Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
I will be landing tomorrow/today depending on your time soon. Anyway, I do not have a list of goods to claim upon "entry" but I do however want to at a later time, bring things from home. Which form do I use for "Goods to Follow" and how would I fill it out? Also, I do not know of all the specifics I will be bringing back but it will likely be clothes, furniture, etc. So when I fill it out can I just put used clothes? Or would I have to be more detailed and specific when filling out the form for items?

If it helps anyone give a better answer, I am an inland applicant and am landing at the local CIC office. Not by actually leaving Canada and flying back in. Looking forward to your responses. Thank you. :)

awor

Nov 4, 2010
Oregon to Alberta
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> LA
App. Filed.......
26 Aug 2011
AOR Received.
15 Dec 2011
File Transfer...
[b]CPC-M to Buffalo:[/b] 03 Nov 2011 [b]Buffalo to LA:[/b] 19 Jan 2012
Med's Done....
11 Apr 2011 [b]Ecas shows received [/b]5 Mar 2012
Passport Req..
7 Mar 2012 [b]Decision Made[/b]: 1 Apr 2012
VISA ISSUED...
29 Mar 2012 [b] CORP Received[/b]: 19 Apr 2012
LANDED..........
Sumas: 25 April 2012 / [b]PR Cards Received[/b]: 4 July 2012
I believe big items need to be listed individually (beige couch, Sony 45" Flatscreen TV Model # 123456, etc), and small items can be grouped: Clothes for X (person), linens, kitchen dishes, silverware, pots and pans, etc.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Oh okay, thank you. Well I don't have to worry about many individual items except for TV, cd player, guitars, and dvd/vhs player. Everything else I think I will be able to group together. I think I will just bring a blank form and ask them to help me fill it out so I don't mess up. I will just bring my list on a regular piece of paper. Would you happen to know how long after landing we have to bring our goods to follow with us?

ditta

Oct 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-10
Med's Done....
20-06-10
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
02-06-11
L_Y, that is a really good question, I don`t know what to do with it either or which form should I use. Anyone who can help will be much appreciated as I land tomorrow. However I might not be able to go home for another year, so I`m not sure there is any possibility to take items as following goods that much later.

awor

Nov 4, 2010
Oregon to Alberta
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> LA
App. Filed.......
26 Aug 2011
AOR Received.
15 Dec 2011
File Transfer...
[b]CPC-M to Buffalo:[/b] 03 Nov 2011 [b]Buffalo to LA:[/b] 19 Jan 2012
Med's Done....
11 Apr 2011 [b]Ecas shows received [/b]5 Mar 2012
Passport Req..
7 Mar 2012 [b]Decision Made[/b]: 1 Apr 2012
VISA ISSUED...
29 Mar 2012 [b] CORP Received[/b]: 19 Apr 2012
LANDED..........
Sumas: 25 April 2012 / [b]PR Cards Received[/b]: 4 July 2012
Love_Young said:
Oh okay, thank you. Well I don't have to worry about many individual items except for TV, cd player, guitars, and dvd/vhs player. Everything else I think I will be able to group together. I think I will just bring a blank form and ask them to help me fill it out so I don't mess up. I will just bring my list on a regular piece of paper. Would you happen to know how long after landing we have to bring our goods to follow with us?
I think they expect you to have the forms ready when you get there.

I found this post with details:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/form-b4-goods-to-followaccompanying-list-how-to-t44793.0.html

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ditta said:
L_Y, that is a really good question, I don`t know what to do with it either or which form should I use. Anyone who can help will be much appreciated as I land tomorrow. However I might not be able to go home for another year, so I`m not sure there is any possibility to take items as following goods that much later.
You can always prepare your form in excel format and take this to the Customs Officer at landing for advice.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
I did bring the forms with me to my landing but she said that it was a CBSA matter and not theirs.
She said that whenever I do go home the first time and bring stuff back to have the list ready. That I declare that I became a permanent resident but this is my first time flying back into Canada as a permanent resident. I still don't know how truthful this is but it makes sense. She said, that you can only really know the exact items and value of things when you already have the items with you. And said since I had been away for so long, I am not likely to remember those items I want to bring until I got back anyway. I hope this is right though. I still may call sometime soon.

SssS

Star Member
Mar 1, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I went to CBSA with my list of goods - simple description - mark of the company (Sony, e.g.), colour and estimated value. Officer attached it to my application they gave me, I filled it out there and he stamped both application and my list. He told me with this I should be OK. I understand that so long as it is on your list and it looks used you will not have problem.

lilly_inland

Star Member
Sep 16, 2010
Love_Young said:
I did bring the forms with me to my landing but she said that it was a CBSA matter and not theirs.
She said that whenever I do go home the first time and bring stuff back to have the list ready. That I declare that I became a permanent resident but this is my first time flying back into Canada as a permanent resident. I still don't know how truthful this is but it makes sense. She said, that you can only really know the exact items and value of things when you already have the items with you. And said since I had been away for so long, I am not likely to remember those items I want to bring until I got back anyway. I hope this is right though. I still may call sometime soon.
You may want to double check on this information for Inland applications. For outland applications, at the time of landing, you would be required to submit the B4A form which would be stamped by customs. THe next time you bring the goods in, they will use this list to check the goods that you're bringing into the country. I don't think this even applies to Inland applicants, but I may be wrong...

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
lilly_inland said:
You may want to double check on this information for Inland applications. For outland applications, at the time of landing, you would be required to submit the B4A form which would be stamped by customs. THe next time you bring the goods in, they will use this list to check the goods that you're bringing into the country. I don't think this even applies to Inland applicants, but I may be wrong...
No, not exactly. CBSA and landing happens at the same time for outland applicants. That is the only difference. Technically you are allowed to bring belongings from home the moment you first cross as a permanent resident. For outland applicants, that just happens to be when they first fly in. Either way, as a permanent resident (whether inland or outland) you are allowed to declare goods from home. Worse comes to worse all people would need to do (if they don't feel safe to do it when traveling back from home) they could fill out the forms and bring it to the closest CBSA office for them to verify and sign on the same day that you "land" at the local office so it will be done before going home.