+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got my VISA, 117 days later (CHC ISB-PAKISTAN)

TheHaiderRaja

Star Member
May 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
So i got my visa today after 117 days shukaralhamdulilah and thanks for all the help everyone! :)
I got the call yesterday even though the date on my letter is June 18th. Don't really know why it took so long.

4/23/2011 filled
6/2/2011 got med
8/18/2011 got visa

• I submitted statements from multiple bank accounts(including 1 foreign). So those that were of the opinion that multiple bank accounts cause problems I don't think so.
  • don't submit extra information unless you really think it is very important
  • keep the sop simple, to the point and interesting. i even put a smiley face at the end of my sop

Part of my SOP: (i can't remember where i saved the complete version, and any how there was just one more small paragraph)
I wish to study at Queen's as it has an excellent and well known engineering program. It also has well equipped facilities and provides many extracurricular activities for students such as the formula SAE and Sunrayce teams which are related to my program of study. Queen's is also one of the most selective universities in Canada with a very lengthy application process. So just being accepted is a major achievement.

My overall educational goal will definitely be related to engineering. I wish to get a degree in mechanical engineering but I also don't want to end up with a degree which leads to jobs that I may not be happy doing. As the first year of my program at Queen's will be general engineering, I will have the opportunity to make a better decision regarding my choice of engineering in the second year after having a close look at all disciplines. This is the major reason why I don't wish to pursue higher education neither in the UK nor in Pakistan.

University programs in Pakistan are also not research intensive. These dull programs mostly rely on studying from books and then appearing for exams, with limited practical experience. Extracurricular activities at local universities, mostly debating and model united nations for engineering students are fun but mostly unrelated to engineering. Although studying in Pakistan will be comparatively cheaper, a foreign degree will give me an edge over applicants with Pakistani degrees when applying for a job.

I do not expect to face any problems living in Canada and getting along with people as I've already interacted with people from many different countries while living abroad as a child and having attended schools with mostly expat students. I lived in *****, where I attended ********, and ******, where I attended ******'s oldest English school *****. I'm currently a final year (A2) student at ************** where I've completed my GCE O level and GCE AS. I've also appeared for SAT, SAT Subject Tests, ACT and IELTS

prabhi00

Dec 27, 2010
chandigarh
Category........
Visa Office......
Canadian Consulate General,Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Rejected in 2010
congratulations...............

Good luck for future.. :)

maan2010

Jul 31, 2010
Islamabad
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Request
01-June-2011
Med's Done....
03-June-2011
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
11-August-2011(Stamped on August 5, 2011)
LANDED..........
4-September-2011(Insha'Allah)
Congrats Bro...Have a gr8 future in Canada.

Nightrocker

Feb 27, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2011
Med's Request
08-06-2011
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
24-07-2011
LANDED..........
23-08-2011
TheHaiderRaja said:
So i got my visa today after 117 days shukaralhamdulilah and thanks for all the help everyone! :)
I got the call yesterday even though the date on my letter is June 18th. Don't really know why it took so long.

4/23/2011 filled
6/2/2011 got med
8/18/2011 got visa

• I submitted statements from multiple bank accounts(including 1 foreign). So those that were of the opinion that multiple bank accounts cause problems I don't think so.
  • don't submit extra information unless you really think it is very important
  • keep the sop simple, to the point and interesting. i even put a smiley face at the end of my sop

Part of my SOP: (i can't remember where i saved the complete version, and any how there was just one more small paragraph)
CONGRATULATIONS BROTHER

5hr3wd

Jul 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville --> CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-July-2013
AOR Received.
15-August-2013
Med's Done....
05-June-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 09-July-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 09-July-2014
LANDED..........
15-August-2014
Q*

- don't submit extra information unless you really think it is very important.

Bro I just realized this after submitting my app. Cause i read it on someones post about Canadian VO's Workshop Q&As.
I submitted alot of stuff like my previos IOM reports which i got done for the UK and my dads degree he received in the US.
And All sorts of stuff thinking it'll make my application strong but I think all it did was delayed my app!

So guys try to keep it simple and submit all the important and relevant stuff!

5hr3wd

Jul 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville --> CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-July-2013
AOR Received.
15-August-2013
Med's Done....
05-June-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 09-July-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 09-July-2014
LANDED..........
15-August-2014
And haider buddy, Can you tell me about your LOA? Was it valid through the those 117 process days? Or It expired halfway through and they asked you for a revised one?

aamro1992

Jul 10, 2011
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
14-March-2017
IELTS Request
Waived
Med's Request
Waived
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
05-June-2017
LANDED..........
01-Sep-2017
Congratulations man :D

aamro1992

Jul 10, 2011
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
14-March-2017
IELTS Request
Waived
Med's Request
Waived
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
05-June-2017
LANDED..........
01-Sep-2017
5hr3wd said:
And haider buddy, Can you tell me about your LOA? Was it valid through the those 117 process days? Or It expired halfway through and they asked you for a revised one?
My LOA did not have any expiry date.. I did not even know LOA has a expiry date and i got the study permit :-\

zara1

Aug 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2011
Med's Request
Not Yet
Interview........
Not Yet
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting for decision
LANDED..........
Not Yet
@congrats Haider on a very good sop and also for making it.. All the best!

@aamro do you have any idea if the riyadh office has any particular days on which it issues visas? And do you know how many days they will be closed during ramadan & when?

Zahida

Star Member
Jul 23, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
06-10-2016
AOR Received.
03-01-2017
Med's Request
06-11-2018