+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got 35 points added for CEC and got ITA before 12 months completed. What should I do?

libertador42

Jan 18, 2022
I found the following link, but I could not clearly understand whether we should also get the exact work experience when we get the ITA. They use "or" for a reason for not applying a visa:

Under section A11.2, an officer may not issue a visa to an applicant who did not or does not meet the Express Entry minimum entry criteria (MEC) or did not or does not possess the qualifications for which they received their CRS score at the time when

• the invitation to apply (ITA) was issued; or
  • the e-APR was received by IRCC.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/assessing-electronic-application-on-section-a11-2.html

pknight

Jan 20, 2023
I posted this in another similar thread. No, you do not need to reject the ITA. Use this time to gather your documents and submit your complete application when you have completed your 12 months. In terms of the employment letter to support your Canadian experience, just make sure it is dated after your 12 months is completed not before. I have done this and got approval - no need to sweat about it.

Reactions: Miracle2018

MazAtta97

Mar 19, 2023
I posted this in another similar thread. No, you do not need to reject the ITA. Use this time to gather your documents and submit your complete application when you have completed your 12 months. In terms of the employment letter to support your Canadian experience, just make sure it is dated after your 12 months is completed not before. I have done this and got approval - no need to sweat about it.
I'm in the same situation. Got ITA with CRS 490 cutoff. My score is 507 and I complete my 2 yrs of work xp on April 26. With only 1yr xp, my score is 482. Are you 100% sure? Can you tell me a bit more about your application? What do you think about this law compared to what you said?

Under section A11.2, an officer may not issue a visa to an applicant who did not or does not meet the Express Entry minimum entry criteria (MEC) or did not or does not possess the qualifications for which they received their CRS score at the time when

D

Deleted member 981115

I'm in the same situation. Got ITA with CRS 490 cutoff. My score is 507 and I complete my 2 yrs of work xp on April 26. With only 1yr xp, my score is 482. Are you 100% sure? Can you tell me a bit more about your application? What do you think about this law compared to what you said?

Did you end up applying?

nuwan.chathuranga

Apr 17, 2021
Hi! Can you please advise me on the following,

My IELTS expires 2 days before my 1 year of working experience. Is it a risk to accept the ITA?

Thank you

forever21islander

Star Member
Apr 5, 2019

My IELTS expires 2 days before my 1 year of working experience. Is it a risk to accept the ITA?

Thank you
Your language test must be valid at the time of submission. Lock-In is use after submission. Even if you were to accept ITA and submit before the English expires you still would not meet the work experience requirement.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

Thank you
Here is your problem...

You cannot submit your application until after you have the full year of work experience AND your IELTS results must be valid when you submit your complete application. Your IELTS results expires before you have the 1 year of work experience. So there's no way for you to do this. You cannot submit a valid application.

You must have seen this coming and have plans to re-write IELTS????

Decline ITA. Rewrite IELTS. Wait for ITA again after you have new IELTS results.

Reactions: Taran D

nuwan.chathuranga

Apr 17, 2021
Your language test must be valid at the time of submission. Lock-In is use after submission. Even if you were to accept ITA and submit before the English expires you still would not meet the work experience requirement.

Thank you for the information.

Yes, it has a valid test results date when the submission of 2 days before. My question is I have 363 days, not 365 days. Is that a problem?

Thank you

nuwan.chathuranga

Apr 17, 2021
Thank you for the information,
Do you know any reason, why the EE profile adds additional 35 points as "Met CEC", before 1 year? In my case, IRCC added 35 points and said yours are met the CEC requirements. (But the system knows I have less than 1 year of experience)

Any thoughts on this? Did someone ask this query from IRCC?

Please share your thoughts

Thank you

forever21islander

Star Member
Apr 5, 2019
Thank you for the information,
Do you know any reason, why the EE profile adds additional 35 points as "Met CEC", before 1 year? In my case, IRCC added 35 points and said yours are met the CEC requirements. (But the system knows I have less than 1 year of experience)

Any thoughts on this? Did someone ask this query from IRCC?

Please share your thoughts

Thank you
Unfortunately, that’s how the system calculate the points. If your English wasn’t going to be expired before you reach the 1 year you could have accepted the ITA because you have 60 days to submit. All the best

Last edited:

nuwan.chathuranga

Apr 17, 2021
Unfortunately, that’s how the system calculates the points. If your English wasn’t going to be expired before you reach the 1 year you could have accepted the ITA because you have 60 days to submit. All the best
I have collected all other documents because I am already in CA and arrived under a closed WP. My English results are not expired before reaching 1 year.

It is like this,

IELTS test results date - 10th May 2021
One year working complete - 12th June 2023

I can pay for the ITA and submit it on 9th June 2023 (But,3 days short for 1 year) :(((

Thank you

forever21islander

Star Member
Apr 5, 2019
I have collected all other documents because I am already in CA and arrived under a closed WP. My English results are not expired before reaching 1 year.

It is like this,

IELTS test results date - 10th May 2021
One year working complete - 12th June 2023

I can pay for the ITA and submit it on 9th June 2023 (But,3 days short for 1 year) :(((

Thank you
English test is valid for 2 years. And again if you submit before you reach the 1 year your application will be rejected. I think I have explained the situation multiple times and you are trying to convince yourself that your situation will work so do what best suites you.

Reactions: nuwan.chathuranga