+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Global Business Management May 2012

PISSED

Dec 5, 2011
jonas said:
Yes I know what sin card is,but when u finished your first semester then why did you drop out just finish the course,get the post grad work permit i guess then you get a proper shot at a good job
Thats how everyone thinks when in India. Job market is not that attractive as it seems from India. Consultants project a bright picture but all that is merely an eyewash. With a PG Certificate, chances are bleak. Atleast, they are not worth the investment.

Well, i managed to get fee refund and hence saved my first sem tuition investment.

jonas

Star Member
Jun 13, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well as you are in canada ,is it easy to get job straightaway even a odd one because I have heard guys really struggling there,so i have to give a second thought.You are quiet right if money is spent it should worth every penny but 12000 CAD for a Pg cert doesn't sound like a good investment,glad you got the refund

jonas

Star Member
Jun 13, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ PISSED what about the project management course,can i change course or college once i land there

PISSED

Dec 5, 2011
jonas said:
Well as you are in canada ,is it easy to get job straightaway even a odd one because I have heard guys really struggling there,so i have to give a second thought.You are quiet right if money is spent it should worth every penny but 12000 CAD for a Pg cert doesn't sound like a good investment,glad you got the refund
Certainly, in NO way the cost(s) outweighs the benefits. About jobs, particularly when one is a student, i would say here, Jobs are easy to find, but hard to perform, as it will/may include labor work. Dont expect any office job.

PISSED

Dec 5, 2011
jonas said:
@ PISSED what about the project management course,can i change course or college once i land there
That course is still better than GBM. Yes you can, provided the course/college is still accepting new applications.

jonas

Star Member
Jun 13, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes they still accepting applications,but hats off to you for the honest replies ,because its looks like walk in the park from here but not so easy over there ,now i get a clearer picture of what to expect if i get visa,bruv one more thing can you work there during first sem ,coz i dont think so there are many on campus jobs available to accommodate so many students as you told me that majority of them are desiz,can you work off campus during that period

PISSED

Dec 5, 2011
jonas said:
Yes they still accepting applications,but hats off to you for the honest replies ,because its looks like walk in the park from here but not so easy over there ,now i get a clearer picture of what to expect if i get visa,bruv one more thing can you work there during first sem ,coz i dont think so there are many on campus jobs available to accommodate so many students as you told me that majority of them are desiz,can you work off campus during that period
Well, not much jobs are available on campus. Legally, you can't work off-campus before first six months(other conditions apply) because of SIN related issues.
But then there are many agencies who provide jobs to students without a SIN card too.

jonas

Star Member
Jun 13, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mate coz the educational consultant here just want to rush the student to apply for visa so that they get the fat commission and in the end its our money that's being spent so i guess we have to think wisely and rationally to decide about colleges and courses,so thanks again mate for the valuable info you have given :)

PISSED

Dec 5, 2011
jonas said:
mate coz the educational consultant here just want to rush the student to apply for visa so that they get the fat commission and in the end its our money that's being spent so i guess we have to think wisely and rationally to decide about colleges and courses,so thanks again mate for the valuable info you have given :)
Yes everyone should! Anyways, my pleasure. :)

account77

Star Member
Oct 28, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PISSED said:
Well, if the job is with a SIN card, you will get a minimum of $10.25/hour(with tax deductions). I hope you know what a SIN card is.
Yes, i am still in Canada. Dropped the course, working these days and will fly back soon.

Yeah! i do know SIN Card (Google is our best friend :p) Dude, If you dropped the course that's fine but again why you not joining other course or college?

To be honest with you, The reason i choose "Global Business Management" is because.

1) Lots of students got rejected for Mis-match studies. I have done B.com here so i can choose only business category courses :( (If i get a chance i will go for IT courses)

2) I wants to get into a 2 years course. So, that i can get 3 years work permit after finishing my course.

Can you tell us, Can we change the course or college once we reach Canada? or give us suggestions, what you would do if you were in our position :-s

P.S: Thanks for your time :)

PISSED

Dec 5, 2011
account77 said:
Yeah! i do know SIN Card (Google is our best friend :p) Dude, If you dropped the course that's fine but again why you not joining other course or college?

To be honest with you, The reason i choose "Global Business Management" is because.

1) Lots of students got rejected for Mis-match studies. I have done B.com here so i can choose only business category courses :( (If i get a chance i will go for IT courses)

2) I wants to get into a 2 years course. So, that i can get 3 years work permit after finishing my course.

Can you tell us, Can we change the course or college once we reach Canada? or give us suggestions, what you would do if you were in our position :-s

P.S: Thanks for your time :)
Yes you can change, provided seats are still left in the course/college you wish to apply. I think its better to go for university courses.

ashokcan

Apr 28, 2011
PISSED said:
Yes you can change, provided seats are still left in the course/college you wish to apply. I think its better to go for university courses.
You said University course. What about Post Baccalaureate Diploma in International Business from Thomson Rivers University.
I will appreciate your reply.
Thanks

inder2662

Star Member
Feb 26, 2014
Hello,
I read your post. I am also thinking for applying for this course for september. I had spent a month on deciding about this course. Now, after reading your post my heart has broken. But, I also wanted to go Canada. what do i do now?

ayaz123

Jan 1, 2012
how about GBM from Centennial college is it of the same worth ?? any one applied to this program too?? Please share your views Thanks