+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got rejected twice with average score and good ielts score

dudePUNJABI

May 5, 2015
Hi, I am resident of Punjab,India. I completed my +2 ARTS with CBSE and got an average of 60%. My Ielts score were 7. 6 was the lowest in speaking module. In december of last year I applied to niagra college with hospitality. I got a refusal letter marked with other reasons. This time I applied in march for may intake in selkirk college, castlegar under general and today i got rejected. Twice. It has been very hard emotionaly for me and my family as this time I chose associate of arts as subject and thought it was impossible to get rejected now I want to know that is this thing happening more ,recently? or is it just bad luck. I want to apply a third time but i'm afraid as my agent tells me if I'm rejected the third time I won't be able to go to other countries as well. They say if Canada is where you really want to go, you should wait for year and a half which seems very long and tiring to me as I can't focus doing anything else. Please advise

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What does your rejection letter actually say? Is it a rejection letter from the academic institution for the course, or from CIC for the study permit?

dental15

Oct 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dudePUNJABI said:
Hi, I am resident of Punjab,India. I completed my +2 ARTS with CBSE and got an average of 60%. My Ielts score were 7. 6 was the lowest in speaking module. In december of last year I applied to niagra college with hospitality. I got a refusal letter marked with other reasons. This time I applied in march for may intake in selkirk college, castlegar under general and today i got rejected. Twice. It has been very hard emotionaly for me and my family as this time I chose associate of arts as subject and thought it was impossible to get rejected now I want to know that is this thing happening more ,recently? or is it just bad luck. I want to apply a third time but i'm afraid as my agent tells me if I'm rejected the third time I won't be able to go to other countries as well. They say if Canada is where you really want to go, you should wait for year and a half which seems very long and tiring to me as I can't focus doing anything else. Please advise
Sometimes, CIC check your age, social status and education background. I see that some people who have a kid or marriage, they tend to be rejected. Are you single? How old are you? and are u the first child in your family? In my case, no matter what I take a course in Canada, study permit approved unlike other applicants. I chose the different course with my previous study. I dont have good ielts score like 7, either.

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
I really don't know the minimum requirements of the institutions you are applying to but I think that maybe you are not meeting those requirements... For example for me 60% is kind of low.. But of course that depends on your institution... And maybe ielts of 6.0 in one section may not work for them... Just try checking you meet all the requirements because if not you are gonna get rejected once more...

dudePUNJABI

May 5, 2015
Lammawitch said:
What does your rejection letter actually say? Is it a rejection letter from the academic institution for the course, or from CIC for the study permit?
They tick marked the last option which is : Other reasons.

scorpio1641

Apr 12, 2014
Visa Office......
VFS Cebu
App. Filed.......
16-02-2015
Med's Request
17-02-2015 / Med. Furtherance Request: 09-03-2015
Med's Done....
26-02-2015 / Furtherance Done: 10-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
LANDED..........
23-08-2015
^^ in that case, you need to see your CAIPS notes for the definite reason why you were refused

varun_123

Star Member
Nov 26, 2014
Visa Office......
chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23 july 2015
IELTS Request
done 7 bands
File Transfer...
27 july 2015
Med's Done....
11-07-15
Interview........
N.A.
VISA ISSUED...
SOON
LANDED..........
hopefully soon (;
dudePUNJABI said:
you shouldve applied for Caips note after your first rejection,
scorpio1641 said:
^^ in that case, you need to see your CAIPS notes for the definite reason why you were refused

can you specify what are few reasons for rejection in "other reason".

harry321

Dec 25, 2012
chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dudePUNJABI said:
Am on the same boat buddy. Rejected with odr reasons, den with course not relevant reason.
Now applying for third time ... Already applied for the caips, it will arrive this month and at the end will apply with very strong sop.

dudePUNJABI

May 5, 2015
harry321 said:
Am on the same boat buddy. Rejected with odr reasons, den with course not relevant reason.
Now applying for third time ... Already applied for the caips, it will arrive this month and at the end will apply with very strong sop.
Thank you everyone, I had no idea about caips notes and neither did my dumb agent, will apply from another agent and gonna apply for a caips notes(how much time will it take for Caips notes to arrive?). If I get rejected for a third time will my chances decrease for other countries?

btw harry please PM me your contacts, I could use some information and i'm really feeling like I'm in the dark so please help a fellow :)

msh_ca

Star Member
Aug 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dudePUNJABI said:
Thank you everyone, I had no idea about caips notes and neither did my dumb agent, will apply from another agent and gonna apply for a caips notes(how much time will it take for Caips notes to arrive?). If I get rejected for a third time will my chances decrease for other countries?

btw harry please PM me your contacts, I could use some information and i'm really feeling like I'm in the dark so please help a fellow :)
You should prepare strong SOP based on your CAIPS note, I already applied for 3rd times and waiting for the result. will let you know when I get my result.
Expecting it in next week.

OrcaBayVan

Star Member
Feb 4, 2015
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have students from India and Punjab region specifically that have applied and being accepted for Hospitality to our College in Vancouver.

We rarely get rejections but we are upfront and honest with the Students to see if they meet the basic IELTS and Financial criteria otherwise we don't process the application.

You can always apply again after a rejection but you need to be very specific about your reasons and exceed the minimum requirements as set out by CIC.

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
dudePUNJABI said:

There are some Web pages where you can order your caip notes... Something between 50-120$ it depends also on whether you want interpretation or not....
The usually take some more than a month...

It you have someone living in Canada (permanent resident or citizen) who can ask for them directly could accelerate things up for you..