+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got go ahead from CIC sydney to apply to Buffalo, now how to get transcripts

abingc

Jan 28, 2009
I live in US in H1b. I applied to sydney under federal skill category in feb first week, they received on feb 16 and they sent me a letter dated feb 25 receied today on March 5 that your application has been accepted and transferred to Buffalo.

Now, i probably can arrange every doc they want but confused as hwo to get the degree transcripts with univ stamps from India for me & my wife. We have been here for so many years that it is tough to find a way to get these from our univs. I have the originals with me here - does any one know if they will accept the notorized copy of the degree certificates??
I also have the US evalualtion for my degree.

babutv2000

Jan 29, 2009
Notorised copies of transcripts adequate. I am doing the same. I don't think we can get extra copies from indian universities in a sealed envelop even if u r in india & approach them.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

babutv2000 said:
Notorised copies of transcripts adequate. I am doing the same. I don't think we can get extra copies from indian universities in a sealed envelop even if u r in india & approach them.
Everyone else gets them from India, I doubt if you are any different.

PMM

wpc71

Dec 17, 2008
notorized copies of the degree certificate is fine. But as for the transcripts, they clearly say originals in university sealed envelopes.

babutv2000

Jan 29, 2009
It is news to me. I do know that as per guide to application, canadian immigration requires original transcripts in university sealed envelops. But I believed that we cannot get them from India. If there is any one who would have got from Bangalore, University, please let me know how to get the same.

kumarfresh

Mar 6, 2009
hey,
I am a bit confussed: What actually does the immigreation require: The copy of degree transcripts (with university stamp on them) OR the original transcript of degree in sealed envelop?

I assume, it must be the photocopies (but attested by universiverty) that one need to get from there instead of the original transcripts sealed in envelop. Please correct me if I am wrong.

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A transcript is an official copy of a student's academic record. It records all courses successfully and unsuccessfully completed and all courses that were withdrawn after the registration deadline.

Normally, You would use an Official Transcript if you need to provide evidence of your University academic record to another educational institution, for employment or to apply for scholarships or bursaries and in this case for Immigration purposes.

And yes, for immigration purposes, you do need your Transcripts.

sg09

Feb 5, 2009
My wife is a graduate from Delhi Unive and her brother went to the University for transcript and were told that they have to get a letter from Canadian Embassy stating why they need it?I don't know where to get that letter from...anyone??

kumarfresh

Mar 6, 2009
Hi Sg09,

I also went to the University of Delhi and they asked me also the same...get a letter from Canadian Embassy. I contacted the Canadian Embassy too and they said that they do not provide any kind of letter.

It would be very helpful if somebody earlier got the transcripts from University of Delhi ...please help...how to get them...

sg09

Feb 5, 2009
kumarfresh said:
Hi Sg09,

I also went to the University of Delhi and they asked me also the same...get a letter from Canadian Embassy. I contacted the Canadian Embassy too and they said that they do not provide any kind of letter.

It would be very helpful if somebody earlier got the transcripts from University of Delhi ...please help...how to get them...
Did you go recently?There were a lot of people on this board who managed to get the transcript but don't know from which University?Are you still in India?Can you atleast ask the University to give a letter that they don't give transcript without letter from embassy.May be we can give that letter alongwith our application to CIC.

ADA

Mar 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Mar 2009
Doc's Request.
07 Apr 2009 - Sent on 29 Jun 2009
Folks.....
This topic has been discussed multiple times and beaten to death....

In case all your marksheets and certificates are in ENGLISH (Dual language is fine), you are good.

Make sure you notarize all marksheets (EACH ONE OF THEM!!!!!!!!) and send it.

This is based on a friend of mine who had done this way and is now in Toronto.

ADA

Mar 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Mar 2009
Doc's Request.
07 Apr 2009 - Sent on 29 Jun 2009
The reason why CIC wants sealed envelope is, there are lot of fraudsters whi give bogus certificate all the time.

So if you are in USA, and get it notarized they have a little more trust.

Anyways.. OTHER folks who have sent the marksheets/certificates can comment.

Abhishek12

Feb 23, 2009
Hello,
I have all my semeters certficates and final Degree certificate in ENGLISH only. Would like to know
1. Will it be enough or still I need Transript? I know unversity where i completed my degree, doesnt provide such kind of letter..

wpc71

Dec 17, 2008
It seems that the transcripts MUST be in university-sealed envelopes. In my case, the university issued the transcripts in my native language. I had them translated by a certified translator and gave them back to the university where they stamped the translations and put them in university envelopes and sealed them. I am yet to send my documents so I am not 100% sure if it works but for me, there is no other option.

sg09

Feb 5, 2009
ADA said:
The reason why CIC wants sealed envelope is, there are lot of fraudsters whi give bogus certificate all the time.

So if you are in USA, and get it notarized they have a little more trust.

Anyways.. OTHER folks who have sent the marksheets/certificates can comment.
Thanks a lot for the comment but the people who have sent the notarised copies...have they written something in the application as to why they are not sending the transcript in a sealed envelope? I mean Will University give the letter stating that they are not issuing the trascript unless they have a proof from the embassy?