+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Global Business Management May 2012

account77

Star Member
Oct 28, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just received acceptance email from Humber College for Global Business Management (May 2012 Intake)

Anybody else from this forum applying for the same course or college (May Intake)? Post your updates in this thread :)

neeraj1985

Star Member
Sep 10, 2011
New Delhi
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Band 8
account77 said:
I just received acceptance email from Humber College for Global Business Management (May 2012 Intake)

Anybody else from this forum applying for the same course or college (May Intake)? Post your updates in this thread :)
Hi,

I am also going for May, 2012 session for the same program....

jonas

Star Member
Jun 13, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mate I am going for project management from humber in may intake...just curious which is the earliest date to apply..i guess i have to wait till 1 feb

account77

Star Member
Oct 28, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For Visa yes! we need to wait till first week of February. You got admission letter?

jonas

Star Member
Jun 13, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
no mate ,but i guess i am still on time as my consultant told me it will take 2 weeks so its ok

account77

Star Member
Oct 28, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jonas said:
no mate ,but i guess i am still on time as my consultant told me it will take 2 weeks so its ok

You got any email from Humber team? and what you doing for Edu loan?

PISSED

Dec 5, 2011
For those who are applying/have applied to GBM 2012 at Humber and feeling elated about it :

Being a current student at humber pursuing GBM, i have a lot many things to share. And thats the reason i took the effort to join this forum.
For those specially from punjab , gujarat and else where, please be clear and defined about your motive and expectations from this course, GBM , which has lately gained an "unreasonable" hype!

The name itself may sound pompous to many, but now i would say its just a mere "eyewash". If you think that this course gonna gift you with a fat pay package job, where all you will be getting is a big bag full of Canadian $$$, its better to save your Rupees or respective currencies. Contrary to what this name may suggest, the classroom is packed with many indians. more than 90-92% of the strength comprises Indian nationality(specially from rural areas of punjab and gujarat; no pun intended! ) , rest all comprises of a few germans/swiss/chinese/third world countries. :p

Some more light upon the course:
Global Business Management - what department do you expect to join upon completion of this course after paying a humongous fee which is almost "triple" the amount domestic students pay? Have you ever heard about a department "Global" in an organisation, apart from finance. marketing etc.?
Again, the name itself is pompous which catches many eyeballs.

Course prospects:
Try doing this on your own:
1. go to any good canadian job search website, like workopolis etc.
2. type in the keywords like "global business management" and consider yourself fortunate if you see any company demanding such qualification from its prospective candidates.
3. At humber , we are frequently made to feel that getting into humber is a "hard-nut-to-crack" by using some hackneyed phrases lke "Here at Humber we..." and that humber students are lucky and are the best minds of the world. "Total *censored word*!! "
4. Those who are thinking about getting a good "placement" from this course/college, let me tell you that this is just a "college", and there is nothing like "placement". Hence, before you another friend or family member or distant relatives or just the guy/girl next door that you "secured"(ahh, thats not the suitable word for humber) a place at humber, have the guts to tell them what was the admission procedure and the post-course prospects.

5. There are a few things that you just wont get to know sitting in your home country about this country and its job market, and specifically about this course, many thanks to the commendable efforts taken by the "foreign education agents" who in the garb of a decent sounding title of "Consultants" act like humber agents and hence they quick to speak or promote GBM and its prospects, if any! For each of the student admitted, they are paid a handsome amount by the colleges.

Moreover, the agents will tell you that its a "Post graduate diploma", in reality you will get a "Post Graduate Certificate".

Hence, try to save your dad's hard earned money by not investing in such a college and instead going for a university.

Even if you are still interested in getting into a college, try choosing a specific course like finance, marketing, HR etc.

This course is suitable for those who just want to get a PR in Canada anyhow (and it really sounds so greedy, regardless of anyone's personal choice) and wont mind doing odd jobs like a serving in a restaurant/McD even after completion of this course. Because, even after 6 months of completing this course, i have encountered students working in subways etc.

My IELTS score was 8.0. R - 9, S - 8.5, L- 7.5, W - 7.0 .

With all that being said, application of individual wisdom and due diligence is adviced.

jonas

Star Member
Jun 13, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
no I will apply after x mas break ,for edu loan i take it against Fds(Fixed Deposit) so it wont be a problem ,but i want to apply at earliest so that i wont miss out because maybe intake there few colleges. I am only worried because i am MBA and this is a PG dip so i hope there will be no trouble. btw whats your ILTES score

account77

Star Member
Oct 28, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PISSED said:
Because, even after 6 months of completing this course, i have encountered students working in subways etc.

Off-Topic but how much do they pay in Subways? :p

P.S. : are you still in Canada? If yes! when did you finished your course and what exactly you doing these days :-X

account77

Star Member
Oct 28, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jonas said:
no I will apply after x mas break ,for edu loan i take it against Fds(Fixed Deposit) so it wont be a problem ,but i want to apply at earliest so that i wont miss out because maybe intake there few colleges. I am only worried because i am MBA and this is a PG dip so i hope there will be no trouble. btw whats your ILTES score
My IELTS score is L-7, S-6.5, R-6.5, W-6.5 and Overall 6.5

After reading lots of case studies in this forum, I think you should review your decision. Because you already have a master degree and now applying for P.G. Diploma. Many guys got rejected with this profile by saying "Studies Mismatch etc etc"

PISSED

Dec 5, 2011
account77 said:
Off-Topic but how much do they pay in Subways? :p

P.S. : are you still in Canada? If yes! when did you finished your course and what exactly you doing these days :-X
Well, if the job is with a SIN card, you will get a minimum of $10.25/hour(with tax deductions). I hope you know what a SIN card is.
Yes, i am still in Canada. Dropped the course, working these days and will fly back soon.

PISSED

Dec 5, 2011
For those(jinhe course se kuch lena dena nahi hai) & eyeing on PR prospects, DO CHECK OUT THE "SHORTAGE LIST" OF OCCUPATIONS LISTED BY CIC ON ITS WEBSITES! CAP FOR BUSINESS PROFESSIONALS HAS REACHED OR ABOUT TO REACH ITS LIMIT! THAT MEANS ONCE A LISTED PROFESSION/OCCUPATION REACHES ITS CAP, PR WILL NO LONGER BE GRANTED TO THEM!

jonas

Star Member
Jun 13, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes I know what sin card is,but when u finished your first semester then why did you drop out just finish the course,get the post grad work permit i guess then you get a proper shot at a good job

jonas

Star Member
Jun 13, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Have you paid the full fees in one go,then you have to come back and start all over again