+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GIC : Those who applied on first week of July.

TECC_Seneca

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Exactly!! My offer letter was so delayed in the first place from the college. For having applied in Jan for Sep intake. I got my admit letter in July! Can you beat that!And then the GIC!Nowhere was it a delay from my end. After all this scene I had my skepticism about my decision to study at Canada at all. Anyway I have come too far and hope things turn out to be good finally.

Jul 29, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have made up my mind to wait for one last day, if i dont get my GIC, I'll defer my admission to january intake and apply on 1st september. I really dont want to experiment or give embassy any chance to reject my file, afterall its all a big hassle getting refunds, becoming ineligible for spp etc. I would rather wait for a month. My college already called me and said they have no problem deferring me to january and plus i can goto canada few months before jnuary and travel around lol.... danggg i am so positive 8)

zat

Jul 16, 2013
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Pre
Med's Done....
24-07-2013
Harman.Dandiwal said:
I have made up my mind to wait for one last day, if i dont get my GIC, I'll defer my admission to january intake and apply on 1st september. I really dont want to experiment or give embassy any chance to reject my file, afterall its all a big hassle getting refunds, becoming ineligible for spp etc. I would rather wait for a month. My college already called me and said they have no problem deferring me to january and plus i can goto canada few months before jnuary and travel around lol.... danggg i am so positive 8)
haha awesome being positive.

I had the same idea as you but luckily I got the certificate, but by the time the file is submitted to the high commission it would be 5th of August. Iv submitted it anyway.

Dude, the agony is that I transferred the money to scotia bank on 23rd, their certificate is documented on 26th and I got the certificate only on 29th. So your file might be closer to completion than you think actually :).

Just re check if your bank transfer information matches to the one given by scotia bank and ofcourse do check if you have been debited (im sure you have done that )

abhi857

Jul 16, 2013
OMG..finally got my GIC certificate on 31st july early morning and launched my visa on the same day..just made it..8)

th3.rdx

Jul 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TECC_Seneca said:
Hi, I applied on the 26th of July too. They haven't received my funds yet. However my consultant has filed for the Visa only with the swift copy. I will send across the GIC certifcate to the VFS office once I receive it. I'm taking a chance and hoping for the best! :-X
everything same as yours :'(

th3.rdx

Jul 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
he told me ... we will not take more than 13 minutes to generate gic certificate once ur fubds recieved .. ???

zat

Jul 16, 2013
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Pre
Med's Done....
24-07-2013
just 13 minutes ?? :eek: :eek: :eek:

th3.rdx

Jul 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have recorded their single word ... he says we have over 700 prnding applications .. we are not taking more than 13 minutes once funds recieved now ... and if we are not aware of your case , you send a mail to studentgic @ scotiabank.com and followup@scotiabank.com

Else we cant do anything more than that to speed up your process.

these words I have heared after requesting him 100 times.

Jul 29, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
13 minutes!! Ah well i'm gonna have some red bull just to stay up all night and wait for gic.... u just lifted my hope and made me rethink to drop my january plans lol

Jul 29, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I did on 26th July, my TT receipt has 29 July on it, maybe it says money got delivered on 29th. But it takes 3-5 days to fund gic and another 1-2 days to issue it. I am gonna stay up and wait and watch some movie online lol

th3.rdx

Jul 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
there's a little mistake in my tt reciept I.e in address peeer is written instead of peer .. is that goona be a problem ... my tt reciept has 26 july printted on it..

Jul 29, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I guess the embassy will cross check with scotiabank, all they really need is your name, gic ip number and remittance bank info... i dont think u would have any problem... unless any of the visa officers has PhD in english... just kidding ;D .. u r safe

th3.rdx

Jul 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I will be applying with tt reciept and letter head ... and will send certificate whenever recieved..

zat

Jul 16, 2013
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Pre
Med's Done....
24-07-2013
All the best :)