+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GIC : Those who applied on first week of July.

RamGenius

Star Member
Jun 29, 2013
sukh8 said:
Guys is it mandatory to send email to Scotia bank with wire transfer details or TT in order to get gic certificate?? Plz reply
Its not mandatory but i have sent the TT details to student@scotiabank.com .You can also send to this ID but they didn't reply me hope this info. would be useful to you

abhi857

Jul 16, 2013
siddhesh398 said:
Got the GIC certificate in 5 days , wire-transferred on 22nd July received the certificate on 27th July.
Congrats Siddhesh, GIC certificate in 5 days is real quick in present scenario, I had paid GIC on 23rd july,hope i will get it soon 8)
By the way,When are planning to launch visa.

sukh8

Jul 25, 2013
siddhesh398 said:
Got the GIC certificate in 5 days , wire-transferred on 22nd July received the certificate on 27th July.
Good to listen from u..I also transferred funds on same date, but no GIC yet.

TECC_Seneca

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Siddesh, you seem to be a lucky guy. I transferred on 26th July. When do you think I ll get certificate, weekends excluded?

siddhesh398

Apr 23, 2013
Expect 5-8 days including weekends.
But since you have wire-transferred the amount on 26th, apply for visa with wire-transfer receipt with some explanation in SOP before 1st August.
Once you get the GIC certificate provide it to the visa office.

TECC_Seneca said:
Siddesh, you seem to be a lucky guy. I transferred on 26th July. When do you think I ll get certificate, weekends excluded?

siddhesh398

Apr 23, 2013
Use a SWIFT copy and not wire-transfer receipt.
TECC_Seneca said:

siddhesh398

Apr 23, 2013
Wait you will get it too.. tomorrow is Sunday , it will be in your inbox, meanwhile prepare all the documents for VISA !!

sukh8 said:
Good to listen from u..I also transferred funds on same date, but no GIC yet.

zat

Jul 16, 2013
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Pre
Med's Done....
24-07-2013
I sent the initial application to scotia bank on 3rd of July and received the email from scotia bank only on 22nd :eek: with my new scotia account details.

I had transferred the money the next day from my Vijaya bank and on 24th, the FED told me that the money should have been credited to my scotia bank.

No reply from scotia bank yet and I haven't send a soft copy of the TT to scotia bank as I read mixed reviews about that delaying the application further.

:-\

TECC_Seneca

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The acknowledgment I got at the bank has all details including the swift codes of the sending and receiving banks and the amount and all of the details that was mentioned for the GIC funds transfer section. I'm assuming this is the swift copy?

zat

Jul 16, 2013
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Pre
Med's Done....
24-07-2013
TECC_Seneca said:
The acknowledgment I got at the bank has all details including the swift codes of the sending and receiving banks and the amount and all of the details that was mentioned for the GIC funds transfer section. I'm assuming this is the swift copy?
I have doubt about that as well. I have about 3 different copies.

1 got by email and the other 2 are hard copies.