provide your 2nd year expense too). If your sponsor shows more than two years of expense (like 1.5 times), then continuous income can be relaxed. This is in case of sponsor (if your sponsor shows exactly the expenditure amount without showing how he can sustain his own cost, your visa will be rejected on the basis of insufficient fund).

In case of self funding, showing two year expenditure is good enough (given that you don't have any dependent or else same rule as that of sponsor applies).