+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

got married last year with a canadian but after short time he stoped contecting.

Bushra_Maq

Jun 16, 2012
Hi i got married last year in march. my husband lives in Canada Toronto owning the franchise of Piza Piza ... we got married in Pakistan as both families were basically Pakistani and they use to live in Saudi first but from 2001 onwards they are living in Canada with whole family last year thy came to Pakistan and we got married on 18 march 2011 he lived with me for 10 days and then went back for the business issues .... in last whole year he has not supported me financially and since the start of this year he has stopped contacting me at all and when ever i call him he don't pic. i have sent him my papers to start the immigration process in November, December last year and till yet he hasn't filed it... what i should do now is their any legal way to handle this situation in Canada according to Canadian laws? how can i register my marriage in Canada now? and is their any way i can get financial support from my husband under the Canadian Laws...
what should i do and how should i start ?

ashunandal

Champion Member
Jun 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 26, 2012
File Transfer...
May 1, 2012
Interview........
July 31, 2012 (approved) went "in process" same day
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Visa stamped on August 3, 2012 and passport received back on August 13, 2012
LANDED..........
Oct 21, 2012
Bushra_Maq said:
Hi i got married last year in march. my husband lives in Canada Toronto owning the franchise of Piza Piza ... we got married in Pakistan as both families were basically Pakistani and they use to live in Saudi first but from 2001 onwards they are living in Canada with whole family last year thy came to Pakistan and we got married on 18 march 2011 he lived with me for 10 days and then went back for the business issues .... in last whole year he has not supported me financially and since the start of this year he has stopped contacting me at all and when ever i call him he don't pic. i have sent him my papers to start the immigration process in November, December last year and till yet he hasn't filed it... what i should do now is their any legal way to handle this situation in Canada according to Canadian laws? how can i register my marriage in Canada now? and is their any way i can get financial support from my husband under the Canadian Laws...
hi bushra
sorry to hear that, i think you should wait for a right suggestion from any experienced member and you should contact any good lawyer in pakistan. i am not sure about pakistan but we have this law in (punjab)India for sure, if any girl is having same problems as you mentioned, indian govt. will file a case against canadian husband and he will have to take his wife to canada or live in India with wife and he will have to pay all expenses even for court cases. if he was not interested, he should have told you before marriage. i think his family forced him to get married in pakistan and he refused after returning to Canada. you can try to contact canada high commission in Islamabad and tell them if they dont contact your husband on your behalf, you will contact media. hope you get some good suggestions to bring your life back on track
good luck and keep posting here

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
The problem is no one can force your husband to sponsor you to Canada. If he does not want to sponsor you, he does not have to. In fact, with the way your relationship has progressed, even if he did sponsor you I think the visa officer would deny the application because the marriage is not genuine.

You might have some rights to compensation or support in Pakistan, however, so I suggest you contact a lawyer about your case.

scos

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2012-08-01
AOR Received.
2012-10-16
Med's Request
2013-05-02
Med's Done....
2013-05-07
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
2013-05-02, In-Process: 2013-06-04, Decision Made: 2013-07-25
VISA ISSUED...
2013-07-30
LANDED..........
2013-08-18
It sounds like the marriage was arranged, was it? If so then I think I would also get the families involved since in the end I think they would have more influence than the courts.

SEVEN07

Star Member
Mar 4, 2012
Caracas
Category........
Visa Office......
Caracas-Venezuela
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AUG 2011
AOR Received.
NOV 2011
File Transfer...
JAN 2012
Med's Done....
JUL 2011-JUL 2012
Passport Req..
NOV 2012
VISA ISSUED...
DEC 2012
Bushra_Maq said:
Oh So bad to heard that...But you really love him???? Both of you must talk and try to be honest...If he did not talk to you or care about you its not good for the relation...Good Luck!!!!!

understanding

May 29, 2012
hi bushra, i hope its not to late for a reply.

I am canadian and have legal experience, first, I am sorry to hear of your situation.

If he has not contacted you, and avoids your calls, chances are he does not want to be married to you,

1- you cannot force him to give you sponsor ship
2- support... he is only liable to support you if he sponsored you and he did not.
3 according to candian law, if he is separtated from you and wants no contact, then he is not liable to support you.
4- if you file for a divoce through canada you can ask for support but.. it will only be equal to what he was supporting you with prior.. and he was not so 0 = 0
5- if there is a possibility that he has a wife in canada already, canadas laws state that his marriage to you would not be legal and thus technically you would not even be his wife so even divorce would not be an option..

my advice, talk to his family see if there is any chance to work it out, if not and if he wants nothing to do with you.. seek peace in gos, for god knows whats best and sometimes god give harder trials to the best of people for the better rewards after.. take care and have peace

scos

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2012-08-01
AOR Received.
2012-10-16
Med's Request
2013-05-02
Med's Done....
2013-05-07
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
2013-05-02, In-Process: 2013-06-04, Decision Made: 2013-07-25
VISA ISSUED...
2013-07-30
LANDED..........
2013-08-18
I'm curious, if it turned out to be reason #5, then would there be recourse in a law suit? Since he committed bigamy which is a crime in Canada (and in most, but not all instances in Pakistan) then he fraudulently entered into a marriage. Could there be compensation for the victim for pain and suffering, etc?

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
Oct 4, 2012 9:00am
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
scos said:
I'm curious, if it turned out to be reason #5, then would there be recourse in a law suit? Since he committed bigamy which is a crime in Canada (and in most, but not all instances in Pakistan) then he fraudulently entered into a marriage. Could there be compensation for the victim for pain and suffering, etc?
no....probably not and the legal costs to even attempt obtaining that would far outweigh what one might get for damages.....the only satisfaction one might have is if they charge him with bigamy and he does jail time...but probably not......unless he makes a habit of this......

aziz2010

Star Member
Sep 4, 2011
Visa Office......
Rabat
AOR Received.
6 jan
Interview........
19/06/2012
understanding said:
hi bushra, i hope its not to late for a reply.

I am canadian and have legal experience, first, I am sorry to hear of your situation.

If he has not contacted you, and avoids your calls, chances are he does not want to be married to you,

1- you cannot force him to give you sponsor ship
2- support... he is only liable to support you if he sponsored you and he did not.
3 according to candian law, if he is separtated from you and wants no contact, then he is not liable to support you.
4- if you file for a divoce through canada you can ask for support but.. it will only be equal to what he was supporting you with prior.. and he was not so 0 = 0
5- if there is a possibility that he has a wife in canada already, canadas laws state that his marriage to you would not be legal and thus technically you would not even be his wife so even divorce would not be an option..

my advice, talk to his family see if there is any chance to work it out, if not and if he wants nothing to do with you.. seek peace in gos, for god knows whats best and sometimes god give harder trials to the best of people for the better rewards after.. take care and have peace
hi please what do you mean by seek peace in gos ?? thanks for reply

Aziz

sakamath

Feb 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2008
Doc's Request.